PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Irok10
10-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I bought a boat off here alittle while ago and the guy and his buddy lied through there teeth about the boat $4000 dollars later the boat is finally safe to put back in the water.Do i tell there names and handles they use on here and let other buyers know to beware or consider a lesson learned?

Frank Molé
10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
I bought a boat off here alittle while ago and the guy and his buddy lied through there teeth about the boat $4000 dollars later the boat is finally safe to put back in the water.Do i tell there names and handles they use on here and let other buyers know to beware or consider a lesson learned?

first fill in your profile:eek: then the zhit:eek:

Riverratt
11-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Tell us your version of the story then we will decide if you should come out with the names. What kind of work was needed for $4000.00? Need more details about kind of boat etc...

Hottrucks
11-06-2007, 09:28 AM
$4000 seems like what ever you missed when you looked the boat over Must have been pretty large......
that being said if they lied about it then that's another story but I still think a better inspection could have saved you some BIG $$$$ or got you a better deal on the boat.....
Sorry dude it's still buyer beware but tell us more beforew youdrag someone out by name

Irok10
11-29-2009, 09:39 PM
I never saw the boat till it was delivered to my door. I went with the pictures and the guys word.Funny no picture of the big tear in the bottom of the boat..Boat wouldnt stay running due to a plugged fuel system.Funny never mentioned when he told me how good it ran,lower unit junk.once again never mentioned,wiring and gauges nothing worked,told everythingworked just fine,was completely rewired 6 months before i bought it.Trailer junk was almost rusted in half,told it might need a fender there was surface rust...pictures showed no frame rust on the trailer shall i keep going...lol!!!! i guess i should of went and looked at it in person and not trusted,to bad a person cant be taken at his word anymore...I learned my lesson...but i also have one of the nicest Allisons in captivity and wouldnt trade her the world now shes like brand new after a small fortune and some tender love and care

specboatops
01-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Fast forward a year and a half and Randy has 1 bad to the bone XB2002 :thumbsup::thumbsup: sometimes ya just gotta see things threw buddy !

Chris

Irok10
01-20-2010, 09:41 PM
And Chris has a new 25' boat .and a whole new group of friends...while his old buddies sit up stream hoping they dont come swamp um:eek:

Irok10
01-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Im thinking the Gambler is going to do ok this yr with its new transom..It did good when it was broke...Im thinking were all still going to have our hands full..Hey theres a Allison for sale with a 15" mid just like mine..in the under 20' boats that the section just before the 25' boats....lol

WILDMAN
01-20-2010, 11:49 PM
I always figuer you can never buy a boat without looking at it first unless it's a steal or pretty new.

specboatops
01-21-2010, 06:33 AM
I always figuer you can never buy a boat without looking at it first unless it's a steal or pretty new.

I can't stop thinking of that Talon of yours, you're causing me to lose sleep, day dream at work, and pretty much ignore the misses;) I just think that is 1 hot rig, loved the video I watched ( though I did see the porposing you mentioned) but that tunnel tab appeared to clear that right up. IF I wasmore sure of this stupid economy I'd be sleeping in your driveway right now waiting for you to wake up so we could do the deal..............really like and want that one......

Chris

specboatops
01-21-2010, 06:35 AM
And Chris has a new 25' boat .and a whole new group of friends...while his old buddies sit up stream hoping they dont come swamp um:eek:

...I Wish ( I'm happy with the current group of friends though) that boat would be SOOOOO cool to have.......and I'd only swamp ya once or twice :eek:;):thumbsup:

Chris

WILDMAN
01-21-2010, 10:43 AM
I can't stop thinking of that Talon of yours, you're causing me to lose sleep, day dream at work, and pretty much ignore the misses;) I just think that is 1 hot rig, loved the video I watched ( though I did see the porposing you mentioned) but that tunnel tab appeared to clear that right up. IF I wasmore sure of this stupid economy I'd be sleeping in your driveway right now waiting for you to wake up so we could do the deal..............really like and want that one......

Chris

One thing about this boat with everything being new is that you could sell it in a few years for what you paid for it. Just buy it!

specboatops
01-21-2010, 11:27 AM
One thing about this boat with everything being new is that you could sell it in a few years for what you paid for it. Just buy it!

Randy you have NO Idea how close I am to pulling the trigger, just need to make sure I have all bases covered:thumbsup: I want to use my Gambler as a partial trade....and my Invader IF you had ANY interest. There is a Video of the Invader and Gambler on here to view as well, Both are in Excellent shape, Gambler runs 90.8 on GPS and the Invader 77.2.......

Chris

specboatops
01-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Im thinking the Gambler is going to do ok this yr with its new transom..It did good when it was broke...Im thinking were all still going to have our hands full..Hey theres a Allison for sale with a 15" mid just like mine..in the under 20' boats that the section just before the 25' boats....lol

You need to post some Pictures of before and after with all that you're doing so the guys on here and see how much work you've put into that bad boy......

Chris