PDA

View Full Version : Musicians Attending Rumble???

Pages : [1] 2 3

AnthonySS
05-30-2002, 12:15 PM
OK we have been talking about putting that Band

"Fast Company" :D

Together for the Rumble,

So if interested, Post what you play or if you sing, and what you would bring (like accoustic or electric)!!

And maybe some songs you like to play or could even lead...

Keep it simple and yet good guys...

Here is Couple good Jam Songs:

Rocky Mountain Way,
Sweet Home...
Wish You Were Here...
R-O-C-K in the USA

FOR the Ladies:

Wonderful Tonight

For the Jesus Freaks....I'll Bring some Praise and Worship Charts too!!!

...just some thoughts...lets here some more

I play Guitar...mostly rhythm (Electric 6 and Accoustic 12)

halveb
05-30-2002, 03:31 PM
As I put in the other post I am willing to bring my PA which includes a 16 channel mixer (with 6 XLR inputs) two amps one 300 and one 500 watts, 32 channel EQ, cheapo vocal effects processor, Active Crossover, 2 15" bass bottoms, and 2 mid/tweeter speakers. Don't let the equipment fool you I have way more money than talent (not that I'm rich I just have very little talent).

I like the start Anthony got on the songs, sounds like we have similar taste in music. Here are a few of the songs I am pretty familiar with:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Mary Had a Little Lamb
Creedance Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary, Have You Ever Seen The Rain, Who'll Stop The Rain (I hope we don't need those last 2)
Marshall Tucker - 24 Hours At A Time

I am willing to learn anything given enough time and I think that there will be plenty of people so we should be able to get together quite a show.

I may also suggest that we can do some 12 bar blues for those with good lead playing skills to show off. We may want to limit this as not guitar types easily bore of guitar olympics. :D Just a thought.

Lets here it guys and girls. :p Who sings??? Who plays bass? Woodco on drums right? Do we have drums?

AnthonySS
05-31-2002, 07:26 AM
GREAT HALVEB,

I would agree on any music too...trust me I have had to play all music types...even Disco:eek:

But Hey...

"Good Music...is Good Music"

again X-cellent on the PA...You got room to bring it!!

OK lets here from the rest of you...

Comom Greg...Skip, Laker, Woodco etc...

How bout the ladies...I nice Female voice is always nice to have

...anyone do keys????

H2Onut
05-31-2002, 08:30 AM
Play some MOTOWN !

foot tappin music

Scream And Fly
05-31-2002, 09:42 AM
Let's get a band together for the Rumble... Gary said it's cool. I know SKIP can play the guitar. Anthony, will you be attending too???

Drummers?

Greg

Boaterbum
05-31-2002, 10:25 AM
Hmmm, sounds like it'd be a blast to watch and listen, as for me, I have a stereo in the boat, and when alone and bored,, I singt o myself!!! hahaha I am far to stage shy to do that singing and playing stuff, Oh well... I might have to get into the whole Guitar bit soon though, maybe I could pick up on it!
:D

halveb
05-31-2002, 10:30 AM
It is never too late and we can always blindfold ya then let ya sing. You'll never know anyone is there. It is all in fun and I think there is some serious talent to be tapped.

I hope it all comes together. This looks to be one seriously fun weekend.

AnthonySS
05-31-2002, 10:58 AM
...Yes SS in in mighty hopes of attending regardless of no Boat and no money....

...but that is OK....I'm praying I will be able to attend with my Wife too!!!

It will be a God Story to tell all if it all comes together..

Oh yeah...my Truck needs a new Tranny too!!!:)

Scream And Fly
05-31-2002, 11:19 AM
Anthony, it would be great if you can go!

Skip, you better come too!

Okay, what will be the band lineup?

Greg

Boaterbum
05-31-2002, 11:25 AM
Maybe that will work Bob!!!!!!!! hahaha
We'll see.....:D

AnthonySS
05-31-2002, 12:10 PM
GREG,

List some songs you could teach us quickly...

You know some of that Metal Stuff...

You know I really like that stuff!!!

Are you mostly lead guitar or do you favour Rythm.

..I am certainly up for the Rythm player.

Laker bring that acoustic...I will probably bring mine as well as an electric

Scream And Fly
05-31-2002, 01:16 PM
Hey Anthony,

I can do whatever you all need done – just let me know. As for songs, that’s all cool too. I love the metal stuff too. I can play either parts – leads or rhythms. I’ve always been a lead player, but playing rhythms is great too.

I guess we can all pick the songs – we should throw a simple one in there too, like Guns N’ Roses version of Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door or something like that. If you want, you can just pick whatever songs you all like, and I can write down the guitar tab to them – rhythm or lead.

Skip, what do you think?

Let’s do it!

Greg

halveb
05-31-2002, 01:54 PM
From doing a search on musicians I have come up with the following:

Anthony SS - Guitar
Greg Terzian - Guitar
Skip Talon 2.5 - Guitar
Sam Baker - Guitar
MTCM - Guitar
BoatGoFaster - Can't recall maybe keyboards
RiverRacer280SS - Guitar
Woodco - Drums
Damage Inc. - Drums
Kathy - Vocals

I sounds like Greg is a seasoned professional and that Anthony gigs on a regular basis and Skip is also talented. I'm not even sure if some of the others I have listed are still on the board or interested. We seem to be missing a bass player or two and as many vocalists as can be mustered. I would be willing to try and learn a few bass parts although I have never played bass so it would be new to me.

Perhaps if we come up with a set of songs (10 to 15) and have people sign-up if they are interested in a particular song to do a particular part then the songs where we have all the personnel are the one's that get done. I don't know if there is anyway we could automate this and put it on the site but that would make it much easier.

We also should figure out who has what equipment and what they are willing to bring. Any suggestions?

Scream And Fly
05-31-2002, 02:08 PM
I miss those days... Some people here already know, I played with Warrant as a fill-in and with the LA Guns too. How's that for a little Scream And Fly trivia! Yup, Greg was a rocker. I still have the guitars, stacks, and all the fun stuff.

I can bring amps, mics, cables, pedals - anything that guitar players would need - even guitars.

I think we should play one old-school Metallica song - and have GARY sing it! LOL!!!

That would be the best.

Greg

LaserModVee
05-31-2002, 03:13 PM
I can bring amps, mics, cables, pedals - anything that guitar players would need - even guitars

Forget that Greg!!!

BRING THE GROUPIES!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Gary singing?!?!? OMG!!! What a mess!!!

Seriously guys-
This sounds like a great idea!! I'm looking forward to hearing some live tunes with some cold beverages at the Rumble. I am also looking forward to throwing tomatoes at Gary when he starts singing.

Damage Inc
05-31-2002, 05:00 PM
I just got a whole new respect for you Greg!! Warrant and LA Guns!! That kicks ass! I managed a music store back in those days and had the opportunity to meet alot of bands. Warrant was one of them. Very nice guys. The wife cringes everytime I mention the "long hair" days!!!:D Oh, well.

I no longer have a kit and have not played in years, but if no one else can play, I'll do my best not to embarrass myself (or anyone else). Wonder if I can rent a kit in Carrollton?

My vote for old Metallica

4 Horsemen or Am I Evil?

Don't ask me to play any double bass - I know I am WAY to outta practice for that!!:eek: :D

AnthonySS
05-31-2002, 08:24 PM
MAN...

You have done your homework...

Your a shoe in for being our Manager...You never know this could be BIG...

...Some Race Promoters are going to want us to Gig at all thier races and poker runs across America.

We should start looking at tour buses:D

Cool if your willing to play bass...

Ok if we could just get the line up nailed down...then more songs...how bout some water/boat related toons

Black Water - Doobies...Need fiddle player
I'm Your Captain / Closer to Home - Grand Funk
Sailing Ships - Whitesnake
No One at the Bridge - Rush
Proud Mary---LIKE YOU SAID

Party Toons

Satifaction = Stones
RocknRoll All Nite - Kiss
Take it Easy - Eagles (its a girl my Lord....
Sweet Child o Mine - GNR

Newer Stuff

Everlong - Foo Fighters
Plush - STP

For the Ladies (Again)

Every Breathe You Take - Police
Two Steps Behind - Leperd

etc/ Ok Lets her more form the rest cause if we agree I will start ding up charts and Greg can to Tabs for those who read tabs!!

Scream And Fly
05-31-2002, 08:33 PM
Sweet Child O' Mine - whoa, good stuff. That song is easy, so it won't be a problem if you all want to do it.
As for Everlong, we're gonna need a really good drummer for that. Everlong is also tuned to E-standard, Drop-D. Sweet Child O' Mine is tuned to E-flat. We'll have to discuss things like that. Anthony, you need more 80's songs on that list!!! Let's pick songs that ROCK!

If anyone needs me to transcribe any songs, just let me know.

Greg

KaptainKirk
06-01-2002, 01:17 AM
I LIKE YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC !!

Talon2.5
06-01-2002, 08:32 AM
oh man looks like i stumbled onto a thread with my name in it

well gents, as far as my talent goes i have always done it to entertain myself, never played with a band and liked coming up with my own stuff so i never learned anyone elses music and i was wrong for doing it that way!!

greg and anthonyss are your guitar men!! if ya throw me in there make sure my amp is turned all the way down :D

shorepounder and i have played a few songs together that we have done ourselves but like i said i have only been playing around with it for my own entertainment

if you have something to play and need a low volume rythm backup boy i guess i could pull that off but dont be mad at me :D

ive had fun at parties over the years with my guitar and someone with a drum kit doing some improv stuff but thats the extent of it :rolleyes:

i look back at the years when i had ample time to learn the guitar and didnt and kick myself for not diving in head first and learning all i could, now my butt belongs to the local paper and life is rough to find free time, i usually have a few bud lights on that free time and shorepounder can tell ya.....i'm no good at learning in that condition :D

i did however download the eagles take it easy from wholenote.com and started playing with that and really wish i could do the G&R version of knocking on heavens door i remember listening to that on the radio in the 80's when my dad was dying but i think i would mess it up anyway :rolleyes:

greg if i lived by you i would drop outa sight for a year and drive you nuts teaching me to play these darn guitars!!!

Scream And Fly
06-01-2002, 08:56 AM
That's a great song - actually, all of the songs from Kill 'Em All were great. Ride The Lightning was awesome too. That's all great stuff. If you guys want to play any Metallica, that's no problem. Stuff like Guns N' Roses is more my speed, but I love it all.

Skip, Knockin' On Heaven's Door is one of the easiest songs in the world to play - it's literally 3-chord rock. If you want to learn it, just let me know. Of all the GnR songs, the hardest one to play is Locomotive. It's harder than it sounds, but then again, GnR never played that live. One of my bands used to cover a lot of GnR songs, and Civil War was my favorite to play. I always loved playing that E-flat pentatonic wah solo.

I'm a glam rocker at heart though - love that stuff! Yeah, you know it - Poison, Warrant, Skid Row - cooool!!!

Okay, back to reality... It's 2002 now...

Greg

Talon2.5
06-01-2002, 09:05 AM
greg what 3 chords are they on the G&R??

skid row!!! they call us problem child we spend our lives on trial, yep thats me with my family :rolleyes:

Talon2.5
06-01-2002, 09:16 AM
found itSong goes like this:

Intro:
Twice with picking G5 D C
Twice just power chords G5 D C

Verse 1 (with picking)
G5 D Am
Mamma take this badge from me
G5 D C
I can't use it anymore
G5 D Am
It's getting dark, too dark to see
G5 D C
Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door

Chorus (if you're really concerned about playing it like the
CD, listen to it for rhythm. But this song has been done by so
many people so differently that you might as well give it your own
feel.)
G5 D5 C5
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door,
C5
Hey, hey, hey, hey, yeah
G5 D5 C5
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door,
C5
(no lyrics)
G5 D5 C5
Ooh, knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
C5
Ooh yeah
G5 D5 C5
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
C5
Hey, hey, hey, hey, yeah

Scream And Fly
06-01-2002, 01:12 PM
Skip,

That's essentially it. It's a very, very easy song. Come on, I know you wanna play it at the Rumble. I can do all the other parts if you want.

We have to all pick songs to play that we can pull off with no rehearsal time. That song is a prime example. This will be wayyyy cool.

Greg

H2Onut
06-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Jimmy Buffet --- Boat Drinks, Pirate looks at 40, RaG Top Day

Mustang sally.....Motor City Madhouse....

CSNY - Souther Cross

train kept a rollin... J Giles I DO ,

Land of a thousand dances

Montrose...Bad Motor Scooter....Rock the Nation, Good Rockin Tonight

van Halen -- Where have all the good times gone...Ice cream man.....

BOC Godzilla .

Rickracer
06-01-2002, 05:59 PM
Not sure of the name of the song, but it goes Boop boop, out go the lights....:cool:

H2Onut
06-01-2002, 06:04 PM
PAt Travis Band

Also BOj Jove...dead or alice aoustic

Black sabbath Supernaut

Bluse Brothers ... Everybody.... I need you

KISS, Rock all night part t every day, Firehouse, Strutter

REO ...like you do

halveb
06-01-2002, 06:51 PM
I think we have created a monster here!!! :D

I still haven't heard who is gonna sing all these songs. Anthony, just remember I said I would try to play bass. I don't currently play bass or even own one.

We have to organize this or it will fall apart big time (although it will be fun no matter what). I think Greg has the right idea by using simple songs that will take no rehearsal.

I will brain storm and see if I can come up with some sort of way to organize this but right now I guess just keep throwing songs up there. At some point we'll start assigning parts to various people based on their knowledge of the song, etc.

We are gonna need singers though. I don't care if you are Slim Whitman or Eeric Clapton (we can't be fussy). :D :D :D

Also any real bass players please speak up as I have never played bass and having someone who has done it before would be great. I am a six string guy but unfortunately so is everyone else.

ShorePounder
06-01-2002, 08:04 PM
Skip showed me how to play Knockin On Heaven's Door today. Damn it really is that easy!!

I'd love to get in on the "All Star Jam", but I won't be able to attend. somebody better roll some tape, and I ain't talking about the kind that's sticky on one side.

I can play drums, a little bass, and I can get my guitars to make noises similar to the ones I hear on the radio. :D :D

H2Onut
06-01-2002, 08:46 PM
She talks to Angels ...Black Crows

Bob Seger ...... back in 72

Frank (my hero) Zappa...Cocaine decisions

Peter Frampton...Penny for your thoughts. I want to go to the sun

Poor porr pitiful me.....

Sum41 ...fatlip

Black Flag

Husker Du

Butthole Surfers

Generation X

Dead kennedy's

Talon2.5
06-02-2002, 06:21 AM
hey pounder, i showed you????????? well that sounds good and all, BUT, i think it was the other way around!! ;)

Scream And Fly
06-02-2002, 10:02 AM
Skip, you're a rocker!!! Come on man, let's get you plugged into a full stack. Oh, come on, you know you want to....

Greg

Talon2.5
06-02-2002, 02:11 PM
yea greg i want to but i dont know the songs but will practice heavens door ;)

halveb
06-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Anthony, Skip, Greg, Damage Inc. do any of you guys sing? I have seen it before where we attempt to do something like this without vocals and it degenerates. Don't be modest. If you can open your mouth and are willing to take a little abuse you can probably sing.

I am picking on you guys since you seem to be responding to this post the most. I see Woodco also indicated he drums but I haven't seen him post anything on this thread yet.

Kathy of Scott and Kathy in a thread about a year ago said Scott played keyboards and she liked to sing. We may need to add some songs for women to sing like Fleetwood Mac, Heart, or whatever Kathy wants to sing. Lets hear from the vocalists!!!

I am compiling a list of songs that I think Led Zepplin would have a hard time covering so I think once I get a good list I'll run it by Greg and have him parse it for the easiest songs. I just know that songs like G-L-O-R-I-A Gloria are easy to play and sing so they work good in these impromptu band situations. Stairway to Heaven gets a little complicated to pull off (though.....never mind).

Laker
06-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Holy crap!!! Lets just forget about the boats...
we can jam all weekend!!!
Is their gonna be a rig setup so we can just bring our guitars and plug in?

kathy
06-03-2002, 11:35 AM
I LOVE to sing.........You guys needs a female singer I WILL BE THERE!!! KEEP THE DRINKS COMING....... GIVE ME THE MIC............ I can sing anything you guys play! ALL NIGHT LONG

AnthonySS
06-03-2002, 11:38 AM
YES...keep the songs easy...

Like you said they work best for these get-togethers here are some more suggestions!!

BTW..SS cannot sing and play at the same time!!

White Room
China Grove
I'm 18
Cinnamon Girl
Free Bird
Ramblin Man
Keep On Rockin in the free world
Message in a bottle
Blowin in the Wind

Someone said Mowtown

Sitting at the dock of the Bay
Ain't No Mountain High Enuff

I have Tabs and charts for all the songs I just listed.

GREG list some of the easy metal songs...if you can

YEs where are the SINGERS?

Down tune to D on E is no Problem...

On sweet child...just play in D or Db

Laker
06-03-2002, 11:46 AM
Easy metal songs

you really got me
aint talking bout love
enter sandman
hmmmm
will have to think on this one..:D :D

kathy
06-03-2002, 11:55 AM
Can any of you play Lynyrd Skynyrd......... John Lennon (Imagine).... Beatles........ Rolling Stones.......Train...... the songs I can sing don't necessarily have to be done by a female singer for me to sing.....

AnthonySS
06-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Throw a chart in front of me and I can play most songs after a few passes.

So in other words... if you have the music, I am willing to play most music that is good!!

I have NO problems with chicks belting out guy songs....heck I have heard some chicks sing real good Geddy Lee from Rush...

Oh Yes ....

Lets do some RUSH too!!!

Most of thier stuff from the first album is pretty simple

kathy
06-03-2002, 12:51 PM
Way Cool........ ok you are definitely into the good music..... actually all these guys are..... I don't have the words to all these songs though....... I know most by heart but there are some I don't........ will anyone be bring the words to some of these?? Hell I guess I could fudge some of them once you start drinking anything sounds good! :)

halveb
06-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Kathy glad to hear your gonna do a little singing. Anthony, since you can't sing and play you may have to occaisionally put down the axe (we only have 257 1/2 guitar players...I think I am the 1/2).

Laker, now I am extra disappointed you didn't come to play Memorial Day weekend as we had the guitars out for a little while although it gets hard to play in the rain. We are gonna have a full PA setup and if no one has drums I'll bring an homemade electronic set. They don't play the best but they are easier to pack up and they work.

Get your practising in more to come soon. Greg I think you need to come up with the simple 80's songs. As a forty two year old I never learned them and hence couldn't easily determine which ones are hard and which ones just sound hard.

Anthony, those are excellent suggestions. I like the stuff you apparently know and they are truly easier songs. When is everyone arriving? Maybe we can get together for a couple short rehearsals before the show (I'm guessing that will be Saturday).

AnthonySS
06-03-2002, 01:30 PM
Once we nail down a list of songs...

Most lyrics can be found on the net

HalveB...Send me your email adress too

anthony_santocono@kawneer.com

I will send you and Greg Some Charts and Tabs of songs!!!

halveb
06-03-2002, 02:01 PM
Anthony, My email address is on the way. I have compiled a list of the songs that have been suggested (at least all of them that I could recognize) and if we started now we could get them all down for the 4th annual Rumble on the River he...he...he

I may have talked a bass player friend (who shall remain boatless) to come to the rumble so we will have someone who knows what is going on. I'm not counting on it though.

Kathy, we will make sure we have lyrics that can be read off a sheet (probably in plastic so as not to get wet or blow away). The most difficult part is not knowing where the bridges and leads and so on go. I will try and indicate that so singers who are real familiar with a song can easily wing it.

Once we get the song list whittled down to those that are playable by the Motely Crue (pun intended) that we are putting together, we can listen to those we already have the albums (oophs showing my age) I mean CDs for.:D

Kath
06-03-2002, 02:19 PM
leading isn't a problem for me........ if there are going to be a few singing we would definitely need to practice a little I think..... or we could wing it...... it will go smooth.

Talon2.5
06-03-2002, 03:50 PM
alright!!! sounds great kathy, women singers are great for this stuff!!! you can do it :D they are usually better than male singers in a party type thrown together band like this, you will be what makes it work in my opinion ;)

been practicing the ole guns and roses version of heavens door today, coming along fine

what list of "easy" metal stuffare you thinking of greg? that really is my favorite stuff the 80's metal

i'll keep an eye on this :D

Damage Inc
06-03-2002, 04:06 PM
I've heard of most of these songs, but have never played them. Currently not having a kit makes it hard for me to learn new songs. As long as nobody has a problem with me not hitting every fill, I can keep a beat to anything!

I talked with a friend of mine and he said he might loan me his kit to bring with me. Now all I have to do is finish the 'Burb so I can carry it with me!!

PS - I can NOT sing! Couldn't carry a tune in a 55 gallon drum! Just one more reason I am a drummer. ;) :p

Laker
06-03-2002, 04:09 PM
Ya skip Im totally with you!
Love the 80s stuff.
Ratt, Winger, Firehouse, White lion all of it!
Im also a huge Creed and Sevendust fan

Talon2.5
06-03-2002, 05:43 PM
yep creed is great :D i'm recording a tape for my wife that pounder put together for me sunday at this moment and "nickle back" is on it and i picked up the guitar and said sweety check this out pounder showed me some of this :D wailed on that and another one

i went from bud light to bud then to seagrams 7 due to i ran outa beer :mad:

ive had alot of irritating **** in my daily crap lately and i think i'm ready for the rumble NOW, my work schedual has changed three times since the palatka run and i dont know whether to sleep eat **** or die :rolleyes: my life has gotten very irritating and i need a release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm not bringing a boat to the rumble so i'm up to rehearsing and learning during the day for the night rockin!!

SHOW ME GREG!!!!!!!!

Scream And Fly
06-03-2002, 06:07 PM
I must admit, I'm not much into 70's music, but I'll play anything.

I LOVE the 80's though! Creed rocks - Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Stained, etc - that stuff is great too.

I can suggest many 80's rock songs : )

Skip, I got ya covered on the music buddy.

Greg

Talon2.5
06-03-2002, 06:26 PM
greg while everyones out boating show me what ya wnt me to do during the day and lets do it man!!!!

i have a new agenda for the rumble :D and to be honest i'd rather do this than worry about any boat :eek:

show me greg!! the student is ready!!!

Scream And Fly
06-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Skip,

That sounds like a plan. I will train you, young Jedi. The Force is strong with you.

This will be so great!

Greg

Talon2.5
06-03-2002, 06:39 PM
ok brother lets do it!!!

i am yours to mold, show me, i cant afford to bring the boat and i think that music will be more fun (to me) so your butt better be there to show the junior jedi some stuff bro!!!!

ShorePounder
06-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Y'all are trying your damndest to entice me into going to the Rumble. Fact of the matter is I'll probably be passing some of the southern boys on their way up there. I'll be at National Trails Raceway for the Mopar Nationals Aug 8,9,10,and 11. I don't have any more time to hang out up that way to catch the Rumble before returning home.

I'd just about sell the boat and rent out the wife (or maybe the other way around) :D to figure out a way to do both. This jam session sounds like too much fun to miss. :(

ShorePounder
06-03-2002, 07:11 PM
Pounder's Gear

No the picture's not backwards, they're lefties:D

Talon2.5
06-03-2002, 07:12 PM
ok the seagrams is really kickin in hard so it's time for me to bail out, greg show me how ya want me to do what ya want me to do and we will go for it!!!

are you really gonna come to the rumble???? i sure as hell hope ya do because without ya this "jam session" is shot to hell man!! you have to be the lead guitar because all i know is bar chord rythm and "G" "C" "D" and "A" man!! and not in that particular order hehehe

greg you have to come to the rumble, theres no "MAYBE" you have to be there!!!

i will practice with ya all day to make what songs i can at night work ;) so be sure your there and dont lead me on brother!!

it's time for a vacation greg :D we both need one!!

Talon2.5
06-03-2002, 07:16 PM
ok pounder are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you want to go to the "mopar" deal?

:eek:

ShorePounder
06-03-2002, 07:22 PM
I've already committed. It's a done deal. If I were to try to go at this late stage, I'd be moochin passenger compartment and sleep space from somebody and I ain't sure I want to do that. Y'all get the bugs worked out of it this year, and I'll be there for next year.

:cool:

AnthonySS
06-03-2002, 07:44 PM
X-cellent,

Sounds like Skip is in, Damage is in and Pounder is almost over the Fence...I love it!!

Since I too will be boatless this will give me just what I Need!!

"Better to Rock...then to fade away"

"Rock Hard...Ride Free"

Just Bring on the Music Greg and I will play anything too...

Love all the stuff you mentioned...

Again...lets nail down the list and "FLY"

woodco
06-03-2002, 11:05 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have to put the motas away and start beatin on the drums to get back into the rhythm :eek:

Great selection of tunes used to play them all !!! What about old RUSH ???? Ya know Tom SAwyer....Fly By Night ....Subdivisions ..
???????????? Or the best YYZ !!!! What a drum solo :D

halveb
06-03-2002, 11:16 PM
Aha, I knew we could draw you out. Remember there will be plenty to do for everyone. Glad to see the response. Start banging on those skins cause we're gonna need all the help we can get.

I'm loving it. Boating and jamming my two favorite activities (well almost). :D ;) :D

Skip if you get tired of Greg running you ragged with lessons you can go for a ride in my HST. It ain't the fastest boat around but it will be the warmest (all black with yellow, orange, and red striping). What can I say, in Wisconsin this isn't as much a problem but if I ever moved to Florida I would have to buy a 20 foot long towel to cover the whole damn thing!!!:D :D :D

Talon2.5
06-04-2002, 07:22 AM
ok so who's bringing what?

woodco-drums

skip-acoustic and electric, greg do i need my little amp (so it's low volume and wont be heard )

anthonyss- acoustic and electric?

kathy-vocals!!

halveb-microphones and pa system?

greg-guitars and stacks?

thanks for the offer of the ride in the hst, i think i'm gonna need the practice :eek:

Kath
06-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Hopefully everyone coming to the Rumble is going to be ok with having this music thing happen....... I am totally ready if you guys are serious.......... Music seems to bring people together Boats and music combined is going to be awesome...... the kids coming will have a blast for sure.

Scream And Fly
06-04-2002, 09:27 AM
I am totally serious! I love boats and music - rock and roll and fast boats go very well together!

I'm looking forward to it more than anything!

Greg

P.S. - Skip, the Force is with you.

H2Onut
06-04-2002, 09:32 AM
Play some Ramones....(sedated)

California Sun

Smoke on da water...

I can play those bass lines...been 25 years, thick dust on the Sg-5

Kath
06-04-2002, 09:33 AM
It looks like you are one of the lead guitarist? Am I wrong in thinking that? if that is the case...........YOU BETTER BE THERE! lol Can't come together without a lead.

Sorry just saw......... Skip is the Force!!!!!!! Skip get these guys siked! :)

AnthonySS
06-04-2002, 09:33 AM
My thoughts are we condense a list of about 15-20 songs

Burn them on a CD and distribute them to all the players and singers, alog with charts and tabs for some

This way if we can all learn the songs we can at least build up a solid rythm section.

I think HalveB should head up this whole thing...I can help with putting together charts and maybe Greg can burn a master CD, then someone could make copies and distibute.

We should do this soon!!

Then if we rehearse once on Friday Nite then warm up on Saturday then Gig on Sat Nite.

HalveB has even already wrote a toon for us...you'll love it!!

RUSH...need a syth for Tom Sawyer..

"Fly By Nite" is good with me...our "Closer to the Heart" or maybe my all time Fav..

"XANADU" (RUSH...not Olivia)

SS is bringing an Electric 6 and 12 Acoustic (needs to be miced)

woodco
06-04-2002, 09:41 AM
Did ya hear any of thier new stuff !!!! Definately reminds me of
the older metal sound they had . XANADU !!!!! Awesome tune :cool:

Talon2.5
06-04-2002, 11:09 AM
anthony, excellent idea!!!!

AnthonySS
06-04-2002, 11:15 AM
THNAKS for the support SKIP,

I will call GREG on this soon...see if he can help with the Cd's,

JOE,

I haven't got the New Rush CD yet...I have only heard the first single so far...sounds promising tho...

I'll pic it up on your recommendation!!!

....don't forget those 20 mercs for me...I would like to get one some time this month if it is not too much trouble for you...

...send some pics!! THANKS!!

Talon2.5
06-04-2002, 11:29 AM
so what songs are in the final discussion to be played? i'm getting worried :D

kathy, greg is the lead if i remember right ;) (thats a few pages back)

greg the force thats with me is gravity!! i have gained a pound or two hahahahahaha

i used to have a six pack stomach now it's looking like a keg hehehe

halveb
06-04-2002, 06:01 PM
Above all this is about having fun. Skip I have compiled a lengthy list of songs that were mainly from suggestions of people in this thread. Greg is going to be the leading force for the 80s music and we are going to whittle the list down to 15-20 songs as Anthony has said.

The key here is that the songs are simple and that is what we are primarily looking at as we select things off the list. The we I refer to is Greg, Anthony and myself.

Hopefully we will have the list soon and be able to assign songs based on familiarity, ability, and desire. We will need someone for each part or the song won't fly.

I have also included on the list the songs I think are appropriate for an unplugged jam (less formal more of a campfire type thing).

I think this will happen and be good. Clearly we have some talent here. Lets take advantage of it and give our fellow Scream and Flyers a good show.:) :) :)

Scream And Fly
06-04-2002, 06:18 PM
I have no problem with the lead stuff - that's all cool with me. You don't have to worry about tabs for me - I can even write some, if any of you need it. Basically, whatever guitar parts you all don't want to play, I'll play - it's all cool. We'll all have fun no matter what we play, that's for sure.
I can suggest 80's and 90's rock songs, so I'll try to compile a small list of my picks asap. I'll post it here.
Skip, you'll rock, just like Anthony will. We'll hang out all day Friday if you want and play guitar. I'm itching to use my Les Paul Goldtop for this one too!

Skip, just think of the Screamtoon possibilities!!!

Skip, your Jedi training is not yet complete...

Greg

Talon2.5
06-04-2002, 06:37 PM
i posted some more of my stuff on the sonova gun thread for halveb and the rest to hear, dont tear me up too bad guys on the stuff ive come up with :rolleyes:

Talon2.5
06-05-2002, 03:24 PM
awfull quiet here

song list? dont mean to be a pain but i will need all the time i can get if i will be of any good to you guys :eek: :D

halveb
06-05-2002, 03:59 PM
Give me an email address and I will send you the file that I sent to Anthony which Anthony then sent to Greg.

I here ya buddy this is gonna be some work but it will be worth it. Feel free to add songs that ya may know. Anthony and I tend towards the 70s stuff and I know Greg seems to like the newer stuff. I have no problem learning what everyone wants to hear.

You may be more interested in the stuff Greg adds to the list and I haven't seen Greg's changes yet. There will be plenty for several people to get involved in several songs.

Talon2.5
06-05-2002, 04:15 PM
talon25@kua.net

yes, i like the 80's stuff but someone mentioned china grove that one sounds easy, i dunno e-mail it bro!!! lemme see what you got on there i dont wanna mess this up!!

halveb
06-05-2002, 04:45 PM
You got mail. Don't worry you want mess it up. Do what you can thats all. You'll play better than the pay for sure so what the hell.

Talon2.5
06-05-2002, 05:46 PM
got it, i'll pick some and send it back and see what you guys come up with in the "finals"

30 days in the hole? humble pie? anyone got tab or anything on that? i was looking and dont see it anywhere (for my own entertainment :D )

Scream And Fly
06-05-2002, 05:51 PM
I didn't get mine yet - when I do I'll add my song picks.

Skip, don't worry about a thing - I'll take care of you. You'll be fine. You'll have so much fun brother!

Greg

woodco
06-05-2002, 07:37 PM
........... " Let's Rock " :cool:

H2Onut
06-05-2002, 07:44 PM
Ok 6 stringers...

Marshall Tucker...Cant ya see. that ought to sound good.

ShorePounder
06-05-2002, 07:59 PM
That one I can play!! But ya need a flute.:D

AnthonySS
06-05-2002, 09:02 PM
I'll be posting my 15 songs that I think all we will all be able to play with ease (3-4 chord).

Have them up tommorow...they are from the master list from HalveB.

Mostly medium to slow groove...

...so we will need some more upbeat pics!!

Talon2.5
06-05-2002, 09:19 PM
greg, i forwarded it to ya "rumble song list" to screamandfly@aol.com

woodco did ya get it yet? kathy?

well i'm goig back to work tonight,(was already there at 8 this morning) should be done about 3:30 A.M. and go back in tommorrow, geeeeeeeez i need a vacation

no rest for the weary!!!! sleep? what the hell is that? heard of it but dont get it!!

kathy
06-06-2002, 07:59 AM
I didn't get anything yet......... my email is kathymichelle@joinme.com

Thanks!

Talon2.5
06-06-2002, 08:21 AM
hey kathy, do you have 2 screen names? theres kathy and "kath" both from baltimore one senior member and one junior

do we have the same kathy singing here?

kathy
06-06-2002, 08:27 AM
Talon it's the same person........ I forgot my password so I re-registered! (blonde moment)

Also got a new email address........ sorry if it threw you off.

I just didn't know what you were sending out.

Thanks!

AnthonySS
06-06-2002, 09:26 AM
OK here is my final (I think) 15 Songs. Most have been chosen from the already complied list put together by HalveB. I have added 2 new additions (marked NEW). The list represents songs that I think can be relatively easily played (and sung) or at least they have some easy parts for others to contribute on.

Also I am thinking of songs that will appeal to listeners and get them grooving too. I know it is very 70’s oriented. Your Comments

1. Fly By Nite – Rush
2. Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult
3. I’m 18 - Alice Cooper
4. Keep On Rockin (In the Free World) - Neil Young
5. Knockin on Heaven’s Door - Guns and Roses
6. Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh -
7. R-O-C-K in the USA 1 John Mellencamp
8. Take It Easy - Eagles
9. Time of Your Life – Green Day (new)
10 Turn The Page - Bob Seger
11. Two Steps Behind - Def Lepperd -
12. White Room -Crème
13. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
14. Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
15. Ziggy Stardust – David Bowie (new)

So Lets see your final 15 GANG!!

Scream And Fly
06-06-2002, 09:26 AM
Skip,

I received the list - thank you. How does this work - do I just add my song suggestions to the list and send it around?

Greg

kathy
06-06-2002, 09:52 AM
I am trying to keep up here with what you all know how to play and want to play.......... I think you guys need to compile the list (just a suggestion) and then I can let you know what songs I can sing and maybe if anyone else wants to sing as well. Do any of you sing or do you just play? It would be cool if I could have a male voice sing with me or female and if not that is cool too.

Thanks!

AnthonySS
06-06-2002, 11:46 AM
KATH,,

I can't sing and play at the same time...not that I am much of a singer either!!!

Greg say he don't sing either!!

kathy
06-06-2002, 12:13 PM
Anthony...... no problem I bet when we get their some singers will come out...... A few cold ones in some of these guys and they just may belt out a few with us!!

MOST IMPORTANT WE HAVE FUN........ which seems to be inevitable......... instigator and his wife have done some great organizing for this! I am sure this band thing is going to go just great......... I am ready to have a blast ....... it sounds like this is something many won't want to miss.

I am ready to see these awesome boats...... to meet some awesome families........ and to have a great time!!

Can't wait to hear you guys play and can't wait to sing with you all! Hope this part of it comes together.......... Let's make it happen guys!

halveb
06-06-2002, 01:13 PM
I may try my hand at a song or two but like Anthony said I don't take it naturally. Don't get me wrong I wish I could sing like a bird...I'm just tired of getting run outta town everytime I try it. :D

Don't worry on the list because no one should start putting in a lot of time til we get all the individual lists compiled and agree on the final 15-20 songs. I submitted mine to Anthony he posted his on the board and Greg is going to post soon.

I don't know if there is a way to do a survey for all the songs without doing a survey for each one but it would be nice to get consensus. Think about it web gurus. We could also take whatever lists are floating around and accept the common songs and give each person their choice of a "simple" song to add up to 15-20 songs.

AnthonySS
06-06-2002, 01:42 PM
....LOVE your ATTITUDE!!

That's half the battle...a little positive thinking goes a long way...

...and fun is what it WILL be all about!!!

YES...I am sure some singers will step up...Glad you got the spirit to SING!!

If I recall you kind-of look petit like Stevie Nicks:D

halveb
06-06-2002, 01:44 PM
Each of us publish our list of 15 songs. Please keep these songs as simple as possible. Songs that have multiple votes are the songs we will do. Songs will be rated by the number of votes they have received, etc. Also list your songs in the order of preference in case we need to tie break.

If that sounds exceptable to everyone who is gonna play or sing put your 15 songs up here and I will tabulate the results. With that in mind the following are my 15 songs (8 of which overlap songs on Anthony's list):

1. Bad Finger - No Matter What
2. Eagles - Tequila Sunrise
3. Eric Clapton - Willy and the Hand Jive
4. Troggs - Wild Thing
5. Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
6. Creedance Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
7. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
8. Bob Seger - Turn the Page
9. Eagels - Take It Easy
10. Guns & Roses - Knockin' on Heavens Door
11. John Mellencamp - ROCK in the USA
12. Alice Cooper - I'm 18
13. Neil Young - Rockin In The Free World
14. Doobie Bros. - China Grove
15. Kinks - You Really Got Me

Lets hear from everyone else who's gonna be involved. If ya want to play but don't care which songs that's fine too.

Rock On:)

kathy
06-06-2002, 01:54 PM
Positive attitude gets you along way!!!!:)

I love singing...... I love having a great time with great people and so far the guys we have met from here have been nothing but great people.

As for looking like Stevie.....lol I don't think so!

Rickracer
06-06-2002, 02:26 PM
If ya post that pic as a .jpg, it will show up without having to D/L it.

kathy
06-06-2002, 02:30 PM
Guess I should have spoke with you before putting that on as an attachment! lol You are so dead!!!:)

Guess what you will be a back up singer just for that!

ShorePounder
06-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Guess what you will be a back up singer just for that!

You might want to think about that. :D

Maybe you could come up with something that wouldn't punish everyone for something one person did.:D :D :cool:

halveb
06-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Make sure before we make Rickracer a backup singer (which could get him killed) that he has delivered my new Gaffrig Gauges. :D

I have to agree with Anthony I see a striking resemblance to Stevie Nicks (when she was in her haydey with Fleetwood Mac).

Maybe we'll have to do some Fleetwood Mac. If we can fool the locals into thinking we are Fleetwood Mac we charge big time. :D

Talon2.5
06-06-2002, 04:06 PM
HEY you hired stevie nicks (aka kathy aka "kath") :D

this will be fun i'm sure, sing? me? dunno never tried was told once that i may be able to do southern style songs but i think they were drunk when they said that :D

doobie bros- china grove
eagles- take it easy (already messed with that song a little)
G&R- knocking on heavens door (greg)
joe walsh- rocky mountain way
kinks- you really got me
doobies- black water
pink floyd- wish you were here (anthony :D )
mellancramp- r-o-c-k in the usa
troggs- wild thing
seger- turn the page
cooper- 18

i guess thats it from me :D i still like the 30 days in the hole-humble pie, kathy would sound good on that one

woodco
06-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Some old Zeppelin or Black Sabbath !!!!

Also for some newer tunes I'm really likin some of Nickleback's
stuff !!!!

They have some great talent .......

halveb
06-06-2002, 11:16 PM
I know most of four sticks which is awesome Led Zepplin tune for a drummer. If ya wanna do that one I'm game.

Two problems with Zepplin in general though. Number one, who is gonna sing Robert Plant and second who is gonna play Jimmy Page. Zep aint' what I call simple but they are one of my favorites.

Suggest some actual songs and we'll see what comes up. Ya hoo its time to jam and boat, boat and jam.

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 04:07 AM
hey woodco

pounder showed me some nickelback "having fun yet" its pretty fun to play

too bad he aint coming then i could sit in the crowd and watch :D hey pounder are ya shure you cant make it? :eek:

ShorePounder
06-07-2002, 07:06 AM
Hey Skip, If my going to the Rumble means you get to be a spectator, and not a performer, then not just no, but HELL NO!!:D :D

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 07:28 AM
curses foiled again!! hey now.....dont make me get in the phone booth :D

halveb
06-07-2002, 08:50 AM
Come on Greg. We are counting on you to tell us what 80s and 90s tunes would be good. We have quite a bit of work ahead of us. So far I have a list from myself, Anthony, and Skip. Any other musician want to weigh in?

Can everyone play MP3 files if we get all the songs and email them out?

kathy
06-07-2002, 09:01 AM
Do any of you know "Desperado" by the Eagles
"Soak up the Sun" Sheryl Crow

"Honky Tonk Women"
"Leather And Lace"

These are some you guys didn't list....... obviously not hard rock....... I don't know if you guys want to stick with hard rock or not.

Would these not be cool?

AnthonySS
06-07-2002, 09:23 AM
...some similarities showing up on the lists...just need Greg's input...and I say we start burning some CD's

Woodco...I love ZEP...but like Havle B said...we need Jimmy...unless Greg is up to Jimmy...

I do some of thier folky stuff like "Over the Hills" - Tangerine - "Babe I am gonna leave ya", Stairway" etc...

ShorePounder
06-07-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Talon2.5
curses foiled again!! hey now.....dont make me get in the phone booth :D

(In my best Big D impression)

Ain't SKEERED!!!!:D

halveb
06-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Can you let me know who the artists are for your last two suggestions. I think "Leather and Lace" is Fleetwood Mac but so many song titles are similar I want to make sure. "Honky Tonk Woman" the name sounds familiar but I can't think of the band name.

I have added your other two suggestions to the list and when I know the band information I will add the other two.

So far the following songs have three votes:

I'm 18 - Alice Cooper
Knockin On Heaven's Door - Guns & Roses
Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh
R-O-C-K In The USA - John Mellencamp
Take It Easy - Eagles
Turn The Page - Bob Seger
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Followed closely by songs with 2 votes:

Keep On Rock'n - Neil Young
Troggs - Wild Thing
China Grove - Doobies
You Really Got Me - Kinks

Still waiting on Greg's input. Don't be shy. By the way Anthony Greg said he could get whatever songs we needed but indicated that these are all probably available on the net. One thing that occured to me is that we should do something to ensure we all use the same tab and version of a song. :p

Anybody play bass and do we have a drum kit. I can bring electronic drums but my experience has been real drummers do not like the bass pedal (believe me you won't cause they are blocks of wood with triggers in them) and they don't care for the cymbals. I have a bass that one pickup doesn't work. I'll see if I can get it fixed.

kathy
06-07-2002, 10:48 AM
It's the Rolling Stones! Sorry I didn't state that....... I found this link it is called backseatmemories.com It does not have the chords to the music but it has all the words to many different songs........ I didn't check it to see if was any of the songs you guys are interested in.... just thought it would help if we just printed the words from there IF there were any songs you guys want to do from there........ some are old some are new some are REAL old songs.

Leather and Lace is Stevie Nicks

I am game to try and sing just about anything....... Just let me know. If I think I can't do a song I will let you all know....

Doesn't Damage Inc. play the drums????

Damage Inc
06-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Just say NO to electronic drums!!!! I hate those things!!

I have a friend that still has a kit that is willing to let me borrow it. Sounds like Woodco has way less rust than me and probably has a kit. Woodco, let me know if I need to bring this kit or not.

Haven't seen it mentioned in the latest song lists, but how about some old Kiss. Something like Rock n Roll all night or Strutter? I am more of an 80's guy, so I am waiting on Greg to put up his list!

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 11:05 AM
china grove and you really got me sound really easy to play so we should probably put them on the list due to the ease of playing them??

we should have one version of tab, i agree with that so we are all pulling from the same thing

woodco do you still have a drum kit?

who was playing bass anyway? dont remember

greg i'm counting on you for some good 80's stuff, where are ya??

call me today around 2:30 this afternoon, ok greg? i'll be home by then (should be anyway)

pounder, your lucky!! i heard they put a cell tower where by booth used to be :D :) :)

halveb
06-07-2002, 11:28 AM
I have Damage Inc. down as a drummer. Here is the list of musicians I have compiled based on previous threads and responses since then. If you have indicated that you couldn't make the Rumble I don't think I included your name so if you are a musician and you aren't listed that may be why. If you play and want to please let me know.

I don't know how we are gonna divide up duties on these songs yet but obviously we will have to do that. My preference is by assign songs based on a person's familiarity with a song and there desire to play it.

Anyway, here are the musicians I have listed and what they play. I have also indicated with an "*" which ones seem to be active in this thread. Sorry if I missed someone.

Anthony Santocono* - Guitar
Greg Terzian* - Guitar
Skip* - Guitar
Woodco* - Drums
Sam Baker - Guitar
Kathy* - Vocals
MTCM - Guitar
BoatGoFaster - Guitar
Damage Inc.* - Drums
RiverRacer280SS* - Guitar
Halveb* - Guitar

BTW Damage Inc. there was some Kiss on the list I first compiled Rock and Roll All Night. I want to make sure everyone's tastes are represented so if you're a 80s fan list those songs. Glad to hear you've got some real skins. I like my electronic ones for playing around with and doing some simple recording but they don't play like the real thing.

Scream And Fly
06-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Sorry everyone - I'm here, didn't mean to be a stranger.

Here are a few of my song selections:

1. Van Halen - You Really Got Me
2. Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
3. Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
4. Guns N' Roses - Knockin' On Heaven's Door
5. Guns N' Roses - Civil War
6. Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
7. Warrant - Heaven
8. Skid Row - 18 And Life
9. Aerosmith - Mama Kin

These were just a few off the top of my head.

Skip, e-mail me your phone number - I don't have it with me!

Greg

AnthonySS
06-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Greg has expressed that he is up for doing tabs.

Charts can be obtained from. ( I aleady have a bunch)

www.olga.net

However Greg and I agree that there is often discrepnecy with Inet stuff...so they should be verified before we all start parcticing.

KATHY...if you can ....start compiling some lyrics for the INET

halveb
06-07-2002, 11:54 AM
Alright thanks Greg. No lets here it from you 80s rockers, add to Greg's list or second the vote. Its time to get down to bidness. :D

I would like to get a final list compiled today. Alllllright, lets do it.

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 11:57 AM
greg (407) 933-1663

yep good ones!!..............

1. Van Halen - You Really Got Me
2. Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
3. Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
4. Guns N' Roses - Knockin' On Heaven's Door
6. Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
7. Warrant - Heaven
8. Skid Row - 18 And Life

hell actually all of em to be honest, but these are me favorites from that list

kathy
06-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Anthony I can do that no problem......

Question for all of you NONE of you seem to be listing songs for a female to sing which is fine I am ok with that as long as you all have no problem or is it that I will be only singing songs you play for a female voice?

Hey if it is not a question about who sings...........GO FOR IT!!! Compile the list and I will let you all know whether or not I think I can sing it....... I will give it my all promise you that.

You guys playing have more to learn than I do... I am in for sure..... NO TOMATOES ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnthonySS
06-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Your Rite KATH,

I have backed for some female vocalists over the years doing moslty new country songs from like:

Terry Clark
Shania Twain

How bout:

"Hit me with your best Shot" - Benetar.

That one is pretty basic!!

kathy
06-07-2002, 12:31 PM
I want you guys to play what you all know....k I will sing even if it is for a male voice IF I CAN DO IT.

I can do Hit me with your best shot. Hey it's about fun and having a good time and I am sure this crowd will help out and join in......... It is going to be a blast.

halveb
06-07-2002, 01:01 PM
I am sure there are other songs out there but we gotta start somewhere. As we get into this and we find out that there is no one willing to sing or play a particular song we will drop it and maybe replace it with something else. As it is we have 17 songs with 2 or more votes and I think the list is pretty representative of many genres. Here is the semi-final list:

1. Knockin On Heavens Door - Guns & Roses
2. I'm 18 - Alice Cooper
3. Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh
4. R-O-C-K In The USA - John Mellencamp
5. Take It Easy - Eagles
6. Turn The Page - Bob Seger
7. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
8. Keep On Rockin - Neil Young
9. Troggs - Wild Thing
10. China Grove - Doobie Brothers
11. You Really Got Me - Kinks or Van Halen (Greg or Anthony decide which version both are good)
12. Talk Dirty To Me - Poison
13. Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
14. Civil War - Guns & Roses
15. For Whom The Belll Tolls - Metallica
16. Heaven - Warrant (Greg shouldn't need much practice on this)
17. 18 And Life - Skid Row

Now as I see it we have Greg as default lead guitar and Anthony Santocono as default rhythm guitar. I am willing to try and learn a few of these songs on bass (if we don't get a bass player) and would like to do some guitar on others. What I need is for the two drummers to identify what songs they would like to do (talk amongst yourselves - don't underestimate your talents either) and the remainder of the guitar players to identify what they want to play (and hopefully a couple of others will be willing to try the bass out too). Let me here from you. Also anyone who thinks they can sing any of these songs please let me know.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting you all at the Rock n Rumble. :D

Damage Inc
06-07-2002, 01:37 PM
I like your list Greg. Some good tunes on there!!

The reason I haven't (and won't) put a song list together is this, I figure the people that are going to have the toughest task are the guitarists. In order for people to recognize the song being played, the guitar part has to be right. It has to sound like the original. The average listener won't know if a drummer missed a fill or a bassist hit a wrong note here or there, but they will notice if the guitarist isn't playing the right notes! So I will leave the song choosing up to the guitarists. :p

That being said, I will say that I would hope that no one expect me to play any Neil Peart fills or Lars Ulrich double bass!! :D :eek: As I said before, I am way too rusty for that! Maybe Woodco can handle that stuff! :D

Once a list has been comprised, I will do my best to knock off the rust and learn them the best I can in the alloted time. Setting up a kit (room? where would I put it?) and playing without running everyone off or having the cops called on you is not as easy as picking up an acoustic, sitting on the couch and playing.

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 02:03 PM
damage, my nieghbors have been listening to heavens door full out electric for days now hehehehehe but i know what ya mean wendy doesnt like the disruption!! oh well i just gave the nieghbors another hit of it :D and will do it again in a few minutes hahahaha screw 'em there kids drive me nuts so it's my turn :D :D :D

halveb, if you want to play guitar, i can see what i can do with the bass, like damage said it will be better with accomplished guitar players and the bass and drums can mis a small step without getting us creamed, let me know

kathy i think you will be good singing all the stuff, there was a live band at silver glenn a few weeks ago and there lead was a girl and she did great on all the songs, your singing them will be better than us i bet!!!!!:cool: :cool:

eagles harmonizing we will have trouble with so (suggestion)put pat benatar in instead of take it easy for kathy

18 and life is a killer tune but can ya handle that one kathy?

kathy
06-07-2002, 02:19 PM
Just wanted to make sure you all were ok with a female voice singing for ya. A few beers and I can belt you out some Skid Row...... hell for that matter I will do some Zeppelin too!

Just finish with your song list you guys are doing and I will tell you what ones I'll be ok with........ I am game for whatever you all want to do

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 02:27 PM
A few beers and I can belt you out some Skid Row

hahahahaha **** thats funny!! belt you out some skid row hahahaha

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 02:33 PM
:D

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 02:44 PM
with a few of these :D

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 02:49 PM
but then after those ya forget to tune yer guitar and it does this

halveb
06-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Ooops... I meant with your best shot. I think we could substitute that for Take It Easy. Anything the Eagles do has a lot of harmony which is great if you have unlimited pipes (not the case here).

Consider the substitution made. If Anthony and/or Greg could get the tab, chord progressions, and music I will indicate the songs I will try and learn bass on. Keep in mind my version of the bass line is likely to be way simpler than the original. Buuuuttttt... as Damage Inc. said it is though signature guitar pieces that people recognize.

To start the ball rolling I am going to list the songs I would play rhythm on and the songs I would play bass on. These can certainly be adjusted to account for interest by other players.

Rhythm:
Wish You Were Here
Wild Thing
Keep On Rock'in
Rocky Mountain Way
Turn The Page

Bass:
I'm 18
R-O-C-K In The USA
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
You Really Got Me
Talk Dirty To Me

Neeeeext :D

kathy
06-07-2002, 04:06 PM
Holy $#@&! I wouldn't attempt doing Skid Row not unless it was about 3:00am I figure by that time anything sounds good.

Throw in Benetar........please

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 04:27 PM
you mean you arent gonna BELT ME OUT SOME SKID ROW :D

lets see what happens here, i gotta go to work (again) so i'll post later

halveb, why do you want to do any bass if you can do that other stuff :D i'll learn bass and you guys can rip!! ;)

kathy
06-07-2002, 04:30 PM
YOU WANT SKID ROW? YOU GOT IT!!!! lol

You only live once what the hell.......

Scream And Fly
06-07-2002, 04:32 PM
Wait just a second, Hat-Man, you're not getting out of playing guitar this easy!

Skip will be there, right next to us, with a nice loud amp and all.

Get ready to rock, Skip.

LOL!

Greg

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 04:39 PM
greg call me if your still on line

Talon2.5
06-07-2002, 06:01 PM
greg your great man THANKS i had fun talking with you!! as always you uplift my spirits ;) i appreciate it :D

now onto serious stuff here buddy!!! greg, you HAVE to play all the lead we dont have any other, so dont back out buddy :D hehehehe

now i have to protect myself here folks!!! and YOU also!!! 'cause he threatened me with a "skip lead break" hahahahahaha yea right hahahahahaha now i think i beat him to it!!! so say NOOOOOO to this cause ya'll dont want this kinda hell in your life!!! hehehehehe so side with me here!!(trust me on this) and say NO!! so i can carry on as the low key person, and hope for the best!!

greg, your alright man!! now start practicing those 70's songs hehehehehe

your buddy........."hat man" as you say

Scream And Fly
06-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Skip,

As always, I had a blast talking to you today - you're a great person. Where would we be without Skip? He's helped so many on our forums and he's a stand up guy. I owe you a great thanks, Skip. You really help make our forums a great place!

Now, on to the guitar stuff:

Okay everyone, Skip is just trying to play it off as no big deal, but I think he'll be ready to rip out an awesome guitar solo for us all! Who would like to see that? I know I would. Skip, the "Hat Man" could be performing an 80's inspired solo between songs. What will he play? Will he give us a clue?

Come on Skip, the secret is out - give us a hint!

Let's chant his name.... "Skip! Skip! Skip! Skip!"

Come on, everyone now....

"Skip! Skip! Skip! Skip!"

halveb
06-07-2002, 07:52 PM
That's it!!!! :D

I'm leaning toward replacing Greg with you full time. Seriously though I offered to learn the bass to a few songs cause no one else is talking about bass and sometimes songs sound funny without bass.

I don't mind as long as I can play 6 string on some of them too.:p

Greg, I think we should do Stairway to Heaven and let Skip do the monster lead at the end of the song. No, no, I got it, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Couldn't Stand The Weather (one of my favorite guitar pieces ever).

I'll sing all the alfalfa and Slim Whitman parts to any song we do. :D I will have to agree with Greg on this though. Skip is a great person. I lurk quite a bit but I watch what goes on and he helps a lot fo people, as do many others. I for one am very thankful that this board is here Greg, not just for technical advise but as a place that like minded individuals can go and have a "virtual" good time.

Once da Rumble happens "virtual" meets reality.:eek:

ShorePounder
06-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Anybody wanna start a pool on how many beers it'll take to talk Skip into scrubbing off a solo?:D :D

There will be that very brief period of time where he's had enough beer to be brave enough, unfortunately it's only about half a beer before he's too drunk to play. :D :D

It would almost be worth driving up just for this. :D

Talon2.5
06-09-2002, 05:20 AM
so is this the final list???
2. I'm 18 - Alice Cooper
5. pat benatar- hit me with your best shot
6. Turn The Page - Bob Seger
9. Troggs - Wild Thing
11. You Really Got Me - Kinks or Van Halen (Greg or Anthony decide which version both are good)

another easy female song greg mentioned is joan jett, i love rock and roll, could swap bob seger for that one and kathy can belt it out for us :D

at this point it looks like a fun list so whats the verdict guys, greg, anthony, halveb, damage, woodco

we really dont have an official bass player for all the songs totally huh?

today will be my last day of boating till after the rumble so i can start getting into the songs and see which ones i can grasp quickly and study-up on

kathy
06-09-2002, 12:03 PM
Can do Joan Jett! Do you all know "Desperado" by the Eagles? Is that to slow?

Scream And Fly
06-09-2002, 02:44 PM
Hey Skip,

Did you get my "Hat-Man" message? LOL!

Greg

halveb
06-09-2002, 05:45 PM
That's cool with me. I think Desperado is mostly piano. On related matter I may have talked a bass player into coming down for this gig.

I will let you guys know more as it develops but that would make our jobs much easier is we all had to learn 4 or 5 songs a piece.

Talon2.5
06-10-2002, 06:05 AM
halveb, thats a good idea!! 4 or 5 a piece but greg has to play ALL the leads since he's the only one that can do it :D

greg "hat man" message was funny!!!!!! want autographs huh hehehehehe, action17 and i had our picture taken next to his boat yesterday with our "hats" on :D

kathy, if we do desperado we will have to wake everyone up for the rest of the songs hehehehehe but it's up to you guys i dont mind :D

hey did you guys know that H2Onut plays bass? hhmmmm

AnthonySS
06-10-2002, 08:03 AM
...looks great gang!!!

Start burning those cd's and get them out if you could GREG!!!

I am getting excited.

...as far as no Bas...we can wing some of that...but I am trusting we will have a bass player on hand!!!

halveb
06-10-2002, 08:06 AM
Sucks to be Greg but that's what happens when you are a professional you get to shoulder the heavy load. AFter all the pleading I did for a bass player and he was gonna sit in the weeds. Sign him up and lets rock-n-roll.

Greg and Anthony, any progress on the charts and versions of the songs?

AnthonySS
06-10-2002, 09:31 AM
BOB,

I have charts for at least 9 of the 17 tunes.

They will all need test driving first, to compare to the CD versions cause the charts are from the Inet and there are often mistakes.

I am sure you would agree that certain tunes don't need charting like:

"Rocky Mountain Way"

Damage Inc
06-10-2002, 10:09 AM
Hey Woodco, email me at damageinc96@cs.com or feel free to call me at 800-259-3264 ext 448 8-5 cdt, so we can hash out the drum details.

Greg, please E me or call. I have a couple of questions for you!

Song list looks good guys! I like the idea of replacing Seger with Jett. It's a little more upbeat and would be a good one for Kathy to sing!! :cool:

halveb
06-10-2002, 11:12 AM
Anthony sounds great on the charts. Rocky Mountain Way E A G E then a bunch of 7ths can't remember which one's but should be able to figure it out without a chart.

I went over to friends house for a get together jam that he typically has every two weeks and while sitting outside on a picnic table within 10 minutes a few people with acoustics started jamming and "I Really Want You" and "I'm 18" were two of the tunes. Clearly, this was meant to be.

Would everyone who is interested in playing please respond with the songs you would like to do in the order of preference. That way we can start assigning or should we all just play everything (we could be like the Allman Brothers, two drummers, a gazillian guitars, etc.) Oh, by the way, that inculdes H2Onut Skip. Dig his butt out of his transom and core work long enough to get him to agree to some bass playing.

2. I'm 18 - Alice Cooper
5. Pat Benatar- Hit Me With Your Best Shot
6. Joan Jett - I Love Rock N Roll
9. Troggs - Wild Thing

kathy
06-10-2002, 07:44 PM
You got a problem with "Desperado" Talon? No one else seemed to............:) We could do it to make the little ones sleepy!!!!

Talon2.5
06-10-2002, 09:31 PM
deeeeeeeesperado why dont you come to your senses you been out riding fences fer so long now HEY WAKE UP :D naa i dont have anything against it, i was just thinking "up-beat" songs ;)

thinking about the list, will post on the songs in a bit

kathy
06-10-2002, 11:33 PM
No way do not add DEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSPPPPPAAARRRRRRRRDO why don't you come to your senses you been out riding fenses for so long now GO FOR UP BEAT just remember if someone were to request it I am referring them to this post! lol:D ;)

Scream And Fly
06-11-2002, 09:33 AM
Okay, how does this work - I guess we're gonna swap people during the set? That sounds cool. If I had a preference, I would like to play the 80's songs (Skip, you with me on this?), but I'll play anything you all need me to!

Is the list we have above final now? Should I start working on the CD?

Greg

halveb
06-11-2002, 10:17 AM
There isn't any formal way so I thought if everyone posted their interests then we could start assigning roles. We will need at a minimum drums, bass, rhythm guitar, lead guitar, and vocals. In many cases we can double up on duties like backup vocals, second lead or rhythm guitar, etc.

I was listening to China Grove last night and heard a lot of what sounded like easy piano. Now I don't play piano but I have an electric piano that I could bring and might be able to learn the simplier parts of that song.

I think the list is as final as its gonna get. We can always make last minute adjustments at the Rumble. If you could put the CD together that would be awesome.

I was kidding before about you having to play all the leads. I don't know the preferences or capabilities of the other players but if someone wants to step up and do a song or two on lead guitar I think that would be awesome. Remember this isn't a paying gig and it is supposed to be fun. I think the Scream and Flyers are going to appreciate any effort we put forth and I also think that it will sound excellent. Did you ever get the version of "Fast Company" that I sent Anthony? I you want to do that include "Bad Company" on the CD as well. Also, what about your "Scream and Fly" song that was the inspiration for the title of the board, should we do that as well?

H2Onut
06-11-2002, 10:37 AM
20 years since I thumped that bass, I pkayed in a punk band, If ya want to play tunes like California SUN, sEDATED, hIGH SCHOOL ROCK, mONGOLOID, i CAN HANG, YA KNOW 3 CHORD CHANGES AND STUFF, MAYBE wORKIN MAN, BUT, i WILL BREING THE AXE, ONE OF YOU GUITAR GUYS CAN CONVERT

mAYbe Greg guitarzan ... thats his new name....

Talon2.5
06-11-2002, 11:13 AM
GREG love THE AVATAR big guy!!! :D

80's songs are good for me (backup rhythm) but remember this is all new for me since i always did my own stuff so i'll get into the stuff they e-mailed me and get some practice in

which songs do ya want me in on greg?

i think swaping out will be great so the guys can all play and play what they like also, cool idea, so far i think all you guys are pulling this together great!!

AnthonySS
06-11-2002, 11:51 AM
FAST Company,

I saw this as a JAM deal...not necessarily..."OK you play this song they play that song".

My experience with people swapping out on stage, .. is it becomes distracting for the Audience and makes gaps in the show.

Anyway just my thoughts....

If some don't want to play on certain songs...better to drop back and sit it out instead of walking on and off the stage (Gazebo).

I am willing to play on most of the songs...however I will make better judgement once I here the CD.

Lets get the Cd's Made ASAP...as the list looks pretty final!! Good to go here and I will keep sending charts as I get them!!

halveb
06-11-2002, 03:54 PM
I don't mean to dissuade anyone from playing, my original intent was to not have 5 rhythm guitars on each song. Whatever everyone wants to do is fine with me.

Any suggestions? I think Anthony is right we don't want to be doing a constant switcheroo on stage. Should we all just play? I think whatever the pros or the majority thinks is what we should do.

Greg, Anthony, everyone else?

Talon2.5
06-11-2002, 04:54 PM
well lets see........

greg lead guitar (and whatever from what he has said)

bob lead and rhythm guitar (you know someone for the bass possibly right?)

anthony rhythm guitar (i think thats what anthony said)

skip rhythm (throw me in on some 80's stuff)

damage/woodco on drums (right? i thought i read that somewhere in here)

kathy lead vocals

i think that sums it up right?

dont worry about greg on lead, i get this call today and he's on the end of the line plugged into his guitar and as we talk he rips off all the 80's stuff on guitar like the pro he is and makes it all sound so easy :rolleyes: i say what about skid row the next thing i know its coming through the phone :eek: holy moly he rocks!! what about metallica? here it comes through the phone :eek: guns and roses lead......through the phone it comes

i got me a rock concert going over the phone SWEET :D

let me know what ya want to do bob/anthony/greg you da boss's :D

halveb
06-12-2002, 11:11 AM
How lucky can you get Skip. :)

Not sure on the bass guy. He doesn't boat but has in-laws in Kentucky that his family might go down and visit. He sounds like he wants to do it but I don't want to count on him cause he could tell me the day before that it ain't gonna happen.

Lets get the CD and start working on the songs. If I can get him to start learning the songs then I will feel as though he has more invested in the venture. If not then I will do my best to learn a bass imitation for whatever I can. We will get this done. I would scrub my name from the lead playing list though as there are only a few leads I know and ain't none of songs we're playing except maybe "Wish You Were Here".

I am bringing the guitar to Otterfest (boat outing) this weekend to start practising. Shhhh don't tell anyone else as they might cancel the get together. :D

Talon2.5
06-12-2002, 01:43 PM
bob, i think this will be a fun jam, can we e-mail songs? i never tried it, the CD is definately needed now that the songs are picked

hope that guy feels like coming and playing bass!! that seems to be the weak point here, with you anthony and greg being the "guitar" men in the know, the guitars are most definately covered

did we get a full confirmation on drums yet? drummer and a kit?

sorry just curious :)

Scream And Fly
06-12-2002, 01:45 PM
Anthony has a very valid point regarding the swapping of musicians on stage, however, having 5 or 6 guitar players on stage at once is going to be complete sonic mayhem.

I propose, having a 70's set and an 80's set. This way, it would break up the setlist somewhat and allow more organization. The 70's music set would feature those guitar players that want to play 70's music, and so on. Same with the 80's. With this method, it will keep the switching of musicians to a minimum. Also, it would be funny to have each group (70's and 80's) play their respective roles.

I'll get to work on the CD right away, and mail a copy of it to each musician.

Skip, are you ready to be a rock star?

What do you think?

Greg

Talon2.5
06-12-2002, 01:56 PM
rock star..........who? eeerrr me ahhhhhh well YOU maybe but not me :D i'm not a rolling stone i'm a sitting pebble :D a drunk mechanic with a six string :D and no liscense to use it :eek:

call me if ya want i'm home..................looking at this piece of wood with these six long wires hooked to it with six *****et handles on one end of it...............lefty loosy righty tighty???? whats all this wire i found inside it? can i fix the toaster with this stuff? :rolleyes:

halveb
06-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Greg,

I think that is a workable solution as long as you are willing to do leads for both decades (come on now don't let us old timers down :D ). I would be willing to do lead on "Wish You Were Here" although I can't do the slide stuff that goes on when they are doing scat vocals. You can do it all if you like (Skip has me convinced) just let us know.

What does everyone else think? We could get by with a couple of rhythm guitars and/or we could trade-off bass job if no one else comes out of the woodwork. Thanks for doing the CD thing it will help to make sure everyone is reading from the same page.

Do you have everyone's address Greg? Here is mine in case there are any groupies (hope my wife isn't surfing this site :D )

Bob Halverson
4193 Morris Park Rd
Mc Farland, WI 53558

AnthonySS
06-12-2002, 02:13 PM
GREG,

Yes I like your idea and I agree that we don't need 6 guitar pers players per song (we need 7:)

Looks like you are voted in for all the sets on lead guitar tho...I may be able to help on some too!!

THANKS for your offer on doing the CD... It will be most helpful

Here is my address,

Anthony S. Santocono
6 Trowell Lane
Ajax, Ontario, Canada,
L1Z 1K4

Have you guys been getting the Charts I have been sending out???

Talon2.5
06-12-2002, 02:59 PM
in case ya lost it greg,

Skip "hat man" Romani
204 Magellan Dr.
Kissimmee Fla. 34758

yes anthony, thank you!!

Damage Inc
06-12-2002, 03:36 PM
I have yet to here from Woodco on the drum issue. I am trying to coordinate with him on kit(s), songs, etc. I left my number and email on an earlier page - here they are again:

800-259-3264 ext 448 8-5 cdt or evenings @ 318-219-3909

or you can get me anytime @ 318-455-3434

email - damageinc96@cs.com

snail mail

Rick Fisher
4746 Dixie Garden Dr.
Shreveport, LA 71105

Anthony - got the charts, but being a drummer, it all looks Greek to me! :D I appreciate you keeping me in the loop though!
Got your message. Try me again, I had to leave for a meeting that day.

If anyone else wants to call/email, please feel free to do so.

Talon2.5
06-12-2002, 03:40 PM
damage do you have any kit parts or do ya need the whole kit?

i'll pm woodco and bug him :D

Damage Inc
06-12-2002, 03:42 PM
I have a friend that is willing to loan me his kit if I need it. It is a complete Phil Collins "Abacab" kit.

Talon2.5
06-12-2002, 03:49 PM
freakin' great!!!

i'll help ya all i can with set-up on those bad boys!!! (roadie:D )

Damage Inc
06-12-2002, 03:54 PM
A good drummer is always backed by a great drum tech! :D :p

halveb
06-12-2002, 04:08 PM
I have a set of Eb drums (E flat) but I can't seem to get them tuned. :D

Sic Skip on Woodco he'll get the job done. :D

Here is an overview of what I see our equipment needs being:

Mics
3 vocal mics (I know they won't ever be used at the same time but someone's gonna get drunk and probably wanna sing).
3 mics for the drums (bass drum, snare and toms, and cymbals)
4 guitar mics (1 for bass guitar, 3 for 6 strings)

Effects
Vocal effects processor (outdoor playing reverb a must!!!)

PA
300 watt amp for mid and high frequency
500 watt amp for bass.
Active crossover
Equalizer (in case of squeeks and such)
Bass Bottoms
Tops (Mid to High frequency speakers)
Stage monitor(s) for vocals

What I don't have from this list
I currently own three microphones with stands so we are short seven mics. I don't have a stage monitor or amplifier for a non-amplified stage monitor and we could probably use 2. Usually only the drummer and vocals really need monitor (drums so they know what everyone else is doing and vocals cause their voice tends to get lost in stage wash). Everything else on that list I have and will bring. If you need something else just bring it or let us know and we'll see if we can find it. Greg I know you have a lot of equipment, do you have any of the stuff I am missing?

Of course, everybody bring your own guitar, drums, bass, amps, etc.

halveb
06-12-2002, 04:12 PM
In the time it takes to post one of my long winded posts you guys fire off three. :D

Now Damage Inc we need a three foot high drum riser to show off you and that Abacab kit. :D

Skip can you build a drum riser? I don't think it would fit in my truck with everything else I'm bringing. :D We're going Hollywood!!!

Damage Inc
06-12-2002, 04:19 PM
That's alot of equipment!! :eek: I hope it's a really big gazebo!:D

LaserModVee
06-12-2002, 05:07 PM
Don't forget a tamborine (sp?).
So you guys can con drunken chicks and guys on the stage for a good laugh.:D

I hope you guys have a hitch on the back of your boat trailers! That way you can tow a U-Haul enclosed trailer with all of this epuipment!

I can't wait for the Rumble!!!!!!

woodco
06-12-2002, 07:56 PM
All I have to figure out what vehicle I'm bringin ... It's gonna have to be the " Rig " if I'm gonna bring the drums.Or if we bring the RV
then I'll probably be able to squeeze them somewhere.

Or !!!!
I can borrow my brothers electric set !!!!! That will fit in a shoebox :D

All we have to figure out is the song list and I'll get practicin :cool:

Talon2.5
06-12-2002, 11:10 PM
woodco, heres the list that made the finals, do you have an amp with the electric drums?

2. I'm 18 - Alice Cooper
9. Troggs - Wild Thing

i'll bring my peavy amp, 2 electric guitars, zoom 505 pedal, couple guitar cords,acoustic guitar and try and pick up a microphone (need one for the acoustic anyway)

3 foot drum riser, were going hollywood :D he'll hit his head on the roof of the gazebo hehehehehe by the way..........how big is this gazebo any way?

Talon2.5
06-13-2002, 03:48 AM
it's 4:45 A.M. just got done with my day/night at work, downloaded a music sharing thing from www.limewire.com and will start getting the songs from the list, i also went to www.morphius.com and entered that one for music also

so i should have these tunes on my puter soon :D

practice practice practice, hell i hardly look at the rest of the boards right now with this music deal coming up ;)

Scream And Fly
06-13-2002, 09:46 AM
Skip is gonna be an 80's rocker!

Skip, I meant to call you when I got home, but I fell asleep - I'm sorry about that. I'll give you a call today...
I have most of the songs downloaded - I should have them all very soon. I'll try to have those CD's out ASAP.

Skip, this image is for you:

Greg

ShorePounder
06-13-2002, 10:50 AM
Man Greg, that pic is better than most centerfolds! And no staples in the way:D :D

halveb
06-13-2002, 11:08 AM
That's my kind of amp. Of course, mine is just a little 40 watt tube amp but it screams and when miced you'd never know it wasn't a big stack (but it isn't :( )

Be all that you can be...at the Rumble. :D

Talon2.5
06-13-2002, 11:49 AM
no sweat greg!! i was off and back to work soon after that anyway :rolleyes:

shorepounder and i are gonna learn them together so we can help each other (me actually) learn this stuff :D

skip an 80's rocker hahahahahaha :eek: oh brother :rolleyes:

gotta get me some more jedi training!!!

Scream And Fly
06-13-2002, 11:50 AM
Here's what my guitar setup is usually like:

Amps, Overdrive and Leads:

Marshall TSL-100 100 watt head
Marshall JCM 2000 "Slash" 100 watt head (one of 3000 made)
Marshall JCM 8200 200 watt head (backup)

Amps, Clean:

Marshall JCM 900 100 watt head
Tubeworks MosValve RT-2100 100 watt 2x12 combo

All Marshall 1960 series lead cabinets

Usually, the guitar goes into a Korg rack tuner, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q wah, two Digitech RP-1's, a Boss GE-7 equalizer and DD-5 digital delay, and a Nady VHF wireless.

Ah, the good old days... I miss them already.
Don't worry, for the Rumble, I'll just have the trusty Marshall half-stack and a pedal or two.

Now, I need to decide which gutars to bring.

Greg

halveb
06-13-2002, 12:42 PM
The force is strong with this one...

Greg sounds like you could crumble my PA with that stuff.:D

AnthonySS
06-13-2002, 01:45 PM
....Love all the pics too,

I will bring all that I have...

I don't have a really good amp tho...so if anyone can help I would appreciate it...otherwise I may rent something.

Otherwise I have a homemade setup of stomp boxes with lots o wires and cables!!!:eek:

I will need to mic my 12 string for "Wish You Were Here"...anyone have a good condensor mic???

Scream And Fly
06-13-2002, 01:53 PM
Anthony,

I have several new Shure SM-57's and an SM-58...

Greg

AnthonySS
06-14-2002, 07:00 AM
X-cellent GREG!!

Thro one in for the trip!!

I have all the Charts in some sort of format now....

so anyone that want's copies...send me an email at:

Or post your email address here!!

Talon2.5
06-14-2002, 07:06 AM
the post about mic's said we were 7 short, anyone else have any?

Talon2.5
06-14-2002, 05:37 PM
i entered the eddie van halen 1 guitar a month 2002 givaway :D

xstreamed
06-14-2002, 05:48 PM
:D THE GUY I TRADED THE LAKE LICE TO HAS A BIG AMP FOR SALE. I THINK IT IS A CASINO. IT IS ABOUT 5'X 3'. DONT KNOW THE POWER OUTPUT. HE SAID HE WOULD SELL IT CHEAP. ASK POUNDER HE SAW IT THE OTHER DAY AT THE FISH CAMP;)

Talon2.5
06-15-2002, 10:31 PM
ok boys got a joke for ya here, i took the wifeout tonight and was kicking around withthe guitar some more, now the wife tells me i did this way better before i tried a half assed shot at recording it but it is just for her and i to have a few laughs anyway so...................

Talon2.5
06-16-2002, 08:47 AM
yep i see i did it again..............posted after being out at the bar, hhmmmm i guess i need to actually find out how that is played 'cause that sounds pretty clueless hahahahaha oh brother, well i guess we had fun, i do remember getting better on the "you really got me" by van halen, shorepounder came over yesterday and we went through some songs and my gretsch guitar has an electrical problem, the ironbird needs new strings, and my guitar cord went south, gonna have to make a trip to sam ash or mars i guess

hey pounder i actually "remember" how to play some stuff :D

Scream And Fly
06-16-2002, 12:21 PM
You rock man! We wanna see that solo at the Rumble!!!!!

Greg:) :) :)

ShorePounder
06-16-2002, 04:11 PM
I knew that post was gonna come back to haunt you!!!! You're stuffed now dude:D

Talon2.5
06-16-2002, 08:24 PM
:p

Scream And Fly
06-18-2002, 08:26 AM
Hey everyone - I just wanted to let you all know that I should have the CD's ready by tonight or tomorrow. Be sure to mail me your address at gterzian@screamandfly.com!

Greg

AnthonySS
06-18-2002, 09:27 AM
...and make sure you email me at:

So I can email you CHARTS

BK
06-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Talon2.5

eagles harmonizing we will have trouble with so (suggestion)put pat benatar in instead of take it easy for kathy

WOW! How did I miss this thread? Actually, Ive missed this whole Lounge!!!!!!...never knew it was here!

Now, you aren't going to believe this -- but back in my younger days I played in an all-girl band (acoustic guitar) and sang harmony. We played Bob Dylan and Eagles mostly, (mostly because we only had to learn 5 or 6 chords).

Anyway - one day we were asked to play in a nightclub, and we chose the Eagles "Already Gone". Very easy tune. My lead singer had never sang in front of a crowd, and at the last minute the club owner handed me a Flying Vee (never played electric before). To make a long story short, it was a disaster. My lead singer got drunk and forgot the words and the drummer (my best friend and maid of honor) kept speeding thru the song, getting all ahead of us and we got lost at least 3 times......on stage......bumbling........fumbling......in front of all our friends.......pitifully embarrassed..... I wanted TO DIE!!!! LOL

But -- even after all that embarrassment, we STILL got asked to play regularly at another nightclub!!!~~ (we humbly declined) ;)

Years have gone by, and for the past ten years I sang harmony for our church (our choir director was a former Skynard groupie -- so the music was not typical - it was A-Ok). :) My voice is low, similar to the tone of Carole King, so most songs are too high for me, relegating me to harmony parts.

But give me some Eagles, Taylor or Carly Simon and I'll run with it.......

So if there are any songs that Kathy would like a back up singer for.... let me know! I'll try !

Sounds like a blast!

halveb
06-18-2002, 10:30 PM
BK, that would be awesome if you could do some singing. Kathy isn't sure she can do all the songs but she is willing to try. If you look further back in the thread (I think about page 12 or 13 you'll see the final song list.

Not to say we couldn't do some eagles after the main jam. I know I am bringing my acoustic and I'm sure others will too.

Join in the fun. We need singers like boats need drain plugs, without 'em were gonna sink. :D

Talon2.5
06-19-2002, 02:47 PM
kathy looks like ya got a back-up now so lets keep on keeping on!!

i'm practicing and ......and......and.........practicing i hope i can pull this off and have some fun :D

kathy
06-19-2002, 02:59 PM
Yes BK we need you!!!!!!! I need you! If these guys can play these songs we can sing them! I am sooooooooooo ready!

Talon2.5
06-20-2002, 08:35 AM
kathy do ya have all the words printed out for these songs?

how are the drummers doing? got any practice in?

do we have enough microphones yet? do they take the 3 prong hookups?

how about a bass player?

:confused: :confused:

Damage Inc
06-20-2002, 08:52 AM
I don't know what to practice!! I still have not been able to talk with Woodco to figure out who is going to do what.

Woodco, if you're out there, give me a call!

kathy
06-20-2002, 09:03 AM
I don't not yet........ can you email me the list of songs please?

kathymichelle@joinme.com

H2Onut
06-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Just 2 more songs PLEASE

hows bout Tuesdays Gone ...Skynard, both acoustic and electric parts, nice melody, simple changes.. For all us Southern Boyz

and the something real simple and upbeat... for ex

Sedated, tribute to the Ramones
or Romantics

or Sugar,, Archies...

Just something to jump around to .. ??????/

halveb
06-20-2002, 09:19 AM
I talked with my bass playing friend and he says he has nothing on his calendar to conflict (but didn't say he was going for sure). I am gonna have to trust that he will show but plan to familiar enough to follow the notes on the bass (as best I can just in case).

I think Greg said he had some SM57s which are the standard for micing instruments. I can't remember if he said how many he had. The mics indeed hook up with the round connector with three prongs (known as XLR). Mics and cords are what we will need. If worse comes to worse I should be able to borrow several. I know my bass playing friend has one or two and my other buddy has at least three and with my three that puts us up to eight.

It seems as though we have two mini sets one of 70s tunes and one of 80s tunes. Since no one has said what they want to play this is how I see it based on comments I have observed about peoples preference for music genres (obviously subject to revision).

Greg, Kathy, BK will do any and every song (lead guitar, vocals)
Damage Inc. (drums on the 80s set)
Woodco (drums on 70s set)
Skip, Anthony (rhythm guitar 80s set)
Bob, Anthony (rhythm guitar 70s set)
Ed (my friend the bass player all bass)

Any feedback would be appreciated. I am willing to do anything I can up to and including trying to sing vocals on some songs, not playing guitar if there are too many rhythm guitarists, trying to play bass if my buddy doesn't show up, sitting back and just running the mixer.

When is everyone arriving? It would be nice to have an unplugged practice session to be sure we have it somewhat down sometime beforehand.

Talon2.5
06-21-2002, 05:34 AM
i'm leaving the wednesday before to be able to arrive thursday some time in the A.M.

a few 80's tunes for me, glad to hear anthony is in on some 80's too he can do for whom the bell tolls :eek: thats a rough one greg ;)

AnthonySS
06-21-2002, 07:03 AM
I will play anything (almost)...If you guys don't mind!!! I'll know better whn I get the CD

I think I will sit out on "Talk Dirty Too Me"

NO Offense but For Some reason I just never liked that song.

BOB...

all I can say is that your enthusiasm is very inspiring...I want to to make sure I get there...just on to see that smile on your face when we get ready to rip!!!

HEY....any words on Monitors???

halveb
06-21-2002, 09:07 AM
Haven't heard from anyone on monitors....do you have access to any Anothony? If worse comes to worse I will have to buy a set. I probably should have some but I play out only at my own events and things like this and don't really need them in my basement.

I have already looked and found a nice compact set with three monitors, one powered the others daisy chain. Can be sat on the floor or attached to mic stand. Includes a carrying case, speaker wire, mic and mic wire for a little over $600. That's a lot of stuff for $600 but it is also $600. :)

I will make sure we have monitors one way or the other though so don't worry about that. I have been practising China Grove and Wish You Were Here as those are the only two songs we are doing that are in my CD collection.

I think today I am going to see if I can find the MP3 files for some of the other songs and start in on them. The charts help and I am of course familiar with almost all the songs but can't remember the details to make them sound right.

Kathy, how are you doing for lyrics? Do we need to put something together with the lyrics or do you have those already? Is there anything on the list you won't try and sing or would rather not sing?

AnthonySS
06-21-2002, 09:16 AM
THANKS BOB...

I am going to try to Bring at least 1 Monitor

Rickracer
06-21-2002, 09:53 AM
If you can't find what you want, email me, I probably have it. Then everyone playing can be practicing the same music.

halveb
06-21-2002, 10:34 AM
Anthony, is your monitor powered? I only have two amps one for bass bottoms and one for mids/highs. Bring whatever you can but I don't want you to drag stuff down from the Great White North if we can't use it.

Rick I need everything from this list except #7, #10, and #11. I need to start practising so I would appreciate it if you could email me whatever you have at bob.halverson@rlhcpa.net

2. I'm 18 - Alice Cooper
9. Troggs - Wild Thing

kathy
06-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Anthony emailed me the list...... Do you mean songs I can't do? It isn't will or will not....... I will give any of them a try what the hell!

1. by guns and roses....... is that the same one Eric Clapton sings?

2. not sure of but.......... hey I can try

4. with BK what the heck!

5. YES!

6. YES!

7. try it!

8. yes

9. don't know it but would be willing to learn it

10. could attempt

11. what the heck

12.- 17. once I hear them if I could attempt them I would.

I don't have the words copied yet. That's not a problem

Don't worry guys...... I said I'd sing and I will !!! I sing every saturday night...... my vocal chords are exercised.

It won't be hard to learn to sing them. They will just be done by females that's it........... k

Damage Inc
06-21-2002, 01:59 PM
Kathy, are you kidding me?!? :eek: You don't know Wild Thing?

Wild thing

you make my heart sing

you make everything - groovy

Wild thing

H2Onut
06-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Wildthing...I think I love you...dun dun dun dun...

But I want to know for sure.......

halveb
06-21-2002, 02:27 PM
Wild Thing:D

I can hear it now:D Sounds good too;)

Rickracer
06-21-2002, 03:02 PM
If everyone who needs copies of the MP3s will pipe in on this thread or email, I will send everyone all of the ones that I have tonite when I get home. (Between 8:30PM and 10:00PM)Home email addy is rfreemanjr@cfl.rr.com

kathy
06-21-2002, 05:44 PM
Did I say I didn't know Wild Thing........holy $%^$! SORRY GUYS I KNOW THAT I LOVE THAT SONG!!!

Ok......... now I can't get it out of my head!

Shoot I am going to sing that one........ OK!

:) :) :eek: :) :)

Are you guys sure NONE of you can sing? Can't you try? You only live once.

Talon2.5
06-22-2002, 03:08 AM
first i gotta make it to the rumble :eek: then do my best to play good so got no time to consider being a singer :D

Rickracer
06-22-2002, 08:23 AM
I can't seem to get Bob's mail box to take this, so I'm trying a different tack.....

halveb
06-22-2002, 11:21 AM
I will try but I need to listen to these songs and see what my range is (when I say range I mean what can I sing and be within a few notes of the original singer :D )

I will try Wild Thing. I think I could do that one. There are probably others too I just have to practice. Like I said I don't sing and my voice isn't trained so I have to do a song a bunch of times before I can even come close to staying in key.

kathy
06-22-2002, 01:41 PM
You can do it....... never know we all just might sound real good together........... Most important WE ARE GONNA HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!:) We'll even get Talon to sing a few he says not but once he gets into it ......... he'll start singing!

halveb
06-22-2002, 07:40 PM
I will let you know what I think I might be able to sing. I would like to if I can since we have enough guitar players that shouldn't be a problem. I agree we have to get Skip to sing too!!!:D

I think if Greg and everyone bugs him once he's had a few he will relent.

Party on Wayne

Talon2.5
06-23-2002, 08:15 AM
yikes!! this is gettingouta hand hahahahahha

halveb
06-23-2002, 08:55 AM
Figaro, figaro, figaro.....

Sounds good Skip have another brewski (cheesehead talk for beer). :D

Talon2.5
06-23-2002, 09:09 AM
my neck and shoulder went out again but i keep trying to learn more on the songs a little each day and alot when pounder comes over ;)

he needs to play so we can all sit and watch and enjoy a chilled beverage :eek:

ive noticed i'll be playing with the cd and actually get lost for a second and come back in on it :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

kathy
06-23-2002, 10:49 AM
Try this too........lol

do re me fa sol la ti do do ti la sol fa me re do

:)

Rickracer
06-23-2002, 12:25 PM
I have now uploaded all of these MP3s on AOL, so it's no problem to forward to anyone needing them. Contact myself or Greg to have them forwarded to you.

2. I'm 18 - Alice Cooper
9. Troggs - Wild Thing

:D :D :D

BTW, they will be from Rickracerf@aol.com if I send them....

Talon2.5
06-23-2002, 04:02 PM
shorepounder burned me a CD last week and thank god he did i listen to it every day to get used to the song patterns of the 80's stuff that ive been practicing so far :D

Scream And Fly
06-24-2002, 08:25 AM
I'll be sending them out tomorrow. Let's get a list here of people that need them!!!

Greg

AnthonySS
06-24-2002, 09:29 AM
GREG,

I need a CD...

...THANKS

halveb
06-24-2002, 10:39 AM
Greg,

CD me please. I got the MP3s from Rickracer but the official CD would be better to be sure.

How many mics do you have anyway I am trying to determine what we need that we don't have.

Thanks

Talon2.5
06-24-2002, 11:23 AM
cd me please

that way i can also compare and bee listening to the same as everyone ;)

kathy
06-24-2002, 11:56 AM
have a cd ? It might help me to listen how they are all sung....... I can pound it in my head better that way.

Thank you!

I would prefer emailing you my address Greg..... I know you understand that...... thanks!

Damage Inc
06-24-2002, 02:52 PM
I would like one as well. I have already sent you my info, if you need it again, let me know!

Thanks!

Talon2.5
06-24-2002, 03:44 PM
six cd's and we'll be rockin :D

Talon2.5
06-25-2002, 07:44 PM
hhmmmm, everyone must be practicing, this thread hads gone quiet ;)

Scream And Fly
06-26-2002, 09:40 AM
Does this mean that Skip will solo for us? I think he might even pull out the hat!
Bob, I have 3 SM-57's with cables. I also have some mic stands too.
What else do we all need?

Game on!

Greg

kathy
06-26-2002, 10:18 AM
Some back up singers!!!!:) to hold a mic. and maybe lip sinc

halveb
06-26-2002, 01:01 PM
We will be short 2 or 3 mics (I have 4 Greg has 3). Anybody else have any mics? Here is how I see the mic setup.

2 vocal mics
2 rhythm guitar mics (1 could be used for keys or anything else)
1 lead guitar mic
1 bass guitar mic
3 or 4 drum mics

...and no Skip you can't bow out to save a mic. :D In fact, we might need an extra mic to properly monitor Skip's solos.

Talon2.5
06-26-2002, 03:32 PM
oooooooh no you dont have to put a mic anywhere near me :D

dont worry about me i'll be hiding behind gregs stack of speakers with shorepounder :D

did i tell ya he's coming????? yea he said he would make a deal with me..........check this out :D ............he will play guitar behind the stage and i will be "looking" like i'm jamming with the band but actually it's him playing :eek:

sounds good right!!?? i thought so!!

hehehe but then he laughed and said he MAY OR MAY NOT go so i guess he's gonna have to put up with me giging him about it :D

:D hi pounder:D YOU DA MAN :D :p

Scream And Fly
06-26-2002, 09:24 PM
Skip will be there, right next to me, soloing like an 80's rock God! Skip, I can see it now - all the lighters waving up high... It will be glorious.

Skip, I need your address - can you mail it to me? :) :)

Greg

Tom D.
06-26-2002, 10:09 PM
You guys have a name yet? "The Scream & Fly Rumble Rockers".

Tom

kathy
06-26-2002, 10:15 PM
Good group name ....... thought of one also "Talon and the Flyers"........ I think you started something. Can you sing? Want to?

Tom D.
06-26-2002, 11:23 PM
Sorry I couldn't carry a tune in a barrel!! HAHA!!..... People people who love people are the luckest people in the world..... See what I mean.:D

Tom

Talon2.5
06-27-2002, 04:03 AM
i thought the bands name was "fast company" to go along with the song havelb wrote up :confused:

greg you got mail!!

actually greg is the guitar genious :D he would do a fabulous solo and i heard him do a thing on the phone that was awsome (that latin syle thing ya did greg with the overdrive or whatever it was that was great!!)

kathy
06-27-2002, 09:51 AM
Sorry Talon! "Fast Company"

Checkmate it is ........people who need people! lol Maybe you think you can't sing because you don't know the words! We can fix that......:)

Scream And Fly
06-27-2002, 10:11 AM
Did anyone hear the rumor about Skip "The Hat Man" playing a solo to a sold-out crowd at the Rumble? I heard Skip's playing, and I've come to the conclusion that he's a very modest guy. Skip ROCKS! Anthony, what about your solo? Well???

I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna relive my old rock days to the max on this one. Get ready for some really funny stage antics!

Keys to guitar success on stage:

1. Always look like you know what you're doing.
2. When you make a mistake, pretend you meant to do it.
3. Hang your guitar low on the strap - really low. Yes, it's harder to play it that way, but it looks cool.
4. Use less gain, and more volume.
5. Breaking strings on stage is cool - just go with it.
6. When in doubt, solo.

Greg