PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3K 7.2MP HELP GREG!!!!

Hottrucks
11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3K 7.2MP 3" LCD 10x Optical Zoom Digital Camera

http://shop.bjs.com/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-TZ3K-7-2MP-3--34--LCD-10x-Optical-Zoom-Digital-Camera-Cameras_stcVVproductId22945271VVcatId481643VVviewprod.htm

I saw this walking into the store the other day and thought it might make a good gift ( since like Greg and about a week earlyer My old stuff was stolen)
I real want a point and shoot for quick event shooting
I have come to realize I Need 10 X optical Zoom
I love the size of this thing ....

<LI type=disc>Dimensions: 1.5"l x 4.2"w x 2.4"h <LI type=disc>Weight: 0.5 lb.

What do you think???
http://bjs-content.vcommerce.com/products/fullsize/271/22945271.jpg

thanx Jeff

hsbob
11-29-2007, 11:19 AM
if its like the bigger brother i will be a good point and shoot. the lens form leica are equal to or better than nikon and canon. be sure to check the shutter lag time and be prepared to ajust for it. this review states a low lag. but try it before you buy.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/TZ3/TZ3A.HTM

Scream And Fly
11-30-2007, 05:28 PM
I honestly don't know much about the Panasonic cameras, but a 10X zoom is a heck of a lot of reach from such a small camera. Looks like it's worth looking into.

Hottrucks
11-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I honestly don't know much about the Panasonic cameras, but a 10X zoom is a heck of a lot of reach from such a small camera. Looks like it's worth looking into.

Thanx Greg I figured you would know who to talk to or where I could find some reputable research on it

thanx

gts1
12-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Hey guys not a huge Camera buff but i bought TZ3K and was coming from a high end canon digital and i honestly could not be happier the photos are top notch and clarity would amaze even Greg lol . Great choice give it a try your love it . The wide angle lens is really cool especially in a small point and shoot digital and having that zoom is truly incredible for it's size, it is not too small and feels like you have a camera in your hand lol.:D

johnt
12-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ7, 12X optical zoom. I looked at comparable models from Sony and Cannon. All good cameras for the price range I was looking at for budget extended range zoom cameras. I went with the Panasonic because of the reviews for the Lumix lens. Probably anyone you buy in that price range will be great. Really like the Panasonic tho..

LeeRiverVector
12-01-2007, 11:37 AM
hi geoff i thought you were going to send me video of our run in september at leeriver thanks ken

ress453
12-18-2007, 09:28 PM
I personally like canon

Hottrucks
12-19-2007, 07:52 AM
ok I bought it so lets wait and see.......has a great feel and very user friendly and the small size kicks butt so it will be more likely to go places with me.....was on sale complete out the door $215 I'm going to make it ready for the big day but not play with it till after..It is her's after all.....but I'll see how it does and post some stuff after the holiday...

hsbob
12-19-2007, 12:39 PM
after you use it for a while, start practicing the prefocus featcher. you 1/2 press the shutter release to focus and set lite settings, then press the rest of the way to take a picutre. that way you get around the long shutter lag. the story i tell is the kids jumping off the diving board. without prefocus the picture is taken when they come up out of the water. by prefocus you'll get tham 1/2 to the water. my d1x of d200 will that 4 picutures before they hit the water.

Hottrucks
12-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Ok so far she loves it and has taken a bunch of pics of the dog???? she/we are reading the manual and learning the functions and will keep eveyone posted as we go .............................
I will say I love the SIZE so easy to carry compaired to our old one, both have 10X lens, also the wide angle is great I was cooking a turkey in the kitchen and she could stand at one end and get a full view of the place......Another thing I noticed is the big display screen is nice ( we'll see how it works outside if the sun ever comes out)