PDA

View Full Version : 2 Batterys 12 Volts

lolmann
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
To hook up 2 batterys for 12 volts...I just run a jumper from ...

+ to + and - to -....right?

And when I charge them with my charger just leave them hooked up and it will charge both. Or do i need to charge seperate?

moparbarn
06-27-2007, 02:02 PM
worked fine like that for me.

AIRWALK
gettin' old ain't for sissies

150aintenuff
06-27-2007, 04:44 PM
without a switch heres what I do...... Positive to engine on 1 battery, Engine NEG on other, and jump + to + and - to -... this ensires the current MUST travel through both battries and thus garrantees an equal charge across the entire bank.. otherwise the switch takes place of the jumper on the possitive side

Astro
06-27-2007, 08:59 PM
to answer your question,yes. pos to pos and neg to neg will give you 12volts with 2 batts. to net 24 volts with two batts jump the neg of batt 1 to pos of batt two, use pos of batt1 and neg of batt two to connect to device, ie trolling motor.

hope this helps

larry

trashy
06-28-2007, 07:15 AM
without a switch heres what I do...... Positive to engine on 1 battery, Engine NEG on other, and jump + to + and - to -... this ensires the current MUST travel through both battries and thus garrantees an equal charge across the entire bank.. otherwise the switch takes place of the jumper on the possitive side
Actually it doesn't really matter because they are electrically the same via the jumpers. As long as they are connected in parallel (+ to + and - to -).;)

hsbob
07-10-2007, 10:26 AM
more or less the charging will do both batteries, but they should be identical and with the same manufacture date[ if possible].