PDA

View Full Version : livewell construction

JIMK
06-07-2002, 12:20 PM
i posted this in the tech area by mistake. i have a 16ft. glastron tri-hull and up front where the seats would be,the seats are missing so i thought about making them livewells, i am planning on 3/4 plywood up front with a pedastal mount seat to fish from but would like to make the underseat compartments a live well. any ideas?

Techno
06-09-2002, 11:07 AM
There was something that bothered me about this idea but couldn't place my finger on it. I figure the 3/4" is way more than you need for seats.
Why not seperate the 2 and build seats only as strong as needed, then build tanks, or buy some kind of tank and do it that way. Although fuel tanks are $$$ maybe some farm and garden center has a tank that will work.
Water is 64lbs per cubic foot so it adds up quick. A lot of weight up front. And would you use the livewell???

JIMK
06-09-2002, 04:29 PM
techno, good points first the plywood deal, the front is U shaped and no support in the middle where i want the seat. i got the plywood today and it is more like 5/8 thick. i may still have to put a pedastal under the seat and plywood to the floor for more support. i weigh in at 205 don't want to wind up on my back fighting the big ones:) the tank deal i think you are right it maybe more than what it is worth besides a stringer in only about .79;) thanks for your reply.

H2Onut
06-09-2002, 05:38 PM
Easy livewell solotion

5 gal bucket (cheap)

rulel 300 gph pump (cheap)

Pvc pipe (cheap)

2 water dishcharge fittings 1 = 1/2 inc 1 = 1 inch

take bildge pump and 6 ft of hose, attach bildge pum 1/2 hose and pipe it to bucket

take other discharge 1 inche an st it 2 inche above feed line

Throw bildge overboard in water turn on pump, ther you have a recirculatin livewell

they sell these deals for about 60.00

make one for about 10.00