PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy- what do you use?

Techno
06-09-2002, 11:19 AM
I use west system but don't like the cost. Noticed the same strengths , on sites that list the specs, for others at half the cost!
Looking to go with a cheaper epoxy but need the pumps system since I'm never going to go the measuring glass way again.

Whos do you use and how do you decide on the ratios? Notice everyone elses system uses a varying ratio system to change heat range. Which means buyingseveral pumps or using a 1:1 pump system and just counting 3:1 or 5:1 strokes to make it right. My temp range is probably in the 70s mostly but will be in the 80s also.

H2Onut
06-09-2002, 04:05 PM
Thats my store fgci.com.

The diiferent ratios are for different applications 1:1 is penetrating resin

2:1 is a setp up, little thicker, 3:1 is what I use, impervious to gas oil, certifed to repair pressue fuel tanks. It is VERY VERY hard to sand, tough as nails, never meesed with 4:1 or 5:1

I live in FLorida, if I mix 12oz 9 resin 3 activator, I get about 7 minutes to work with.

However when the wife aint loking, i store in fridge before mixing, I then get about 15 minutes before kick. Also use a pan not a cup. This will also extend life or use a cup and have it in a bucket of ice water to slow kick time.

When this studf triggers, it goes FAST .

All total its about 40.00 a gal for 3:1

www.fgci.com