PDA

View Full Version : post delet?

dtsblack
08-02-2007, 01:28 AM
i was wondering if my post in the S&F lounge was deleted, not that i was particularly partial to it. but would like to know what was done wrong so i dont repeat my mistake.

whipper
08-02-2007, 01:51 AM
There is a post of yours on the lounge is it not the one? Something about a weber book?;) Make your self a buddy and you can just left click your name on the left side of every page your on then see all your posts. Thats the easyest way to find were youve been.:) James

Fish
08-02-2007, 07:30 AM
which one was it? You can also click the little green dot next to your name and scroll down to "find all posts by user" which should help you find your old posts. Sometimes they get moved, sometimes they just end up several pages back due to activity of the site... and sometimes they get nuked... but when that happens, most folks could have probably seen it coming.;)

dtsblack
08-02-2007, 10:49 AM
thanks for the replies,

it was a thread i started titled "recycled toilet paper?" it was a picture of a brand new pack of recycled toilet paper from publix, and when opening the pack, one of the rolls had a stain on it from the manufacturer. pretty gnarly, but thought it was funny because it was recycled both in materials and it looked like some one had already used it. like i wrote, its not a big deal but if i did something wrong i would like to know so i dont do it again. perhaps the picture was to big?

BUSHWACKER
08-02-2007, 03:21 PM
The moderators can delete and or move posts if they desire, may be because of somone else got nasty after your post, so it all goes. Also I'm pretty sure if your the 1st poster if you delete your post it MAY wipe out them all.

dtsblack
08-04-2007, 01:05 PM
well, i wrote an e-mail to the admin 2 days ago asking what i had asked here and haven't heard back.... oh well guess it might have been a mistake

Maureen M
08-12-2007, 10:01 PM
hi dtsblack -

I think Bushwacker has it right on this one, I believe some of the replies were going a little too far on that thread.
Someone else posted that pic another time and got the same type of replies. :rolleyes:

Maureen

dtsblack
08-13-2007, 09:57 PM
hi dtsblack -

I think Bushwacker has it right on this one, I believe some of the replies were going a little too far on that thread.
Someone else posted that pic another time and got the same type of replies. :rolleyes:

Maureen
Hello,
First off thank you for the reply, albeit a bit late, for i have re-posted the picture from my camera. I'm not sure what you mean by someone else posted that pic another time. i also had asked Greg, the admin, via e-mail and these posts with no reply other then him writing " sometimes when a post is deleted people think it means repost it." which i thought was a bit rude given i had asked him why it was deleted with no reply what so ever, suggesting that i was at fault for the deletion. Water under the bridge i say.:cool:

Fish
08-14-2007, 06:40 AM
Hello,
First off thank you for the reply, albeit a bit late, for i have re-posted the picture from my camera. I'm not sure what you mean by someone else posted that pic another time. i also had asked Greg, the admin, via e-mail and these posts with no reply other then him writing " sometimes when a post is deleted people think it means repost it." which i thought was a bit rude given i had asked him why it was deleted with no reply what so ever, suggesting that i was at fault for the deletion. Water under the bridge i say.:cool:

Dude, don't get your panties in a wad. This is an all ages boating site. A post about having a crap stain on some used toilet paper you bought is probably funny for a second, but when the ensuing comments continue to take it downwards, it gets a little far away from the "this is an all ages boating site."

There are members wives, girl friends, and kids who also post on here and Greg and the moderators try hard to keep it a boating site that everyone can feel comfortable coming to without worrying about the content of the site. Additionally, there are sponsors who pay money to have their brands associated with this site. That is because S&F is the biggest and best Hipo boating site by far. Do you really think they would be stoked about your crap stained TP thread with their banner next to it, especially as it spiraled downward? They are one of the reasons S&F is free to members where other sites charge for membership... is your crap thread that important that you want to run some of them off?

While i don't think it was a horrible thread, don't come back with an attitude or like you are some sort of victim of the site because Greg or any of the other moderators do not jump to further explain deleting what common sense should have told you in the first place.

If it is about boats, especially outboards, it probably will not get deleted. If it involves nudity, profanity, vulgarity...etc, it probably will get deleted. If you were sitting at your computer and had a kid next to you and you would not want them to see it or read it, it probably will get deleted. It is an all ages boating site, and my impression is that the people who run it do not want to make anyone feel like they cannot enjoy the content, or be associated with it.

Just my opinion having been here a while, seen a few things, and had a couple posts deleted myself.

dtsblack
08-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Dude, don't get your panties in a wad.
.....There are members wives, girl friends, and kids ...

.... don't come back with an attitude or like you are some sort of victim of the site because Greg or any of the other moderators do not jump to further explain deleting ....what common sense should have told you in the first place....

first off i think your out of line and some statements are unfounded, my only conclusion is that you dont have kids but do have some brown stuff on your nose and not the rust or old blood (like in the picture)kind of brown and thats all i have to say to you until you read all posts concerning this issue . good luck with that brain thing you got there. i also think you have a computer crush on maureen ;)

Fish
08-14-2007, 12:32 PM
first off i think your out of line and some statements are unfounded, my only conclusion is that you dont have kids but do have some brown stuff on your nose and not the rust or old blood (like in the picture)kind of brown and thats all i have to say to you until you read all posts concerning this issue . good luck with that brain thing you got there. i also think you have a computer crush on maureen ;)

I will try to get by with that brain thing I have; BTW, Delete has an "e" on the end of the word.

stokernick
08-14-2007, 12:42 PM
how did this site ever survive before dtsblack???he's all your's Fish,cuz Phastboat's not around!!!

dtsblack
08-14-2007, 01:01 PM
how did this site ever survive before dtsblack???he's all your's Fish,cuz Phastboat's not around!!!

what do you mean?

Hot Shot Merc
08-14-2007, 07:14 PM
He meens your a dumbass and to even argue for a minute with Fish will get you nowhere.He made a valid point and you should just forget you ever posted that stupid crap to begin with.:rolleyes:

dtsblack
08-14-2007, 07:29 PM
He meens your a dumbass and to even argue for a minute with Fish will get you nowhere.He made a valid point and you should just forget you ever posted that stupid crap to begin with.:rolleyes:

i think your great. could you tell me the point he made and how its relevant to this post of mine?
thank you for your time,

Fish
08-15-2007, 05:36 AM
i think your great. could you tell me the point he made and how its relevant to this post of mine?
thank you for your time,

What part do you not understand; the explanation of why your posts was deleted or the pointing out taking shots at the site owner or the moderators (including the deleted posts) is not going to get you very far with most of the folks here?

dtsblack
08-15-2007, 09:22 AM
.... the pointing out taking shots at the site owner or the moderators (including the deleted posts) is not going to get you very far with most of the folks here?

well, try this one first.

The 1 Upper
08-15-2007, 11:56 AM

I agree :p

Fish
08-15-2007, 07:11 PM
well, try this one first.

Rhetorical question Einstein.:rolleyes:

dtsblack
08-15-2007, 08:48 PM
What part do you not understand; the pointing out taking shots at the site owner or the moderators (including the deleted posts)
what shots have been fired?