PDA

View Full Version : how to play music in mono??

merccoop
09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey guys,

Okay, so my sound card is junk and only plays through one channel. I have it coming out through a headphone jacket to rca outputs. that then runs to a stereo's aux in. Its okay, since the headphone jack splits it so it is playing through both speakers, but I am wondering is there a way to switch settings either or itunes or my computers settings to have it play mono, so that the one channel that is being split to my stereo plays "both channels" in one channel? Does this make sense to anyone? Anyone know if there is a way? I tried for about 30 min going through all the settings but I couldn't find anything......

Thanks guys....

flabum1017
09-10-2007, 10:49 PM
In the taskbar, right clik the speaker icon and select "adjust audio properties". The first tab "volume" at the bottom, click on "advanced". In the "speaker setup" drop-down list, select "laptop mono". see if that works.

merccoop
09-10-2007, 11:39 PM
flabum, that's exactly what I tried! To check it I played California Dreamin' by the mamas and the papas (the first song that came to mind that uses left and right channels seperately) and it still cuts out one channel. I think there may not be a way. I think I might just buy a new sound card that has rca outputs on it also.

Anyone know a good website to order sound cards?

merccoop
09-11-2007, 07:23 AM
yeah, pyro, your pretty much dead on. I just figured sound cards were so cheap I didn't have to mess with it. plus all my soldering ***** is back at home. i think you can pick up a sound card for like $6!