PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Marine Website

Bloodfist
02-16-2008, 08:32 PM
I've always wondered why Mercury's website doesn't have the non DFI 2 strokes anywhere on the site. Why is this?

sosmerc
02-17-2008, 12:02 PM
The last time I looked they did show some engine performance tests with some of the conventional 2 strokes. But you have to wonder how much longer they are going to be available.

BigDadys94xj
02-17-2008, 12:18 PM
As the industry goes non DFI engines are dinosaurs and destine for extinction. Even though alot of us still like the old school technology.

Bloodfist
02-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Just wish they'd keep their 50 & 90hp models. A guy has a 150hp 2 stroke on his Jcraft on my lake and he says its much lighter than the 150 Optimax but I went and compared and really its only like 6 pounds lighter or something. The 50 & 90hp models are great as to me since I'm not from the states and are up in where all the small lakes are. I'm not a big of fan to the 90hp 2 stroke other than the 50hp 2 stroke model from Mercury. I should really get my hands on one before they stop making them. I wish that Mercury would compete against Evinrude and make maybe a "Special Edition" 50hp DFI Engine. And if I had the money and time I would make one myself. I know they are sticking with the 4 Stroke line ups. 4 Stroke is good enough for me though too. I'm currently making another boat (flats flyer) for pure sport fishing to lake hop around the cottage country. Its basically a similar constuction to the 168 Ghost Ranger. I'm probably going to buy a 50hp 2 stroke engine from Mercury and swap it with the 40hp Fourstroke I have on my little sport boat.