PDA

View Full Version : Nitro motor

Richard
12-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Ok, since the ice is on the pond, I've switched gears a bit and bought a Traxxas Jato withe the 3.3 nitro motor. I don't have much experience with nitro since my boats are electric. I fired it for the first time and it ran fine for a minute and then the motor took off like I'd given it full throttle. I hadn't touched a thing on the controller . the only way I could shut it off was by holding my finger over the carb. What did I do wrong? Carb mixture settings?

SatisfAction
12-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Sounds like it might have gone lean. Did the servo move and open the carb throat? Sometimes in populated areas the servos get sporatic movement from other radio frequencies. That thing should have come with a manual on how to set the fuel mixture. Generally you will turn the needle clockwise until it stops *CLOSED* Then open it 3 or 4 turns and adjust from there. On my O.S. plane engines I adjust the carbs while at full throttle so you may have to do the same.. Just be certain that it isn't running lean. Hope this helps.

Richard
12-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I checked the factor specs on the carb before I started it. Didn't really pay too much attention to the throttle servo, but you could be right on that one. I did notice that once it was running it was dumping a lot of oil out of the exhaust. Thanks.

Richard
12-10-2007, 09:39 AM
I think the problem was as simple as the steering channel on the controller was on channel 1 and the throttle, somehow, was moved to channel 2. I gotta check it out tonight. If that's all it was...i'm an idiot!!

moparbarn
12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
richard, steering is supposed to be on ch. 1, and throttle on 2. i have a revo 3.3 and a jato 3.3, if you still need help, pm me your phone #.

later,
robin stebbins