PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Brits and their Hondas

HONDAM
09-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Someone posted this video over on the checkmate forum and just thought i would share it with you guys. This is without a doubt the crazyest racing video ive seen.

The V6 powered boats in the video are all almost identical 27' kevlar/carbon/glass cougars with a 6' beam and powered by a single STOCK 225hp motor and will exceed 70mph. Absolutely no mods, they are allowed to use the Honda Sabre gearcase since it is considered factory equipment, but other the that nothing, not even jack plates and everyone is issued a prop at the beginning of the season and not allowed to modify it.

Until i figure out how to post this video here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzKpqMuORw

stvhelm
09-21-2007, 10:44 PM
:eek: OMG I cant believe how many got tossed out there boats. thats suicide.

Stinky
09-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Trading paint in an offshore race. :eek: :eek:

gotboostedvr6
09-22-2007, 09:35 AM
o_O wow thats prob the most crazy **** i've seen

b.lee
09-22-2007, 11:18 AM
That's insane! That many ill-handling boats, trading paint, and dodging ejected people, you can have that! Those smaller boats are on a suicide mission for sure out there! But fun to watch for sure.

HONDAM
09-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I think the handling issue may be due to the fact that their rarely in the water!! And the leadfoot drivers. What i cant believe is how resiliant those hulls are, the punishment they are put through and dont get busted apart.

mercpunk
09-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks for posting this vid. Had fun watching it at work :D

>>>>oldschoolltv is a bad influence

at100plus
09-22-2007, 06:29 PM
:D Looks cool so far, wish I was at work, no time to watch it all at home!

at100plus
09-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Haa haa, Jerryyyyy took Helmut and I for a ride like that at last years CT River Run.:D :D

Blizz
09-22-2007, 08:57 PM
How about 70+ in a 27ft hull with a stock 225 Honda not bad for a 4stroke.

oldskier
09-22-2007, 10:28 PM
What happens if their issued prop gets dinged up while running over a competitor floundering around on the course? Do they get a new one?

Gives a new meaning to 'small craft warning...'

They seem to run real smooth on the gunnels though.

HONDAM
09-22-2007, 11:46 PM
They are allowed to work on the props as long as the shape, size, and thickness of the blades are within the allowed specifications. They are serialized and subject to inspection, if they ding their prop they have to fix it. Had some down time at work and read through a lot of their rules.

One thing i have read about some people modifying these boats is with different coatings on the bottom of the hull. But the whole idea of these races is to have an entire fleet of identical boats where anyone has a chance in any given race.

Here is the website for the manufacturer of these boats.
www.cougar-powerboats.com (http://www.cougar-powerboats.com)

Mr.Rude
09-23-2007, 08:37 PM
A lil TOO narrow on the hull I think!

Bartman39
09-23-2007, 09:18 PM
That really reminds me of dirt car racing here in the south... :D Did not see real clearly but why are they not belted in...?

So the motor is completely stock...? No modds at all...? Just the the good gear case... Do they modd it...?

HONDAM
09-23-2007, 10:15 PM
That really reminds me of dirt car racing here in the south... :D Did not see real clearly but why are they not belted in...?

So the motor is completely stock...? No modds at all...? Just the the good gear case... Do they modd it...?

I had a sabre gearcase on my boat for a little while(still have it if anyone is interested in one), all it is, is the standard gearcase with a nosecone. Same gears, same case, no low water pickups. The intake screens they put in them have the top half pluged so it can be ran slightly higher.

The sabre gearcase technically is not a factory item although it is available straight from Honda. The send a stock case to Titus Grisham from Custom Marine and Welding to be modified when someone orders one.

b.lee
09-24-2007, 08:08 AM
They seem to run real smooth on the gunnels though.

That's what I was thinking! :eek:

wkndracer
09-24-2007, 03:29 PM
they need velcro seat covers

79Jcraft
09-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Do you think its cheating if you use your helmet to remove some of the special undercoat from the competition's hull? Wow that is nukin futs! They are crazy but damn it looks fun. Pretty impressive for 4 stroke tho.

Musashi
09-30-2007, 05:57 AM
http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9094&highlight=honda

Thought i had better just show that honda isn't full supported over here due to the aggresive drivers and poor support for fallen teams. look at every other class and teams stop to support those in trouble, sacrifying their own races.

The trouble (or advantage, depending on point of view) is honda fuly support the series with a huge budget, thus honda have stolen a few prime venues from the other classes. such ashame that the V-24 series weren't supported so well by volvo penta.

Don't think the 225 series can see 70 mph, hope not anyway.

Burke Kilgour
09-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Just put your foot to the floor and HANG ON!!
Doesn't look like they back down for anything !! :eek: :eek: