PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Wanted!!!!

Zonkercraft
01-19-2008, 08:33 AM
This is an invitation to Vintage OPC Drivers to attend the race in Chattahochee Fl in March. There will be an informal BBQ Friday evening, where Vintage OPC drivers & participants, will be introduced & honored.
Bring the family, relatives, friends, crew members, and anyone who may be interested in seeing raceboats from the past & present.
Bring your pictures, your camera's, and your best smile!
Don't forget the shovels & trash bags, for picking up all the leftover BS that may be left behind. Tell all the tall tales & fibs you see fit to share!
Come out and enjoy the show!
Contact Bruce Washburn, or John Sherlock for more information.
Have a ball!!!!
Looking forward to see all of you!

Zonkercraft!
Vintageopcracing@aol.com

Bruce Washburn
01-21-2008, 05:49 PM
The event is starting to shape up. This could be a great gathering of vintage Outboard rigs and some very interesting vintage inboards. The current OPC/SLT races should also see some top notch drivers attend. Several National Champions, and World record holders will be competing.

Jeff aka Zonker has mentioned some of the Vintage OPC rigs he expects to see. This could be a very historical event and one that you will not want to miss. I am bringing my ear plugs just in case we get a couple of twin stackers. We already have permission for the stackers to run each day.

Let's hear who is coming. We have plenty of room but need to plan. If you have a vintage Race boat I hope that you plan to make it to this event. It could be the start of something big and a lot of fun

Bruce

Hottrucks
01-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Could you post the date and better location
I'm going to be in Fla and would love to see these.......
please be between the 13th and 22nd????

CUSTOM PERFORMANCE 1
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Will membership to APBA be a necessity to run a vintage boat? If so, what level of membership will be needed? I am planning on attending with my T2X Allison and plan to run it.
Thanks

Zonkercraft
01-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Will membership to APBA be a necessity to run a vintage boat? If so, what level of membership will be needed? I am planning on attending with my T2X Allison and plan to run it.
Thanks

That Allison is just flat ass GORGEOUS! WOW! IMPRESSIVE! It just incrediable how well it has been restored!
This is what Vintage OPC is all about. The PRIDE & DEDICATION shown in this boat, is what we all strive to achieve. Congratulations on a quality rig!
Looking forward to see you & the boat!
Will be posting membership options & fee's very soon!
THANKS
Zonkercarft
Vintageopcracing@aol.com

Bruce Washburn
01-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Put a number on the boat so it looks like a race boat and bring it on. To answer your question. Yes you would need to be an APBA member to run the boat. We would love to have you join as year around member and participate at other venues. It is my understanding that a weekend or one event membership can be purchased. I will get the particulars today and let you know the cost etc.

You better keep a good eye on that boat. Jim Hunt may take it for a few laps if your not looking. LOL

Bruce

CUSTOM PERFORMANCE 1
01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
I will probably go ahead and join as a non racing member. I will have my old racing number made up and afix to the boat. I ran the SV class (Supermodified V bottom) in 1974 and 1975. Jim and I had alot of fun with those boats!!!! Back then, the old magic mushroom aka Super Strangler just wouldn't quite git er done against Jim and the Just Rite Allison. He was the man to beat!!! Look forward to the event.:D

Bruce Washburn
01-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Membership for Vintage the following is my understanding.

Vintage Membership Fee is $70.00 (Annual) - makes no difference if Owner, Driver, Official, Crew --- all $70.00.

Single Event Fee for Vintage is $25 for the event.

I would strongly suggest that you go for the year. We hope that this will be the start of something big with more events to follow. The year membership also gets Propeller magazine and a voice in your Region. The more Vintage members we have the faster we can make this grow.

Bruce Washburn