PDA

View Full Version : Mounting the Engine - err Engine Mounting.

Karl817
06-23-2002, 08:13 PM
Project '85 Glastron Carlson CVX-17. Took the '69 Johnson 115 off of the '71 Crownline - it was mounted to an aluminum plate that measures about 2' square and 3/4" thick. On the inside of the Crownline there was aluminum channel that the bolts went thru. Don't really know why this was there but I am planning on trying to use it.
On the CVX17 - it used to have a 90 Evinrude that's gone. The transom has no marks on it other than the outline where the motor used to be.
Question, the motor doesn't fit the top of the transom so using the holes on the engine mounting bracket I jacked the motor about 1" above the transom. The foot is still about 1" or so below the pad area. Is something wrong with this mounting?
Question, think the wiring harness will match up? Looks like it would.
Setback - should I try and get some aluminum angle and make me another bracket and set it back - what 6" or whould that be a waste of time.
Engine - is it easy to up the power on this or look for something newer and bigger.
Nothing but questions from me, sorry about that. Next week just working on this so I can get in the water soon.
Thanks for your time.