PDA

View Full Version : Fiber hair???

TD
06-09-2002, 12:03 PM
I am filing in and straightening the pad on my Vector.I am using this for the initial fill. What do you think? Should I put mat or cloth over that or am I going about this all wrong?

Thanks
TD

Jeff_G
06-10-2002, 09:03 AM
If you are talking about very small depressions etc then no cloth or mat. If you are wideing the pad then bondo with kitty hair can work. I would recommend one of the newer fillers with West System though. Bondo works well but has to be top coated as it does retain water. depends on how much. West has a web site you can order a free brochure from them that will describe the products and they also have a service manual for a couple bucks, well worth it.

tabararacing
06-18-2002, 04:38 PM
I agree with Jeff, the west systems with the filler additive works great for filling voids. However, it doesn't sand quite as nice as Kitty Hair. I wouldn't recommend bondo on a boat... If you have DA it will all sand nicely.
Also if you are looking for a harder finished product, i would recommend going with the 206 slow hardner. (west)
Brian

Superdave
06-18-2002, 07:02 PM
Short hair bondo, not brand name, but it is waterproof & real easy to work with. I got mine at a Sherwin-Williams store locally.
Dave:eek: :eek:

tabararacing
06-18-2002, 08:35 PM
Sorry about that, I forgot that its more than just ordinary filler. The stuff your talking about sounds like Kitty Hair to me.. (thats what i call it)
Brian