PDA

View Full Version : RC boat wanted

Leonard
08-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Whats for sale out there? looking for an entry level rc to get started.

Thanks

Mark Poole ModVP
08-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Depends on what class you want to get into. Outboards are a good entry level class. I am a dealer for HTB tunnel hulls which are not only very competitive in racing but make good starter boats because they handle so good. I also mold my own brand of fiberglass Mod-VP hulls for 3.5 outboards. 3.5 stock outboard is a good class to start because the motors are not expensive, they are not fuel hogs and they are easy to set up.

Mark

PORT
08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Do you have a webpage with pics of boats? Please send me some pics/prices of complete setups. My little guy has mastered the slow beginner electrics and I want to move him to the next level

Frank
CB1100F@OPTONLINE.NET

allison92
08-05-2007, 04:28 PM
i have one i will let go been on water 3 times runs mint looks new 3.5 kand b outboard glow plug igniter and starter every thing needed to run but remote kid put that in bottom of lake.300.00 plus shipping i think motor alone cost that

Stealth Assassin
08-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Mark has a really COOL mod vp v hull! It looks just like the older LTV or STV V hull...

Post a pic Mark!

Jo Boone
08-21-2007, 11:49 PM
I have a couple used boats.... One a good first boat its ep runs about 33mph and a custom glow powerd that runs around 55mph but not a good starter boat. also have a couple used rc cars that are also glow powered that are sitting arond the hobby shop. Or i could order new ones at buyer request. Jo Hobbies...it will be online in oct

Stealth Assassin
08-22-2007, 06:18 AM
I have a couple used boats.... One a good first boat its ep runs about 33mph and a custom glow powerd that runs around 55mph but not a good starter boat. also have a couple used rc cars that are also glow powered that are sitting arond the hobby shop. Or i could order new ones at buyer request. Jo Hobbies...it will be online in oct

Lets see some pics.

oldschoolltv
08-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Mark i saw the article on the mod vp boats and there were no pictures can you post some, it was in the latest r/c boat modeler, I use to have molds for a deeper tunnel bandit and some other styles and would like to see a mod vp and how the handle compared to a true tunnel, Matt

HOTAA1
08-22-2007, 12:28 PM
i have a 1 of a kind tunnel with mtr and will run 60 70 mph! let me know if you would like pictures, thanks allan

Stealth Assassin
08-22-2007, 05:10 PM
i have a 1 of a kind tunnel with mtr and will run 60 70 mph! let me know if you would like pictures, thanks allan

Hell ya! Post'em up... Or send them to collett00@comcast.net and I can get them up...

would like to see a mod vp and how the handle compared to a true tunnel, Matt

I have a mod vp hull I am molding as we speak. Just like the STV hull.

moparbarn
08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
join intlwaters.com. about like signing up here, no biggie. lots of good info and pics/links. quite a few members are 'in the business', and are very willing to help newbies. i agree with starting small. .21 tunnels are plentiful and fairly inexpensive. be careful, most nitro boats are faster than the entry level electrics. when he's ready, they can be made to really run. most everything that works on a full size boat does the same on rc boats. try www.ovalexressracing.com (http://www.ovalexressracing.com), all james does is ob tunnels, very knowledgable and willing to help.

flabum1017
08-25-2007, 04:38 PM
For entry level, I would reccommend a Warehouse Hobbies boat. they are built bullet proof, have a Zenoah weedeater style engine for ease of use and are affordable www.warehousehobbies.com (http://www.warehousehobbies.com)

Tom Foley
09-12-2007, 04:23 AM
I have a Seaducer Mono wth a KB 82 - very little use for sale , excellent fast easy to drive nitro boat . I have way too many boats let me know what level of performance you need . While outboards are very cool , very sensitive to water conditions and wind .

josh7_78
09-20-2007, 05:04 PM
I have a 21" traxxas that runs on NiCad batteries that I've had for a year or two. It is entry level and is ready to run. It goes about 15-20 MPH which is good for how much I paid. If you are interested I would be willing to sell the full set up, boat, stand, controller, and battery. Pm me back if you need anything.

Tom Foley
09-21-2007, 03:54 PM
I have a Seaducer 20 mono , uses a .21 nitro engine . I have a Rossi .21 in it and it runs extremely well and is easy to drive . PM me your e-mail and i'll take a pic for you and send it . RTR with radio 300. 00

Don McGurn
11-25-2007, 06:19 AM
As a beginner, myself, I started with little nitro boats and no one to help me. How frustrating. But I know that I can start my weed eater at home every week, never fails. Get a reliable gas boat. Gas it, run it, put it away.
I have a AM Avenger Pro with a stock Zen G260. Runs mid 40's+. Boat is 2nd from left - white cat. Comes RTR - hull, hardware, engine, tuned pipe, JR XS-3 Radio, JR systhesized RCVR, Hi-tec servos. Hull is "Cut down", this boat was built for racing. $900.00 +shipping
More pics available.
dmcgurn@comcast.net

moparbarn
11-25-2007, 12:41 PM
hey, don, glad to see you made it to s&f! i've raced with don, he's got clean, fast boats.