PDA

View Full Version : Rooster Tails

mcallan
06-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Years ago (many) there was a thing called Rooster tails. They sold them by the pair so I am told, and they skimmed the surface of the water and shot a rooster tail up in the air. Well my customer wants me to try and find him a set to put on his 1956 SwitzerCraft. If anybody knows were to buy or some resemblance to build let me know. Thanks. Mike

150aintenuff
06-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Years ago (many) there was a thing called Rooster tails. They sold them by the pair so I am told, and they skimmed the surface of the water and shot a rooster tail up in the air. Well my customer wants me to try and find him a set to put on his 1956 SwitzerCraft. If anybody knows were to buy or some resemblance to build let me know. Thanks. Mike

i would think it would be something like a speedo pickup tube but longer and flattened out rather than round.... that hung below the hull.. just a guess..

mcallan
06-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Ya similar idea. He said that they were about 4 inches wide 1/2 inch deep and about six inches long, and were adjustable to sink further into water. I can make water ROOSTER TAIL above the boat with a piece of 1/2 inch copper pipe flatened out on one end, but it does not look very pretty to take to the Muskoka Boat Show. LOL

Spudman
06-16-2007, 09:36 PM

Hey Mike,
I am a boat collector nut, I have the exact set you are talking about (actually 2 sets, one in box with instructions and 1 set seperate, both new) but I plan on putting a set on my Mahogany Flat-Bottom Outboard thats just about done and the others in box for my display case. I bought the 1st set off ebay and the guy had another set not in the box, I paid thru the nose. Can't remember what I paid but I will check. Let me know if I can help with measurements.
Spudman

mcallan
06-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Spudman that would be great if you could give me the dimensions. Thanks so much.

The Big Al
06-17-2007, 06:25 PM
There was a old Centry boat for in Denver NC that had those on the back.

I laughed at the things, man if I only knew!

Boat was trashed and cut up and put in the dump.

Spudman
06-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Spudman that would be great if you could give me the dimensions. Thanks so much.

Hey Mike,
As long as they are going to a good use, rather than the 2nd set sitting in my display case, I will look @ what they cost me on Monday, if we can work something out, I am sure they will be cheaper than the time to duplicate and they will come a copy of the instructions. They are pretty nifty pieces and new with Rooster Tails stamped on them..... PM me your # and I will call ya and/or send you my #.
Brian

mcallan
06-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey Brian. Ya they are for one of my customers, who is pulling his switzercraft out of a long sleep for the Muskoka boat show here in Ontario. It is the year of the outboard. He is a Doctor from New York so if he can buy a set he will probably go for it. This guy is a boat freak through and through. New built copy of a 1950's Hacker, perfectly restored Peterborough runabout. This Switzercraft either 1953 0r 56 can't remember. My Email at work is Mike@thompsonsmarina.com if you are ever in the need for some old evinrude/johnson parts send me an email, we have been a dealer since 1934 and do have some old stuff still in stock. Send me off and email and let me know what those are worth and I will let you know ASAP. Thanks Again. You have been an awesome help.

Spudman
06-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Hey Brian. Ya they are for one of my customers, who is pulling his switzercraft out of a long sleep for the Muskoka boat show here in Ontario. It is the year of the outboard. He is a Doctor from New York so if he can buy a set he will probably go for it. This guy is a boat freak through and through. New built copy of a 1950's Hacker, perfectly restored Peterborough runabout. This Switzercraft either 1953 0r 56 can't remember. My Email at work is Mike@thompsonsmarina.com if you are ever in the need for some old evinrude/johnson parts send me an email, we have been a dealer since 1934 and do have some old stuff still in stock. Send me off and email and let me know what those are worth and I will let you know ASAP. Thanks Again. You have been an awesome help.

Hey Mike,
You have an e-mail, let me know....
Brian