PDA

View Full Version : virus problem solution?

Wile E. Coyote
12-30-2007, 07:07 PM
ok, so the long and short of it is, its personal now....i did indeed have the virtumondo...it writes itself to memory and is a futhermucker....thru various scans, midnight rituals, and such, i have narrowed it down to one corrupted file....it is c:\windows\system32\vturp.dll....this is a unsigned dll file and several different scans show this to be a corrupted file, the only one i have left...the problem is when i try to delete it, it says its being used by another program (duh) cant rename it, so i have two questions for the geeks on board....
1. is this something i cant live without, in which case, i need to replace it with an uncorrupted version...
2. HOW do i get rid of it, if its not a critical file?

anyh help will be appreciated
Bill

jphii
12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
TRY THIS (http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113507)

Wile E. Coyote
12-31-2007, 06:39 AM
thanks joe, it actually was three dll's, i actually found a program called vundo fix that aparently does the trick....we'll see....i ran the scans/repairs last nite, we'll see what happens when i get home....

Fish
12-31-2007, 07:01 AM
if not, try starting in safe mode and running your virus software from there to delete it.

Wile E. Coyote
01-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Well, i fixed it, took a while but i did it, if i ever meet the douche bag who invented the vundo/virtumonde programs i'm gonna punch them in the nose....if anyones interested, i'll post the details of how i did it.....
Bill