PDA

View Full Version : lost my pond

moparbarn
08-07-2007, 08:06 AM
had a killer set up until this past weekend. there is a pond about 300 yards from my house. in the middle of corn feilds and apple orchards-i'm the closest to it. next closest is about 1/4 mile away. no worries about noise. this past sat. nite, some absolute a-holes went out there on atv's and tore the place up. drove all through the corn, smashed into apple trees, looks like they were having a contest to see which one could knock the most fruit down, by ramming them:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: ! total f'ing jerks. the owner got really pissed-rightfully so. now, nobody can go there. i live right next to this place, so i had been helping watch it for him. i was up until about 1:30 am sat. nite, in the garage with the door open. they weren't out there before that time. sunday am, the place was trashed. why do people have to sh#t on other's people's stuff? and ruin things for the rest of us? i hope they get caught, this man WILL prosecute. i'm still going to watch the place, and give him tag #'s, when i can get them. maybe he'll realize i'm on his side, and let me back in. until then, i need water! anybody know of a good pond in FAR NORTH va.? i need one:( . until then, i'm just a frustrated rc boater. man, i hate idiots!

BUSHWACKER
08-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Same here, in fl, they came to the ramp on the Swannie Fri nite after the bars closed were blastin their boom booms, they busted their beer bottles all over the ramp, for no reason, it was a big S&F weekend I cleaned up the mess b4 everyone got there. :mad:

moparbarn
08-07-2007, 02:43 PM
i lived in fla. for 50 years. raised in miami, then 28 years in tallahassee. i know where you are talking about. glad you did what was needed;) . unfortunately, we are surrounded by a-holes - anywhere you go. i live in the sticks, these jokers had to come a ways to f up this man's property/living. he's rich, owns acres & acres of apples, peaches and corn up here. has his own cannery/processing plant, too. it won't hurt his pocket much, but that isn't the point. like i said, if he can learn who it is, he will prosecute, and sue for damages. he's had to do it in the past:mad: , people seem to resent sucess. guess it pisses them off, not having what he does. little minds do stupid sh#t, imo. if he does catch them, it couldn't happen to a better group of losers:D .

Hottrucks
08-07-2007, 07:16 PM
I think you need to go talk to the owner and have a ber with him...Kind of a peace offering and neighborly thing to do!!

moparbarn
08-08-2007, 07:07 AM
this guy is pretty old school/country. not real sure he drinks. but being neighborly, not pushing the pond deal, and just general conversation is going to be my best bet. have to agree with you hottrucks, that will work out best in the long run, pond or not.

Fish
08-08-2007, 07:49 AM
had a killer set up until this past weekend. there is a pond about 300 yards from my house. in the middle of corn feilds and apple orchards-i'm the closest to it. next closest is about 1/4 mile away. no worries about noise. this past sat. nite, some absolute a-holes went out there on atv's and tore the place up. drove all through the corn, smashed into apple trees, looks like they were having a contest to see which one could knock the most fruit down, by ramming them:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: ! total f'ing jerks. the owner got really pissed-rightfully so. now, nobody can go there. i live right next to this place, so i had been helping watch it for him. i was up until about 1:30 am sat. nite, in the garage with the door open. they weren't out there before that time. sunday am, the place was trashed. why do people have to sh#t on other's people's stuff? and ruin things for the rest of us? i hope they get caught, this man WILL prosecute. i'm still going to watch the place, and give him tag #'s, when i can get them. maybe he'll realize i'm on his side, and let me back in. until then, i need water! anybody know of a good pond in FAR NORTH va.? i need one:( . until then, i'm just a frustrated rc boater. man, i hate idiots!

there are motion-detected cameras hunters use and i think they sell them at wally world in the hunting section. Basically set them up and when there is motion, it will snap a pic. I think they are under a hundred bucks and battery operated. Had a friend that caught poachers on his prop with one. might help catch the 4-wheelers, and get ya back in the pond.

moparbarn
08-08-2007, 11:42 AM
fish-this man isn't going to do that. he will probably find out who did it. by then, proving who it was in court might be tough, but he isn't above going face to face with someone. tough old bird, but really straight up guy. where i live, these guys could have come over the mountains from w. va. not very far at all, in a straight line. if you understand "hill country", the other side of the mountain is a whole different universe. word of mouth or bragging at the store might not get back here. wouldn't surprise me if he was to spend the night in a grove, some guy on an atv would just look up, and he'd be standing there with a shotgun:cool: . then they would both wait for the sherrif he already called:D . he could buy a few cameras and move them around, but to cover all his property, he should buy into the company. literally thousands of acres spread out over about 25 miles north and south, can't say about east and west. not one chunk, pieces spread out for a ways.

Stealth Assassin
08-08-2007, 09:32 PM
He should still let you enter the property and run your boat.

Tom Foley
08-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Same thing happens at every place we ride off road bikes ....not trying to generalize here but it seems that stupid america rides four wheelers for the most part !!:eek:

moparbarn
08-09-2007, 05:26 PM
He should still let you enter the property and run your boat.

i think he will, later. right now, corn has got tassles, and apples are close to ready, peachs are ready. when harvest is over, he won't be as concerned about damages to his crop. just the land isn't the issue right now, it's to protect the upcoming harvest. i beleive that's why he said no. if people see 1 person somewhere, it must be ok for everybody. so, right now, it's easier to keep everyone out, imo. hope i'm right:p .

moparbarn
08-16-2007, 09:34 AM
been on the computer looking at aerial photos of my area. find a pond close, i go knock on the door and introduce myself. until last night, no luck. then i looked right under my nose. there's a pond about 100yds. from the back corner of my property. stopped by on the way home. couple was VERY cool about it! no problem, here's our #, call first. husband asked about size and speed, eyes lit up as i described my .21 tunnels. yes, i have spare boats for him. and yes, i will convert him;) ! a little longer and narrower than the last pond, should be fine. and it's closer- no big deal, 200yds vs 300 yds from the driveway. can't wait for this weekend:D :D :D ! get to burn nitro, been 3 weeks, having withdrawals. funny, i never knew nitro was addictive-and i don't even mainline the stuff-YET:eek: .

BUSHWACKER
08-16-2007, 09:44 AM
"Nothing like the smell on NAPALM burning in the morning!" :eek: :D

moparbarn
08-16-2007, 10:35 AM
both a ton o' fun:D :D :D !

Hottrucks
08-16-2007, 07:11 PM
very Kool glad it worked out for ya!!!!!

moparbarn
08-18-2007, 02:45 PM
very Kool glad it worked out for ya!!!!!
you and me both:D . thanx for the good thoughts. never knew this pond was there, couldnt see it for the trees. hell, i spent 2 days putting up fence for our horses back there-never had a clue. love those aerial photos on the web, great pond hunting tool.

moparbarn
08-24-2007, 03:22 PM
went to the neighbor's pond last weekend, had a ball! he came down and watched, got to run travis' (my son) ts2 a little, really seemed to enjoy it. i have set up a spare boat for him to use:cool: , i think he'll buy his own soon. told me they that they were going out of town this weekend, but come on by and use the pond. i use a fishing rod with a rattle trap lure to retrieve dead boats, i caught 2 bass trying to get a boat back:D . plus, off the end of the pond, he has a range set up. i might have somewhere to hunt, too. don't get much better, imo. great people, good neighbors and right next door! couldn't ask for a better outcome to a lousy situation.