PDA

View Full Version : DFI oil useage

Cyncwby
12-19-2007, 02:43 AM
I know there are a lot of variables here.... but just taking a "ball park" guess how many hour's of run time would it take to use up a gal. of Merc DFI synthetic/blend oil. This is with a 175 Pro Xs, and not necessarily all at WOT...just general boating and fishing.....thanks, Dave

dspencer
12-26-2007, 07:59 AM
To many variables and all would affect the hours. I have a 150 opti and it is real good on oil usage. I imagine the 175 Pro XS is the same.
So at full throttle it may burn a gallon every 50 gallons of gas. At idle speeds who knows? Maybe every 200 gallons but I'll never know.

theoldwizard
01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I know there are a lot of variables here.... but just taking a "ball park" guess how many hour's of run time would it take to use up a gal. of Merc DFI synthetic/blend oil. This is with a 175 Pro Xs, and not necessarily all at WOT...just general boating and fishing.....thanks, Dave
I know you are referring to Mercury DFI's, but you should know that the Evinrude E-tec can be "adjusted" by the dealer to run a leaner oil mixture (about 50%) if you use their XD100, full synthetic oil.

Can't find XD100 after the dealer changed your PCM ? Just use whatever TCW-3 oil you can find in the oil tank and add 100:1 to the gas tank and "she'll be right mate !"