PDA

View Full Version : Camera thoughts

BUZZIN' DOZEN
11-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey Greg, I know your into the high end stuff, but any advice on a digital camera in the $3-400 range thats relatively small? We have a Kodak DX7590 I think it takes great pictures, but the wife wants one that takes pics as soon as you hit the button, ours has a pretty good delay unless you have the button pre-loaded, but you can't always be doin' that.

She's going to a Bon Jovi concert:rolleyes: and dosen't want to miss that "Kodak Moment"

Thanks, Jeff

Scream And Fly
11-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Jeff, I would go with any of the Canon G-series Powershot models, or the Nikon P5000 or P5100.

Greg

hsbob
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM
i think you'll find the g7 to have the same type of shutter lag that you presently have. look here
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/G7/G7A.HTM para starting.

Out of reach of children. This combined shutter/LCD lag means that the Canon G7 is also not the best choice for photographing kids on the move

look over the canon, nikon, olympus and pansonics in this web site. they list the shutter lags for most camera. you'll find most point and shoot cameras have slow shutter lags. with the gkids diving off a diveing board her camera took the picture after they came up for air. that nikon slr took 5 pictures before they broke water. look around some local camera shop for a used d100 or camon counter part. i had a d100 i finally gave to the daugher in law. bought used for 400.

a Continual Focus option will also help.

pyro
11-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Canon Powershot SD1000. $200-250. Fastest pocket-size cam I've ever treid out. Save the extra money for boat gas.

BUZZIN' DOZEN
11-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks guys!