PDA

View Full Version : What lenses on your Canon -> show your pics!

Seven
08-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey photoguys,
i'd like to see your lenses on your Canon and pics made with it! :) (in best case shooten with a Canon EOS 20D)
I'm looking forward to buy a new lens but can't decide which one. I don't have a specific kind of photos i shoot, so i'm looking for an allround zoom and a wideangle.

I still use the EFS 15-55mm which was sold within the camera kit. :(

I guess original Canon lenses are good, are there other producers you can recommend? I don't need highclass-professional-lenses, but it should be still good quality for a non-pro-shooting. And still affordable for personal use :rolleyes:

thanks for helping!
m

Maureen M
08-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Hi Seven -

I pretty much use the 20D exclusively - most of photos from me that you see posted were taken with that body.
I'm packing up for a weekend at Piseco Lake but I'll take some shots of my setup once I'm there.

Where in Germany do you live? I still have family there. :)

Maureen

Shaun K
08-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi Seven -

I pretty much use the 20D exclusively - most of photos from me that you see posted were taken with that body.
I'm packing up for a weekend at Piseco Lake but I'll take some shots of my setup once I'm there.

Maureen

Ohhhhh, its gonna be a canon party ! :D

Scream And Fly
08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
You Canon photogs are all the same. :D :D

Seven
08-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi Seven -

Maureen

Hey Maureen,

do you use original Canon lenses?
I live in Frankfurt and Stuttgart. Where does your family live?

hsbob
08-15-2007, 11:43 AM
get a 18-200 zooms covers a wide rangeof zooms. not the very best len but sure reduces the lens changing and the chance of getting dust into the ccd. if you add a 1.4 or 2.0x converter youll have a 400 lens.

Scream And Fly
08-17-2007, 05:09 PM
For the record (just my preference), if I had a Canon body, I would only buy Canon lenses. Same with Nikon - I only buy Nikon lenses. Maybe I'm too brand-loyal, but it's just my preference. :)

Seven
08-17-2007, 05:18 PM
For the record (just my preference), if I had a Canon body, I would only buy Canon lenses. Same with Nikon - I only buy Nikon lenses. Maybe I'm too brand-loyal, but it's just my preference. :)

Hey Greg,

i just checked out a few lenses from other producers which were cheaper than the originals. And like you're saying i decided that i'll buy an original Canon. Whyever. :rolleyes: But i think i won't do anything wrong with Canon lenses.

hsbob, are the pics still ok with a converter?

Spd-Kilz
08-17-2007, 07:55 PM
:D Yay another Canon thread

My set up

Canon Digital Rebel XT
18-55mm (kit lens)
70-200mm F4 L (zoom lens)
10-22mm (wide angle)

Probably going to ditch the 18-55 and go with a 17-85 when I get some more cash.

Scream And Fly
08-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Chris, next step for you: Learn how to use the camera. LOL, I couldn't help myself. :D:D:D

:D Yay another Canon thread

My set up

Canon Digital Rebel XT
18-55mm (kit lens)
70-200mm F4 L (zoom lens)
10-22mm (wide angle)

Probably going to ditch the 18-55 and go with a 17-85 when I get some more cash.

Spd-Kilz
08-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Okay there Nikon boy:p