PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera replacement....

JustMercMe
12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Had a lil Nikon Coolpix camera for a......well lets say its close to a digital antique. Looked at buying a Canon Powershot S5 IS to replace it and was wondering if any of you guys have any input on the performance or if theres anything out there better in the same price range of this thing. Basically gonna be using it lightly....just a couple of gathering pics here and there.....Maybe family events.

Thanks guys!

Hottrucks
12-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Ive been looking at this one
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146211&goto=newpost

I like the 10X zoom work well for getting a fuller frame with out using dig. zoom it maybe a gift for the other half...everything I read say's it's great for it's size

theoldwizard
12-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Had a lil Nikon Coolpix camera for a......well lets say its close to a digital antique. Looked at buying a Canon Powershot S5 IS to replace it
I love my S2 IS ! Big enough for some one with "fat hands" to grab on to and the Image Stabilization really helps.

See if you can find a closeout on an S3. You could save a bundle.

hsbob
12-04-2007, 04:54 PM
its hard to go wrong if you stay to canon, nikon, olympus and some others. the biggest issue is the shutter lag time. that the time between when you push the button and when it takes the picture. try the camera out with that in mind. you can per=set the camera but that a stop gap fix.

JustMercMe
12-04-2007, 05:42 PM
I love my S2 IS ! Big enough for some one with "fat hands" to grab on to and the Image Stabilization really helps.

See if you can find a closeout on an S3. You could save a bundle.

Looked at a couple of S3's but nobody around here wants to come to much off of the price for the difference. It seems to me the S5 is it's replacement with a couple of add on's. Love the 10x zoom and the way it feels in my hand!

Hottrucks, That also looks like a nice one, I'm gonna check on that one as well.

hsbob
12-05-2007, 10:44 AM
check out the olympus with the 14x supper zoom. i've had 4 olympus camera before i went slr and they yeilded good pics. the older loympus super zoom were in high demand until everyone else started making them.