PDA

View Full Version : What are your guys preferences as to boards?

speedyfast
04-20-2001, 02:20 AM
i think i liked the old ones more.

04-20-2001, 05:07 AM
I like this board better, more features, better looking, it's the style of the future! Virus is trying to take Scream and Fly to the next level, so be prepared for many changes over the next 12 months, not just with the message board :D

T-REX
04-20-2001, 06:51 AM
I personally like this one better...more informative and better layout...REX

ScreaminSunbird
04-20-2001, 07:14 AM
I like this board better because you can see all the responses at once and don't have to go back and forth so much.

Raceman
04-20-2001, 07:22 AM
I think it was easier to scan and see posts/replies without having to open a bunch of stuff, and scan the folks you don't care about reading. I think the old format would have been even better if it required a subject from the author and a screen name, doing away with "Article XXX" titles and anonymous posts. I also liked the fact that the newer stuff was always at the top on the old one, rather than a reply keeping an old subject at the top.

XBuddawg
04-20-2001, 07:43 AM
This format is much better than the last. It is easy to keep up with replies, 100times FASTER, and ya can make realy kewl lookin' things happen...hehe... Ya'll seen da "Nekkid" girls posts?....lol...

Ya also can answer more than 1 reply at a time, since y acan see all relpies to each post, without having to open each one.

My 2¢

Later, Buddy

Balzy
04-20-2001, 07:58 AM
I like the "New Posts Only" feature.

Ray Neudecker
04-20-2001, 09:04 AM
It is great. i really like the new posts feature.

04-20-2001, 09:10 AM
It doesn't push your post off the page before anyone relies like the other one did. Instead of showing every rely's subject, consuming half of the page, it just says how many replies. I like not having to punch in your name, addy, etc. every time you post. The signatures are cool, too. -Chad

Gary Hamer
04-20-2001, 09:49 AM
If it's less time to manage the board for Virus I guess the new one benifits everone. More time for improments to the board making it more valuable to use all. Kinda like the old on still

MirageMark
04-20-2001, 02:03 PM
I think in time, everyone will get used to the new board. I personally like the new board better than the old. Although the old board was fine, this way is much faster. Mark

Techno
04-20-2001, 05:15 PM
I already posted that I HATE HATE HATE this form. But the biggest reason for Virus going to it was for his sanity. I can live with it but I much preferred the other form, I care little for little icon smiley faces and the redundant "SUBJECT" line on the replies. The reply is already opened so whats the diff? You still have to open up the thread just to see one response so I don't see an improvement. The responses follow a chronological order and not a subject so they don't really post under what they were meant to.
Now you have to open up multiple subject pages and then open up those threads, Deja vu?
What I did was to go down the blue posts and right click
to open in a new window, I then read them and afterwards they became red posts. For me it was simple to use the old form.
How many people posted to a thread, you used to be able to see it! Along with subject if they had bothered to change it, and who they were.

JTS Racing
04-20-2001, 05:33 PM
Was posting on boards simular to this for some time now. I like this type for the additional features. Keeps active threads at the top. Will drop unactive after 30 days, but you can still bring them back to current life. Smilies are neat to express mode. Allows you to read all replys on a thread without closing and opening the next. Can't please um all:(

If you can't answer the questions, Question the answers:)