PDA

View Full Version : VOTE NOW ...It's IMPERATIVE

H2Onut
06-18-2002, 12:54 PM
VOTE NOW ...It's IMPERATIVE
This was an email sent to me by an oberver evaluating th situation of my boat in reference to being done for the RuMbLE.

You know..... I've been wondering how I was gonna
break the news to you. The more I see the condition of
the boat.......

I think you could make it, but the finish wouldn't be
what you'd want. Remember, there is all that work on
the bottom to be done, squaring strakes, pad and hull
repair etc. Not to mention the
fill/sand/fill/sand/fill/sand on the deck.

Then when all that is done, you have rigging. That
cannot be rushed like the finish can.

Keep this in mind though. You might have a better time
WITHOUT the boat at the Rumble! It causes you to get
around more and meet people and ride in their rigs. It
might not be all that bad that you leave the boat at
home. ................

The above person shall not be names, do to liability for bodily harm.

NOW CAST YOUR VOTE WILL I MAKE IT OR NOT !!

Talon2.5
06-18-2002, 01:16 PM
dont rush that project JUST to get to the rumble with a boat

that will be a sweet machine when your done

if you rush it just to take it to the rumble youll be bummed that the results arent what they could have been

make it right the first time no matter what!!

the boat will be with you longer than the 3 day get together, and it will be to all the functions sooner or later and with the time not rushed be one sweet ride!!

youll regret it if ya start cutting corners just to make it to a function with the boat

do it right bro!! skip

ShorePounder
06-18-2002, 01:24 PM
That answer lies within you, and you only. Consider this, you have a pretty good source for cheap labor (this board) Bruce has been helping you quite a bit, he's da man, that's what he does. Skip has offered his help, I'm offering mine, and I'll bet we could scrounge up a couple more.

Think with your head, and not with your heart. Be objective and sit down and compile a punch list of things that need to be done to finish the boat, not to get it ready for the Rumble, but to finish the boat period. There are a few things you could probably postpone until after the Rumble, but I'm thinking they would only be cosmetic. My opinion (and it's just that) is that if you rush this, you'll be spending time during and after the Rumble re-doing things that probably would have been done right if you'd had the time.

I applaud your efforts. You've really kicked major boo-tay on this thing. I'd hate to see the marathon effort end up shy of the mark. Spend some of this rainy time to put the list together. Seriously and realistically put time frames on everything. I wanna see it done almost as much as you do (then we can all hang out on da water).

I want to be encouraging, but I'm pessimistic at this point. Hell Nut, get 'er done and make me eat my words!:D

H2Onut
06-18-2002, 01:36 PM
START MUNCHING .....................

I am glad there is an EDIT button...heheheh

action17
06-18-2002, 01:48 PM
yse common man you can do it we built my in seven days hull and deck three people in a one car garage:eek: :eek: yes from the molds that is!!! it can be done :D :D :D

B.Leonard
06-18-2002, 02:34 PM
Those sound like the words of a very wise man. :D

If I was you, I'd do it right and stop rushing to make an unrealistic deadline.

Remember... your Vector will have to be in the family for three generations before the value of the boat will be equal once again with the amount you've invested (time and money) :D So it better be done right, you're gonna be starring at it for quite some time when it's done! LOL!! ;) ;)

-BL

ShorePounder
06-18-2002, 02:41 PM
So it better be done right, you're gonna be starring at it for quite some time when it's done! LOL!!

and alot longer if it's not done right.:D

You better be nice to me Nut, I know where your motor is and I need parts. :eek: :D

H2Onut
06-18-2002, 03:13 PM
SKIP. lock and load, theres a pounder in da hood....

TO dream, ah yes, Silly little dreamer

dream a little dream

Daydreaming

day dream believer

Light towers going up this week,

Jolt cola on order,

Will sand for food crew forming at local liquor store.

RAIN...GO AWAY

Roof fix yourself
House re-finacne....AHHHH
Front yard...who need to mow dirt
ALL else can wait
I aint waivin da white flag just yet

DO or DO NOT, there is NO TRY !!!!

Lookin at it for a long time WHAT I am going to sell it and buy a splashed Sterling !!!

Talon2.5
06-18-2002, 05:47 PM
hey aint no one taking MY spare powerhead :D

Quote:
Lookin at it for a long time WHAT I am going to sell it and buy a splashed Sterling !!!

hahahahaha splash sterling hehehehehe

H2Onut
06-18-2002, 08:41 PM
MY SPARE POWERHEAD...OH **** :eek:

H2Onut
06-18-2002, 08:45 PM
Where it is today

halveb
06-18-2002, 10:40 PM
Rumble is more about boaters than it is about boats. Don't rush but if ya can get it down so be it but come to the rumble boat or no.:cool:

B.Mac
06-19-2002, 04:15 AM
Cannot be rushed........Take your time & do it right. You gotta live with it & sell it to buy a Sterling splash:D

B.MAC:D

H2Onut
06-20-2002, 07:27 AM
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; It is because we do not dare that they are difficult.

Talon2.5
06-20-2002, 08:31 AM
WHATEVER................just do it right the first time and be proud :)

Scott
06-21-2002, 06:13 AM
the situation you're facing! I'm relatively sure that the Baja will not be ready for the Rumble this year. When we started the project, it was Skip who said take your time and do it right, you'll always be happy with the results, and you'll always be dissapointed with with rushed results. So with that in mind, we have'nt rushed anything and so far are very happy with the results.

HOWEVER...after seeing your pics, you've come a long ways FAST!! In your case, you might just make it!!! Now git' yer a$$ back out there and git to work!!!

BTW... It's lookin freakin great!!!:cool: :) :cool: :)

175checkmate
07-02-2002, 02:15 AM
Use the force