PDA

View Full Version : Gas tunnel boats

r c tunnel
01-23-2008, 04:55 PM
I was just wandering if any of you guys have seen the video that is on you tube of the two large scale gas tunnels running on lake X. These are 50 and 53 inch boats running Zenoah 260 marine gas motors alot of guys call the weed eater motors. Check them out and lets hear what you think. I would also like to mention the world out board championships in March in Charlston South Carolina. This is the largest gathering of OUT BOARD TUNNEL BOATS ever. Some of the best drivers and boats from around the world will be there I believe there are drivers from 7 or 8 countries going to be there.

Mark Poole ModVP
01-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Hmmm, I wonder who this could be.

scooby2000
01-28-2008, 07:55 AM
post up link

Wild Wil
01-28-2008, 08:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oEaODPxwE4

r c tunnel
01-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Sorry guys I do not know how to post a link for the video but if you click on the link Wild Wil posted then in the search box put in test session on lake X it will come up.

Thanks for looking R C Tunnel

Fish
01-28-2008, 01:48 PM
i saw a couple bad ass tunnels like that last weekend.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/boats/DSC_3066Large.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/boats/DSC_3064Large.jpg

Mark Poole ModVP
01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
HAHAHA!!!! Those were not bad boats! Those belong to the Tunnel Boat Mafia! They will also be at the CMB tunnel race in March.

mr fun
01-29-2008, 06:26 AM
but i don't think they get much badder. both had stickers on the recoil "dialed in at lake x" those are gas o/b's. those guys are from Jax. let's see your "bad" ones? an engine builder at that race freaked when he saw them, supposed to be from australia or something. :eek:

Mark Poole ModVP
01-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Mr. Fun,

I know who owns the boats, I am poking fun at them hoping they will chime in here and throw something back at me. We do this all the time especially on the rc boat forum. The Emarites boat is especially cool since it is an exact scale of a DAC.

r c tunnel
01-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah Fun we know Mr Poole. we loan him really fast race boats now and then so he can race with us :D Thank you for the compliments on the gas tunnels we really do enjoy them and hope to get some more interest in them from some of you big toy boys.

Stealth Assassin
01-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah Fun we know Mr Poole. we loan him really fast race boats now and then so he can race with us :D Thank you for the compliments on the gas tunnels we really do enjoy them and hope to get some more interest in them from some of you big toy boys.

What degrees It the transom on the abu hull? Or what degrees Is on the mounting bracket on the lower leg? Is It a lawless or g-morty?

Looks nice. I like It!

r c tunnel
01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
The mount is a custom mount done by a friend of ours in Savana GA not sure what the degree is the lower unit is a G-Morty from down under.

Stealth Assassin
01-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Does the transom on the other hull have the same transom?

r c tunnel
01-29-2008, 01:29 PM
No the other boat is an Aero marine hull that has a recessed transom. the mount on that hull is long to get the motor to the back of the sponcens.

cklee25
01-29-2008, 01:40 PM
:eek: whats up yall sure do have some prettyyyy gas boats cool hardwear bet you had a hard time finding that stuff ha. yeah poole needs to drive some fast stuff every once and a while helps keep him motovated.:cool:

r c tunnel
01-29-2008, 01:46 PM
What's up boy I was wandering when you where going to jump in here.;)

Fish
01-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Thank you for the compliments on the gas tunnels we really do enjoy them and hope to get some more interest in them from some of you big toy boys.

consider another hooked, and those big gas tunnels were amazing.

BTW, i brought my camera (obviously), keep an eye out for a photo thread from the races in the next couple of days. I am no pro, but got a couple decent shots.

fish

SFRacing
01-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Mr. Fun, is your cat walking back and forth across your keyboard or something?:confused::confused:

mr fun
01-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Mr. Fun, is your cat walking back and forth across your keyboard or something?:confused::confused:

and shorted it, :rolleyes:

moparbarn
02-19-2008, 12:00 PM
you can find most all of what you need for ALL o/b tunnels at www.ovalexpressracing.com (http://www.ovalexpressracing.com) . pretty much a 1 stop shop. great guy to deal with, give james a call.......... he has the transom blocks/wedges.

WATERWINGS
02-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Does anyone ever take a "real boat" out with the RC beside them?

I don't mean to race, but just to "take it down the river" ?

I realize that you have to have calm water, but that would be a good way to film and watch the RC go.

Body Guard
07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Can anyone help.? I am new and have just posted two pics of my own tunnel boat here but do not see it anywhere.

Body Guard
08-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys. I know how to do the posting now. Here's one more pic of my tunnel boat which I thought was appropriate to the theme Scream and Fly. Taken during one of our races. Here goes.
http://i21.tinypic.com/64o6mb.jpg

Mini GT
08-26-2008, 07:21 AM
If you has a tuned pipe fitted on the engine it would have flown AWAY!!!! :D :D :D

Body Guard
08-26-2008, 09:47 AM
I take that as a compliment. thanks a bundle. It's difficult to get someone to do accurate 'tuned' pipe' here for our superclass gas engines. They did but way too big for the craft. I like to see that done by anyone in the hope that it will help cut down noise pollution from these screaming engines. If you like to see more of our boats pls. go to Youtube and search for F1 powerboat rc. Three clips for everybody to view and enjoy. Cheers
Body Guard