PDA

View Full Version : ?? $ Rc Junkies

Hottrucks
02-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Do they make a copy of the Skater???

If not how big would one have to be to get good perfomance and handling if it where set up with twin O/B's...The thought of one as an I/O kills me

I'm thinking like my 24 with a hatch to cover the controls and like Skater using th sponsons for fuel tanks.......

it's winter time and my mind wonders..............

boatwreck77
02-11-2008, 03:55 PM
i pluged and built a copy of the 46 bicardi skater a few years ago. still have the molds if interested boats 46 x 14 10th scale shoot me an e-mail and ill send pics thanks jeff

Mark Poole ModVP
02-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Dumas Boats built a copy of the Skater many years ago. I think it was like 43". If you want all out performance the inboard (not I/0) is the way to go. If set up with twin outboards it will be a bit tricky and even frustrating to set up and drive. An Aeromarine Srint Cat with an inboard is a fast, well handling boat and it looks like a canopy Skater.

nitrolouie
02-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Give me a ring, you can check out the fleet of raceboats. If you are gonna run a gas outboard you should only need 1 on a 45" hull, one of our club members ran his new 1/4 scale tunnel it's HUGE and 1 engine pushed it fine.

Hottrucks
02-24-2008, 10:29 AM
my bad I just found out that for the price of the Rc I can run a SST 60 boat..........????Hmmmmmmm hope you can keep a secret...but it's not like when it goes by anyone will have to guess who it is???