PDA

View Full Version : Welcome All The International Boaters

Jay Smith
08-03-2007, 11:26 AM
GREAT to have you guys join the Scream and Fly family .....Hopefully this board will serve as a forum home for you to discuss all your Hi Per boating issues and needs and also information sharing in regarding to the sport in your respective countrys and or upcoming events that needs to be announced..

BTW : Don't hesitate to join the other forums as we are all one big family with a common interest , theres lots of information to be shared and a place where you guys can enter discussion and share information, here on Scream and Fly ALL ARE WELCOME ! ! !

Jay @ JSRE

Eugene Cleap
08-03-2007, 01:17 PM
wow thanks!

robert j garner
08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks Jay alot of us brits need a new home.:D

rob 21

Eugene Cleap
08-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks Jay alot of us brits need a new home.:D

rob 21

will you go back if re-opened?:confused:

BluFin
08-03-2007, 02:41 PM
It's not a case of going back , it's a case of expanding what we already have. some superb technical content here.

Just be a floosie go out with both..............................

Jay Smith
08-03-2007, 02:48 PM
The THANKS needs to go to GREG ( Scream and Fly site owner ) I just brought forth the need to Greg he acted to help you guys and further the sport...

Cheers,

Eugene Cleap
08-03-2007, 03:00 PM
It's not a case of going back , it's a case of expanding what we already have. some superb technical content here.

yup but S&F has always been here for the superb tech content??

my Q to rob21 was aimed at him because he was one of the guys defending JSRE on boatymad;)

gazza
08-03-2007, 03:08 PM

I'll be going out with both if Jon comes back, i fact i'll be a tart as i'm Blinddog on Ribnet too that be three together,
Blufin is that Midas cat in the water and running ok now as i was watching the progress on BM, i had C68 White / Campbell cat up till last year, owned it for 10 years got from Scott and Adam younger ( K4 now) great fun.

BluFin
08-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Well it was sort of going well till all the wet weather couldn't do a thing in the last two months. Been out there on it tonight just cleaning it up & and trying to get back to where i was before the heavens opened. hopefully no rain over the next week I'll get the top coats on. cocoon down & move it to a better position for the rig thats remaining. free time is the killer but the Mrs has the bro with her for the next two weeks :D So that should help out a lot & wont need the ear defenders

gazza
08-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Stick at it, it'll be worth it, i went to a ring 20 (not impressed, but to be fair it is a 80's one newer ones may be better)
I am just about to start work on a Burgess f3 cat,(wood) but if a larger cat like yours came up again i will have another, i think the problem these days is getting one with the wood still good condition.
The ring is being sold at the begining of next year, to be replaced with sometime interesting.
Our Four winns is ideal for the family ski / pleasure boat.
If i remember your boat is the Double m music boat, if it is i have some 35 mm photos of it from the late 80's i got from Adam a few years ago.

Scream And Fly
08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks Jay, and everyone. Remember this section's growth is all up to you guys. If there's more interest, I'll expand on it. :)

BluFin
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
The 80's one would have been it's predecessor the 23 or was it a 21 Gorodon Wright Build. identical paint.
Will keep my ears open, Lucky the Midas is excellent as it was all epoxyed inside & mark kept it indoors which is a big help.

Fish
08-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Welcome to S&F!! There are several guys I see from time to time pop up here that are frequent fliers on BM. Glad to have you guys.

cheers,

fish

robert j garner
08-04-2007, 07:44 AM
Hi Eugene yes i would go back on boatmad i just thought it was a unnescessary attack on jay smith when he seemed to only ever be trying to help people with good advice any work he was picking up was on the back of his reputation and i did not see him having to tout for work so why have to pay to post. all imho.

Rob 21

BluFin
08-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Dont think I should happy to read though. Nothing wrong with rules & guidelines as long as they are applied with an even hand. Others were recommend some even by moderators yet that passed without comment .
Still water under the bridge and things have moved on

Eugene Cleap
08-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi Eugene yes i would go back on boatmad i just thought it was a unnescessary attack on jay smith when he seemed to only ever be trying to help people with good advice any work he was picking up was on the back of his reputation and i did not see him having to tout for work so why have to pay to post. all imho.

Rob 21

so everyone else who helps other boatmadders out with advise but also managed to pick up work shouldnt be eligible to pay either then? and the folk that do pay wont mind that at all will they????

Jay Smith
08-04-2007, 03:40 PM
The FACTS are :

Work that was "picked up" from Brits by JSRE was from Scream and Fly and word of mouth from satisified customers just chatting on BM NOT an advertise campain by me. I had already built 3 motors for Brits last year before I was invited by a BMer to join in on discussion on the BM site ...I never pushed JSRE products and motors off on BMer's the satisified customers did all the talking and praising ( BTW: Thanks for the kind words) all I did was try to help some few out which by the private E-Mail responces I was successfull ... Thats all that matters, life at JSRE will continue and most business I successpect will be from word of mouth and Scream and Fly wheather BM exists or not...

Glad for you all to come over and share the Scream and Fly board and you guys new forum we truely WELCOME you..You will be treated with digtney and respect here and you will be able to speak your mind and share information freely ..

Good luck,
Cheers,
Jay @ JSRE

robert j garner
08-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Eugene You asked a question i answered it i thought thats how forums worked how about telling me the name that you use on boatmad so i know who i am talking to.

Rob21

Scream And Fly
08-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Guys, please remember that we're not competing with Boatmad - we've always catered to boaters from around the world, and many of our readers are from the UK. I have received several requests for an area for our UK readers, so this is basically why it exists. As I mentioned, if this section is basically your home - if it grows, I'll add to it. All up to you :)

I appreciate you all stopping by!

Greg

Wild Thing UK
08-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi All
Thank you to S&F for making a UK section.

woodduck
08-24-2007, 02:22 AM
:) Hehehe, yeah, keep the poms in their own section!

Great timberwork on that cat Bluefin.

Oly
10-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Jay thanks for the welcome and Greg for the creation of this section offcourse. I know there are a lot of guys from Holland, like myself viewing this forum. :)

Wild Thing UK
10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
well I think I got knobbled from boatmad.com for having an opinion on a splashed phantom thread, could be wrong so hope you guys dont mind me jumping in over here.:)

Oly
10-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Good fun reading that thread :P

Wild Thing UK
10-24-2007, 04:01 PM
I think it should be called phantom sad . com ahh well if thats the way it is, so be it.

The Big Al
10-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey don't they have topless beaches in the UK?

They say, Morfa Dyffryn, UK is rated number one in the world!

O, I can see I started something!

Yea, gonna like this thread!

HA HA

Al

Martin W
10-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Jay thanks for the welcome... i hear alot of good things about you :) and any advice is MOST WELCOME...

Greg, thanks for making this forum available.

I am new to the boating sceen, bought my first boat in may this year was a Ring 21 with a 225 yamaha on the back thought it was fantastic but the wife didnt like it as we were being thrown around too much when bigger boats went passed and her confidence was not and is not the highest at the best of times.

Have now upgraded to a 26 foot Puma Cat and took delivery a few weeks ago, needs some work (which im not best at :confused: have never liked getting my hands dirty)... Blufin has given me some great advice and help and the lads from BM have made the usual sarky comments which is fun.

Looking forward to getting advice and lots more here so Thanks again Jay and Greg.

Look out next year on the Solent two cats running.....

BluFin
10-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey don't they have topless beaches in the UK

Yep, Mostly a couple of oranges in socks or fried eggs but there are a few exceptions :D

gazza
10-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Yep, Mostly a couple of oranges in socks or fried eggs but there are a few exceptions :D

Too cold up ere Scotland for that carry on if it did happen there would be plenty hooks to hang the beach towels on!!

Madmaxxx
01-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Gracias Jay por la bienvenida , saludos desde Argentina
Madmaxxx

BluFin
01-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Oh it's summer down there. Most of us Uk boaters have hidden for the winter hence it's a bit quiet

gazza
01-18-2008, 12:58 PM
When are you planning the launch then John?
Must be soon now
gaZ

BluFin
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
right up to my doh dads with work at the moment so not a lot of time, waiting on trim hoses at the moment, then I can bleed the trim & connect the motor for a fire up

aeneas
02-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Thank you S&F for the welcome! Quite a few scandinavians on this forum too...

gammabusa
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Thank you S&F for the welcome!

Another scandinavian.......................

philmyrna_shakesby
05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Final note. Lets not "run on" like I've seen done on S&F. A Have no flywheel holder" went on for I think 48 hits! Iadmit I was one telling him "buy one but not a cheepy" Lastly, lets behave like gentlemen even if we do dissagree. Life's too short.Race hard, play hard, it can all be good fun. Right, off me soap box, goin fishin'. Phil.

Jay Smith
05-07-2009, 05:05 AM
You have PM

Jay

philmyrna_shakesby
05-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Sorry if itn sounded a bit "nose up" It wasn't ment to but some of the guys geta bit personal. Anyway the sight in my opinion is the best thing since sliced bread! I have to do something as Ive lost the use of my R ankle. Now I cant work in a shop on the floor so teaching is an option, providing spelling and computers arnt involved, too much. Thanks again for the sight and the opportunity to use it. Cheers Phil.

Jay Smith
05-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Its GREAT to have you aboard Phil..............Thanks for sharing your knowledge !

Jay

philmyrna_shakesby
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
:leaving:I was writing to you and then off it went. Try again.I may as well pass it on otherwise it will be lost:(Ken Finlay's Liquidnirvana sight is well worth a look. I'm helping him with a bit of input when I was at Second Effort and met Garry and Charlie Strang who still replies to my E mails. What a pitty BRP's directors can't find the time or even agknowlage(where is the "spell check?") leters dvd's sent etc.The sight is a history of OMC and that is where you'll see some of Kens work, in Evinrudes 09 brochure! If people like Ken and I don't put it down it will be lost and the people like Strang Mr K. Garry. They and others have mage the industry what it is and in some cases talking to Charlie, what it isn't. When he left in89 they had "well over half the market" "Howmy 4successors asCEO managed over the next10or 11 years to reduce the marketshare to9 or 10% is beyond me.. with the resultant bankruptcy" When Mr Strang retired the held the Japaneseat about 8%. "sad indeed!" Please don't pass this on as maybe his thoughts and writings to me were not for general "use" Cheers. There is quite a bit more but you'll be able to read that in Liquidnirvana. Could you help? We want to know more about the rotary which was being worked on. OMC bought the rights to develop it without releasing anything to the parent company NSU Wankel. God, look at the time !:o8 AM. Good night, Phil.

Jay Smith
05-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Sorry can't help you on the OMC line of motors ... If I'm cut I'll bleed Mercury BLACK......

Cheers,
Jay

philmyrna_shakesby
05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Do you know of anyone that would, even if they have "black blood" Garry started off working for Mercury long before he started Secound Effort. He was in fact the guy that started the Mercury Hi Performance Dept. He left wanting to be a "bigger wheel" somewhere else. His father told him that in this life you have to make "That Secound Effort" and thats how it all got started:thumbsup:Charlie Strang was Mercuries top desgner, or one of them and close friend of Mr. Carl K. It was Charlies Mum who told him to paint the tall Merc sixes black as this is what tall ladies do to make themselves look less "obtrusive/shorter". Charlie also invented the stern drive, put the idea to Carl who was not interested. The idea was taken to Volvo by Jim Wayne. We know the rest. Charlie did not "addmit" to the stern drive 'till after Carl died. If you're intersested in this kind of stuff the book to read is Iron Fist, the lives of Carl K. That either bored the sh... out of you or you'll by the book. Hope you're no where near those fires or have rellies around there. Cheers Phil:cheers: