PDA

View Full Version : Generic Host ???

Forkin' Crazy
12-11-2007, 07:47 AM
I get this message every once and a while, and it switches back to a older version of exporer. I hate microsoft!!! :mad:

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I restart and it might do it next time I get online, or it might not do it for a day or two.

Scream And Fly
12-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Paul, what do you mean by an older version - do you mean Internet Explorer?

pyro
12-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Windows and Explorer are a joke. Listen to this crazy sh**:

One computer at work ignores the enter key in text fields, like search boxes. You MUST "click" the search or submit button. If you click it, it will also ignore the first click. You must click it a second time for something to actually happen.

One other computer has some kind of a stealthy spyware virus that hijacks Yahoo or Google search result pages. The search result previews look normal, but when you click, the page doesn't match the page that it described, you get a "sponsored" shopping page full of links instead. Doesn't matter which one you click, you get some other AD link page instead. If you hit BACK and repeat the search, it works normally and accurately.

Another computer needs to have its network password "renewed" every now and then. Somehow, the password "expires." There isn't any way to change this option that I can find. IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A PASSWORD, we just leave it blank and hit Enter, but somehow it requires us to update a password that doesn't exist.

My Dell laptop takes a while to "wake up" when I open the lid. The screen actually stays dark during this time, then a minute later, it comes to life and lights up. The longer I leave it in standby with the lid shut, the longer it takes to wake up.
Let it sleep overnight=30 seconds to wake up.
Let it sleep all week = over a minute to wake up.
It also has a touch pad that randomly grabs the cursor, moves it, and clicks it, thus screwing up my typing or closing the window I'm working on if it lands on the corner "X".

Using the percent symbol freezes the S&F forum "quick reply" box, but doesn't affect the "go advanced" reply box.

S&F Private Message pop-up notifications have not worked for almost two years, on both my laptop, AND the computers at work, even with the pop-blockers turned off entirely, no matter the settings. Now I use e-mail notification instead.

Computers: They should call 'em personal CONFUSERS.

Forkin' Crazy
12-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Paul, what do you mean by an older version - do you mean Internet Explorer?

Yea, Greg. Sorry for the late reply. I hasn't done it in a while. This laptop (Inspiron 8200) is old and acting buggy. I have a new machine coming and I'll be able to send this one off to have a tune up done!

Thanks.

Forkin' Crazy
12-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Using the percent symbol freezes the S&F forum "quick reply" box, but doesn't affect the "go advanced" reply box.

S&F Private Message pop-up notifications have not worked for almost two years, on both my laptop, AND the computers at work, even with the pop-blockers turned off entirely, no matter the settings. Now I use e-mail notification instead.

Computers: They should call 'em personal CONFUSERS.

Mine does that too... so I just go advanced anyway.

I need to turn on the PM email option. :)

Forkin' Crazy
12-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Now this is different. My Belkin wireless utility shows me to NOT have an online connection. So does the little icon in lower tool bar. But clearly I am online... I think. LOL!!! ;)