PDA

View Full Version : I-command instruments for E-Tec 200

stingray240cs
09-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Hi guys,

is there a company like Livorsi, Faria etc. offering instruments for the Evinrude E-Tec outboards? The I-command costs in Europe abut 2-3 thousand euro for a set of 6 instruments :mad: . Any possibility to get it cheaper from the US? (or other brand working for E-Tec)
Thanks for any hint.
Best Regards

Roman

AwesomeBullet
09-13-2007, 08:40 PM
I believe that Lowrance offers multi-function gauges that are compatible with the system....

ghind
09-14-2007, 06:37 AM
The evinrude I command digital stuff is made by Lawrence, says so on the box even though it was shipped from BRP to an evinrude dealer.

Why do you need 6 gauges? One gauge can show everything you want, if you are prepared to page through or have 2 or 4 things showing at once. For example, the gauge can automatically change itself to showing trim when you hit the trim button.

I've got two 400's (LMR400 I think it is) which is more than enough to do everything I want.

You can always get a 10" screen from Lawrence which does fish finding plus all the Icommand stuff on that big screen.

stingray240cs
09-14-2007, 06:55 AM
Hello,
thanks for the hints.
I need the 6 instruments as we are changing the old ones (only analog) in the boat. It should be Tacho / Speedo / Tank / Water pressure / Trim / Lift . I have to fill up the holes after the old instruments.
Best Regards,

Roman

ghind
09-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Are you about to buy or have you just bought a new E-TEC?

If so, it should come with a number of gauges which can fill many of the holes.

The reason purchasing 6 I command gauges is so expensive is that nobody needs that many of them. You might have to find some cheap, good looking analog gauges to fill the holes.

These are the I commands:

http://www.lowrance.com.au/home/lowrancenet/product_guide/lmf_200
http://www.lowrance.com.au/home/lowrancenet/product_guide/lmf_400

RobF
09-17-2007, 09:56 AM
just a thought- how about a gauge panel that would house the 2 I-Commands and hide the old holes?

Not starboard, but the non-corrosive gauge panel material?

Would greatly simplify wiring if you went with the I Commands over seperate gauges

stingray240cs
09-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Thanks guys for all the hints. Finally we have found some nice analog instruments they fit to the 2 Digital ones from I-command.
Thanks once more.
Roman