PDA

View Full Version : Chattahoochee Chalenge Vintage,OPC, SLT

Bruce Washburn
12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I met with the City last week and the Chattahoochee Challenge is set for MARCH 29-30. In addition to some great OPC, and SLT(Inflatables)races, WE WILL HAVE VINTAGE. This will be an APBA sanctioned event. I already know of a couple vintage inboard Hydros that will show and several vintage OPC rigs have promised to make the show. Rumor has it that Jeff aka Zonker will bring the twin engine Jones. A couple other of old twin tunnels have discussed coming as well.
There seems to be alot of interest in VINTAGE Race Boats on this board. This should be a great oportunity to see some of the old vintage caft first hand. If you have a vintage race boat bring it and share it with the rest of us. Provided that the boat is a vinatage race boat and can pass safety inspections we will provide the vintage boats an oportunity to make exhibition runs on the course. The launch will be a ramp launch only.
I will post more information on this event over the next few days.

We would like to get a good idea of who plans to attend and if your boat is a static display or will be able to make exhibition runs. Here is your chance to get the old race boats out of the garage. So let's wash off the dust, clean out the Carbs, charge the batteries and have some fun!

Thanks
Bruce Washburn

Fish
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
That's too cool Bruce, thanks for the heads up and putting this together. Any chance the miss diablo will make the trip down here for the event. I think I read last year that it was showing up at a few events and running.

Marking my calendar.

fish

afr
12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
bruce i missed last years event
so i need directions and or an address for map quest

Bruce Washburn
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I have not talked to Kenny kitson ( El diablo) but I understand that he has a place in Panama City which is only an hour away from Chattahoochee. It would be great to see the boat run
AFR asked about directions. Chattahoochee is about 45 minutes west of Tallahassee FLA on Hwy 90. The race is at the City's boat ramp which is just below the dam and south of of Hwy 90 on the river.

afr
12-17-2007, 06:25 PM
is that the wooddrif dam
river landing rd ???

afr
12-17-2007, 07:02 PM
bruce is this it

http://www.passport-america.com/campgrounds/united_states/florida/chattahoochee/chattahoochee_rv_campground_and_resort/

Bruce Washburn
12-18-2007, 07:32 AM
That is the place. It should also be on the City of Chattahoochee website.
Bruce

jphii
12-18-2007, 09:13 AM
If I can get one of the Veldens done I'll be there to run. But since all Zonker boy did last week when he was here was play with a trailer it might be tough. I gotta get started workin on one of them.

jtb
12-18-2007, 11:34 AM
If I can get one of the Veldens done I'll be there to run. But since all Zonker boy did last week when he was here was play with a trailer it might be tough. I gotta get started workin on one of them.

Why don’t you just wait until the last minute? Seems to have worked for you in the past. :D

spn#43
12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah it was fun race, we'll be there again in March.
Here are some action photos from last year event.
http://spnmotorsports.com/Index_files/image19271.jpg
http://spnmotorsports.com/Index_files/image18961.jpg
http://spnmotorsports.com/Index_files/image2010.jpg
http://spnmotorsports.com/Index_files/image20131.jpg
http://spnmotorsports.com/Index_files/image20221.jpg
http://spnmotorsports.com/Index_files/image20251.jpg

jtb
12-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah it was fun race, we'll be there again in March.
Here are some action photos from last year event.

was that pontoon boat racin with ya'll? :D

jphii
12-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Why don’t you just wait until the last minute? Seems to have worked for you in the past. :D

Slow day at work? You need to come over and help me get these done.

jtb
12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Slow day at work? You need to come over and help me get these done.

I have plenty to do.....just not in the mood for work:rolleyes:

spn#43
12-18-2007, 12:03 PM

Yeah….he was tough to beat but we got him on the last lap…http://www.lfsforum.net/images/smilies/uglyhammer.gif………..turn judge and rescue.

kim cleckler
12-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Is This Going To Be A Race? Or Just Kindda Run What You Have.. I Got A Boat Or Two But I Dont Want To RACE Them.... Dont Want tO BrEak Them Into Lol

Inform Me Better Please>>

jphii
12-18-2007, 12:32 PM
I met with the City last week and the Chattahoochee Challenge is set for MARCH 29-30. In addition to some great OPC, and SLT(Inflatables)races, WE WILL HAVE VINTAGE. This will be an APBA sanctioned event. I already know of a couple vintage inboard Hydros that will show and several vintage OPC rigs have promised to make the show. Rumor has it that Jeff aka Zonker will bring the twin engine Jones. A couple other of old twin tunnels have discussed coming as well.
There seems to be alot of interest in VINTAGE Race Boats on this board. This should be a great oportunity to see some of the old vintage caft first hand. If you have a vintage race boat bring it and share it with the rest of us. Provided that the boat is a vinatage race boat and can pass safety inspections we will provide the vintage boats an oportunity to make exhibition runs on the course. The launch will be a ramp launch only.
I will post more information on this event over the next few days.

We would like to get a good idea of who plans to attend and if your boat is a static display or will be able to make exhibition runs. Here is your chance to get the old race boats out of the garage. So let's wash off the dust, clean out the Carbs, charge the batteries and have some fun!

Thanks
Bruce Washburn

Sounds like you need to bring them Kim.

Bruce Washburn
12-18-2007, 01:54 PM
The current APBA OPC Boats and Inflatbles will race. The Vintage race boats can diplay or run exhibition laps. You may be out with another boat but no racing. we do not want to see any one wreck.

So by all means bring your boats Kim we would love to see them. What do you have??

Bruce

kim cleckler
12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Got Alot Of Em' Thinking About The ALLison Tunnel W/ Super Strangler And The Molinari W/ Ccc

Bruce Washburn
12-18-2007, 06:11 PM
I am sure that there are a bunch of people that would love to see either of the rigs.
Bruce

Zonkercraft
12-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Got Alot Of Em' Thinking About The ALLison Tunnel W/ Super Strangler And The Molinari W/ Ccc

They would be perfect Kim! Bring 'em! I'll see ya there!

C'mon guy's let's get 'em out. Knock the dust off, and run 'em. Fun, sun, & raceboats! It doesn't get ANY BETTER!

Zonkercraft

Zonkercraft
12-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey John....Are ya bring the blender??????

Zonkercraft

Zonkercraft
12-20-2007, 04:07 PM
I never said anything about blenders....did I????? I can't remember....sad ain't it......
Throttle......left turn....throttle....left turn.....

Zonkercraft

Zonkercraft
12-20-2007, 04:07 PM
I never said anything about blenders....did I????? I can't remember....sad ain't it......
Throttle......left turn....throttle....left turn.....

Zonkercraft

Bruce Washburn
12-20-2007, 04:55 PM
I saw John's 280 last week. The boat is beautiful. It has been restored inside and out. I am sure that he spent many hours of hard work on it.

RabidGatorFan
12-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Will the 45's be there? If so, I am in.

Zonkercraft
12-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Hey Guys
Need to put together a list of people who are coming. Need as much information as possible, including pictures, to promote this event. Lets here from you here, or email to Vintageopcracing@aol.com

To everyone,...a wish for a safe & happy holiday.

Now, get your boats together!!!!

Zonkercraft

MN4V
12-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Umm, some how I don't feel that the official web site of the APBA Vintage and Historic Division has any interest in OUTBOARDS. Am I wrong in thinking this?
Mark N

MN4V
12-24-2007, 11:37 AM
When I look at a boating web site I assume it represents their sport. When I look at the APBA V & H web site I see that the title is http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/.

How does this represent OPC, Offshore, Stock Outboard, Modified Outboard, Pro Outboard (Alky) and more?
Since when was a Offshore boat called a HYDROPLANE?

What I'm getting at is, we all know that the V & H division as it is right now is run by the Inboarders of APBA and the web site shows it plain as day. And they show no interest in OPC, Offshore or any other division but Inboard.
So I believe it is in our best interest to start our own division in the V & H.
It doesn't have to be called OPC, it could be called Outboard so it would include the other outboard divisions (stock, mod and alky). Do you know how many old stocks and alkys are out there? Alot!!

I'm still working on my projects no matter what happens and will support the end result.
Mark N

MN4V
12-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Merry Christmas John!! I hope Santa brings me those Mercury's I've been wishing for!!!
Mark

Bruce Washburn
12-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Rapid Gator: SST 45 is on the schedule for OPC

MN4v: Vintage is what we make it. It has been mainly comprised of inboard boats. I have had a few conversations with the Vintage Division folks and OUTBOARDS are WELCOME. The guys that run the Division are interested in seeing the outboard part of the division grow. The bottom line is that we need to get the folks with equipment to dust it off, get it out of the garage, and to the events. The more outboards that participate the bigger part of the show and web sites will be devoted to Outboards. Chattahoochee is open to all APBA Vintage race boats. Last year Chattahoochee was the first APBA Vintage event to be held in Region 5.

In addition to Vintage we will also have races for OPC 45, 60, 120, Mod U, Super sport, and SLT. Vintage is part of the program and we are hoping to have some great Vintage and Vintage OPC boats as part of the program
Bruce

brichter
02-05-2008, 08:23 AM

Kim, I can't wait till spring to see these......please post some pics now!

Zonkercraft
02-05-2008, 08:50 AM
The Vintage & Historic Group now has the OPC Catagory!
This will operate within the Vintage & Historic Group, but will have their own operating criteria. There will be specifc things that we will be looking to accomplish within this group. Things that will help, and promote OPC Vintage boats!
SO NOW IS THE TIME TO STEP FORWARD!!! WITH YOUR PRIDE, YOUR SUPPORT, AND YOUR BOAT!
Get it out of the shed, barn, storage area, in-laws garage, backyard! Clean it off, and GET TO CHATTAHOOCHEE!!!!
This is real,...this is going to happen,...and this is going to be FUN!
Let's hear from you....who's going to participate!
Step it UP!

Zonkercraft
Vintageopcracing@aol.com

Zonkercraft
02-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Step up NOW,, no time to waste !

John NEEDS to get this information ASAP! Your log book will be very important, as it will document you & your boat's history!

C'mon guys, PLEASE don't wait for the last minute! Let's hear from you now!

Please contact John, or myself with any questions or request! This is what we have all worked soooo hard for! Your participation is VERY important now!

Let's GET IT ON!!!!!!

Zonkercraft
Vintageopcracing@aol.com

rnelems
02-06-2008, 05:19 PM
We will be driving down to see everything.Will tow down our 1968 Switzer Shooting Star/Merc 1250/super speedmaster for the static display. Could make an exibition run except no foot throttle would eliminate that I guess.

Zonkercraft
02-06-2008, 05:39 PM
We will be driving down to see everything.Will tow down our 1968 Switzer Shooting Star/Merc 1250/super speedmaster for the static display. Could make an exibition run except no foot throttle would eliminate that I guess.

THANKS!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you there. Your hand throttle will be just fine if you have a kill switch, which is required. I would have a shockcord return on the throttle, if it was my choice.
Thanks for your reply

Zonkercraft
Vintageopcracing@aol.com

rnelems
02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
That will work,since I have no shifter,shouldn't take a very strong cord to pull throttle back. Thanks for the suggestion,makes sense,and I have a kill switch of course. Looking forward to seeing everything. Saw Kim Cleckler last week,he is bringing some exciting stuff.

PARKER RABE
02-06-2008, 09:13 PM
this sounds great !

Zonkercraft
02-06-2008, 10:06 PM
That will work,since I have no shifter,shouldn't take a very strong cord to pull throttle back. Thanks for the suggestion,makes sense,and I have a kill switch of course. Looking forward to seeing everything. Saw Kim Cleckler last week,he is bringing some exciting stuff.

That's GREAT! Perfect!
It will be a great show! With everybody's help..it will be a GREAT show!
Thanks! Hope to see Kim's stuff there!
Thanks,

Zonkercraft
Vintageopcracing@aol.com

MN4V
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I need the names of those who are or will register with the APBA Vintage and Historic Division in region 5. Will be sending out log books that will stay with your boat event to event.....

Remember you must be an APBA Member to participate. Get this info to me now and I may have your book for Chattahoochee.

Step up NOW,, no time to waste !

John Sherlock
sportj284@comcast.net
850 541 2932

So what's this log book thing. Does it show what port we've been in or what port we've been drinking??
Mark

Zonkercraft
02-07-2008, 10:49 PM
So what's this log book thing. Does it show what port we've been in or what port we've been drinking??
Mark

Hey Mark,
I don't care for port...I like diet Coke!

Sorry...it was just there...couldn't help myself

Zonkercraft
Vintageopcracing@aol.com

MN4V
02-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Yep, my port's called Moosehead!! It's right next to MGD point!!
Mark

Zonkercraft
02-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Yep, my port's called Moosehead!! It's right next to MGD point!!
Mark

And late at night, in Old Milwaukee...you watch the Bud Light's.. dreamin' about Boston Lauger????

gittin' bad now

Zonkercraft
Vintageopcracing@aol.com

MN4V
02-07-2008, 11:04 PM
But I could be pulling up to Goose Island and dreaming about Moosehead!!!
Better put that down in my log book!!
Mark

Zonkercraft
02-07-2008, 11:08 PM
But I could be pulling up to Goose Island and dreaming about Moosehead!!!
Better put that down in my log book!!
Mark

YOU WIN!!!!! ...the BIG BUCK!

Zonkercraft

MN4V
02-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Does this go in my log book?
Mark N

PARKER RABE
02-08-2008, 05:31 PM
i may be comming with bill joule #38 , hes making his come back in champ class , and this would be a great place start.

spn#43
02-09-2008, 08:48 AM
i may be comming with bill joule #38 , hes making his come back in champ class , and this would be a great place start.

Thats great news, you guys should get to a Lakeland race first.