PDA

View Full Version : Anyone follow Moto GP?AMA/World Superbike? Formula One fans? WRC?

LaserModVee
05-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Just wondering if I am the only one ate up with all of these?

Moto GP-Sick of the 990 cc four stroke Honda's dominating. What happened to Kenny Jr?

AMA Superbike-Nicky Hayden rules! The flattrackers always kick ass!

World Superbike-The Texas Tornado, Colin Edwards still has a chance to get his number one plate back.

Formula One-Ferrari....they should have let Rubens Barrichello win last week, that was BS!

Anyone plan on attending this year's USGP? I went the past two years and plan on always going. It's totally awesome! Screaming V10's @ 15000 rpm is orgasmic.

Boaterbum
05-23-2002, 01:05 AM
Well, I don't follow the races per say, but do like watching them a helluva' lot more than , say, FOOTBALL!!! AMAZING what they can make an engine do lap after lap! I have a Nicky Hayden Leather for the bike, does that count for anything?!?!?! It was for my other bike, the F-4i (600cc Honda) I had to sell....... doesn't quite match with the Green Machine I ride now.... hahaha
later........:D

Capt.Insane-o
05-28-2002, 11:06 PM
I went to the Detroit Grand prix when I was nine, a totally ****ty place to race those cars(They were sucking up the man hole covers and flinging them into the air like flipping a quarter, they had to stop practice and weld all of the manhole covers in place:eek: ) I have'nt been the same since. Ferrari rules, but the B.s. at the last race has to stop. I was really excited for Ruebens.His first win was great to watch, whatta drive! He was bawling like a baby on the podium, That was a happy man!

LaserModVee
05-31-2002, 03:26 PM
My wife is way into F 1 as well, she was beside herself when Michael passed Rubens. I kind of understood, that is how you secure a championship, but it was a sh*tty way to do it. I have a feeling that stuff will come to a halt. Didn't the FIA fine Ferrari for the move? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Capt, you must come to the USGP at Indy this year! It is incredible. Passionate fans from all over the world are there. I have attended just about every form of racing event, and I don't know of a group of fans as into their driver as in F1. These guys are Gods.

I saw a group of Italians proudly carrying a couple twenty or thirty foot poles displaying the Italian flag, the Ferrari flag, and a Schumacher flag. They crossed paths with a group of Fins dressed in McLaren Mercedes/Mika Hakkinen gear, carrying huge poles with their flags. Neither group spoke a lick of each other's language, but when they came face to face, one guy from the Finnish side throws his fist in the air and yells, "HAKKINEN!!!''. The Italians yell, "SCHUMACHER!!!". This went on for five solid minutes!!!