PDA

View Full Version : format for boats for sale

SnakeBit
08-23-2007, 03:33 AM
Scream and fly family! How many times have we all been frustrated by postings and adds that exclude important information. How about the site coordinator setting up a format to include all information about the boat price ect. ect. If you do not fill in all the fields youe add will not post. This might avoid all the ?'s we have all had to ask!
Perfect Example Jay riddle this post has been on forever and he still will not post a price :confused:

gotboostedvr6
08-23-2007, 03:58 AM
Recently there was a boat ad on S&F that went 2 pages asking questions about location, contact and price information. This is a waste of member's time and is not the way to sell a boat.

(Example)

Challenger
I'm kicking around the idea of selling my Challenger and just wanted to see if there's any interest. The boat is reel swell. I have a Johnson 150 which could go but I'd rather keep. It runs but has no gearcase. It's a center steer with 2 bucket seats. The seats haven't been reinstalled yet. It's on a decent galvanized trailer but nothing fancy. No windshield. Contact me here or at xxxxxxxx@aol.com (xxxxxxxx@aol.com) with questions. Pics soon.

When you sell an item on S&F, take the time to complete the user profile with location. At a minimum list the year, price, picture, basic details, email and phone.

If you see a S&F thread that's weak, just direct them to this post, maybe they'll get the idea.

Below is the best ad I have ever seen on S&F, notice the member listed the year, plenty of details, pictures, email and phone. This is the way to sell a boat! :)

2005 Hydrostream Venom For Sale
This is a very nice and well built boat. I must sell it to make room for a boat that will carry up to 2 families (pontoon/deckboat). It has been professionally rigged and used very little.
Hydrostream Venom
20' Length
Exterior color: Maroon/Wine
Polished Billett hardware
Charcoal interior with accents
Grey carpet
Hydraulic steering
Trim behind wheel
AutoMeter platinum gauges
GSP speedometer
Adjustible driver & passenger seats
Adjustable foot throttle
Interior lighting with bezels
4 - Stainless steel cleats
Navigation lights
Polished fuel tank
6" Jack plate
Full boat cover
Single axle trailer with tube frame, stainless steel fenders, wine/maroon color with silver and charcoal pins, aluminum wheels with matching aluminum spare and disc brakes.
1998 Mariner 225 hp motor, SuperMag with Torque Master lower unit. Motor is in very good conditon and has recently been freshened up, the overall appearance is excellent.
Boat motor and trailer: $22,500
Boat without motor: $15,500The boat is still in winter storage. You can see more pictures at http://www.screamandfly.com/home/features/clyde_van_vuren_hydrostream_venom/clyde_van_vuren_hydrostream_venom.htm

Email me at xxxxxxx@aol.com (xxxxxxx@aol.com), my home number is (xxx) xxx-xxxx and my cell is (xxx) xxx-xxxx, thanks
http://www.smccoycorp.com/2005_venom_3.jpghttp://www.smccoycorp.com/2005_venom.jpg

yup thats how its done the right way

gotboostedvr6
08-23-2007, 03:59 AM
hey snake what did you end up buying?

SnakeBit
08-23-2007, 04:13 AM
I bought Jasen Trackey's Venom great boat.I am still learning how to keep it on the pad but wow what power! This is a great little boat. I am thinking about trading it in next year I do not like the color, Sorry I am anal like that. I spoke to Jim we will see what happens over the winter also considering a Check Mate long deck

gotboostedvr6
08-24-2007, 03:34 AM
post some pics