PDA

View Full Version : R/C STV mod vp

Stealth Assassin
06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
*PICS OF ROUGH BUILD*I have been working on this 24" hull the last week. I had great plans with a design engineer to measure my STV ski bottom and give me drawings In 2d and 3d but, he took my money and ran basically. he did not even leave me with measurements or not even the first scratch drawing. I paid him a good bit of money too. So, I got a wild hair, got alot of bottom pics from anthonyss, took some of my own and dove In. I had to make some changes for R/C electric power. There will be a slip cover made for the rudder that will look like a 260 cowl with a offshore mid. ;) I am about ready to Install the hardware and start testing. After I get It where I want It I will make a glass mold to lay up gel coat hulls for STV fans.

Keep In mind I still have some shaping/sanding to do.

Feel free to pm me some constructive critcism.

Thanks,
Derrick
collett00@comcast.net
After this one Is done I plan on making a larger version for a 260 gas powered hull.

A taste of the ski bottom.

Gen 1
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/DSCF00361-1.png

Gen 2
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/random021.jpg

moparbarn
06-13-2007, 06:54 AM
nice looking hull! is it patterned after something real? or all you own ideas. if you get to building them, could you lay on up with a strong enough transom for nitro ob's? BTW, i hope to see my red ts2 from bill today or tomorrow:D .

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
06-13-2007, 08:36 AM
It Is built just like the STV mod vp. It also has a set back very strong transum. I am finishing the top and then I will post some more pics.

moparbarn
06-13-2007, 09:19 AM
keep me posted, i'm interested in one, if reasonable enough, i'm cheap:D. i know small production runs cost more per piece, not trying to beat you up, before you even build it. as long as i don't feel like i'm being raped, i'm cool. ups came a few minutes ago, i have a red ts2.

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
No comments or Interest???

AV300x
06-13-2007, 07:02 PM
thats sharp..

Stealth Assassin
06-13-2007, 07:05 PM
thats sharp..

Thanks I will post some pics of the top just as soon as I finish the pharing. If there are any Interest, let me know.

chynewalkr
06-13-2007, 07:19 PM
very nice work! that must have taken a loooong time. i built a hst model 2 years ago out of blue house insulation. I was in process of making it a plug when I found out the hard way laquer and foam dont mix!:(

Stealth Assassin
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
very nice work! that must have taken a loooong time. i built a hst model 2 years ago out of blue house insulation. I was in process of making it a plug when I found out the hard way laquer and foam dont mix!:(

HAHA.. Trail and error! But, you can use polyester or epoxy with cabisil added over the blue foam. I have done It. I made the one piece glass and gel coat hatch for thr green hydro In my signature and used a partial foam plug.

Fish
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
man, that is really cool!!! I can't even imagine how much work that must have been. Can't wait to see the finished product, and if you plan on selling them, I would like to get in line for one too.

Stealth Assassin
06-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I plan on selling a few. You can also rig a nitro powered outboard to this setback transum. I like the electric power with a brushed motor and 12 cells! or brushless...

They can be set up for a one pass all out drag at 132' or just to play around the pond with.

mxz
06-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Very cool!!! Approx how much would an electric turn key one be for playing around on the pond?

ProComp
06-13-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't know anything about RC boats but if its STV its for me! Can't wait to see the top side. Keep in mind I want a RiverRocket Version! LOL

Stealth Assassin
06-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I am not sure on any prices yet... But, It will be a glass hull and I can lay up a hull with any color gel coat or primed ready for paint.

Stealth Assassin
06-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Another pic before shaping/sanding and epoxy coating.

stvhelm
06-14-2007, 06:22 AM
thats cool. I would be interested in one. I have a nitro .45 outboard for it.

Stealth Assassin
06-14-2007, 07:40 AM
thats cool. I would be interested in one. I have a nitro .45 outboard for it.

A .45 hmmm... I am not sure If the 24" version 1 will take that big of an outboard just yet but, I will be making two differant other sizes once I get around to It. I had to make changes to the transum width for my power/hardware goals at 24".

Version 1 Is for small eletric power or small/medium nitro Inboard/outboard power.

Version 2 just might be big enough to run a inboard gasser.

The coolest part Is the rudder will have a merc 260 cowling and a offshore mid with water that comes out of the back.:cool:

stvhelm
06-14-2007, 07:50 AM
My son has a Villian EX maybe we can swap the guts out of. But I'll tell you this if it floats with the .45, its going on;)

Fish
06-14-2007, 08:02 AM
A .45 hmmm... I am not sure If the 24" version 1 will take that big of an outboard just yet but, I will be making two differant other sizes once I get around to It. I had to make changes to the transum width for my power/hardware goals at 24".

Version 1 Is for small eletric power or small/medium nitro Inboard/outboard power.

Version 2 just might be big enough to run a inboard gasser.

The coolest part Is the rudder will have a merc 260 cowling and a offshore mid with water that comes out of the back.:cool:

This is sounding sooooo cool!!!!

Stealth Assassin
06-14-2007, 08:03 AM
My son has a Villian EX maybe we can swap the guts out of. But I'll tell you this if it floats with the .45, its going on;)

HAHAHAHA! Sounds like a racer at heart to me!:D

Stealth Assassin
06-14-2007, 08:07 AM
This is sounding sooooo cool!!!!

I think so to.;) I have been planing this since last summer and had some even bigger better plans with the design engineer BUT,,, I am starting here from scratch.:cool:

KG4
06-14-2007, 01:22 PM
You are doing one hell of a job.It looks great please post some pics when she is done.

Stealth Assassin
06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
You are doing one hell of a job.It looks great please post some pics when she is done.

Thanks! I will, just sitting here waiting on some hardware...:(

moparbarn
06-14-2007, 02:02 PM
HAHAHAHA! Sounds like a racer at heart to me!:D
24" is the same size as my dumas hot shot sprint (abs). pretty crazy with a hot/modded 3.5 ob:D . your 24" stv will be insane with a 7.5! but maybe just right:cool: . if common laws of physics can explain it, then it ain't fast enough. i'm definately interested in an ob version. 9 boats, and they're all 3.5 ob tunnels, no sense in stopping now.

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
06-14-2007, 02:08 PM
24" is the same size as my dumas hot shot sprint (abs). pretty crazy with a hot/modded 3.5 ob:D . your 24" stv will be insane with a 7.5! but maybe just right:cool: . if common laws of physics can explain it, then it ain't fast enough. i'm definately interested in an ob version. 9 boats, and they're all 3.5 ob tunnels, no sense in stopping now.

AIRWALK

Someone send me some specs on the dimensions needed for the transum, where to mount the servo and fuel cell placement on one of those hulls so I can make adjustments where needed.

I can make a differant deck and use the same bottom.

Little Jon
06-14-2007, 04:40 PM
let us know if it sinks or not.. how much would you sell one for :D:p

stvhelm
06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
I have an old prather 32" racing tunnel. I'd like to just unbolt the radio box and move it over. The new hull just needs an open slot to drop the whole thing in. i have to measure the width but its about 2.5 inches wide and about 10" long. The transom jackplate is about 2''x 2"

oldschoolltv
06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
more pics please, Rich Junker made a mod vp bottom once but never finished it I think, out of a Hotshot .21 or something that looks like the real deal only smaller, Matt

baja200merk
06-14-2007, 05:05 PM
kool stuff!!! you gotta get a k&b outboard or atleast a little electric outboard, forget that inboard crap.

Stealth Assassin
06-14-2007, 05:45 PM
kool stuff!!! you gotta get a k&b outboard or atleast a little electric outboard, forget that inboard crap.

:rolleyes: Inboard r/c crap rocks bro...;)

Little Jonlet us know if it sinks or not.. how much would you sell one for :D:p

I don't have a price yet.

stvhelmI have an old prather 32" racing tunnel. I'd like to just unbolt the radio box and move it over. The new hull just needs an open slot to drop the whole thing in. i have to measure the width but its about 2.5 inches wide and about 10" long. The transom jackplate is about 2''x 2"

The transum height at this time Is 1 3/8" tall by 3" wide.

I can drop the transum down on one of the first few I make after I mold the first one. No problem.
I have the transum up a bit for a adjustable strut and the transum still has that angle to the bottom of It. It's cool.

I have a friend has tunnel with a outboard. I will call him and get him to bring It by to measure.

I can change up the deck a bit If it where for a outboard but, the rudder will have a merc cowl...

Little Jon
06-14-2007, 07:28 PM
alright im gonna start saving my pennys now :)

Stealth Assassin
06-14-2007, 07:33 PM
alright im gonna start saving my pennys now :)

Great... I am putting alot of work In these.

Little Jon
06-14-2007, 08:08 PM
are you gonna power them also?

Stealth Assassin
06-14-2007, 08:18 PM
are you gonna power them also?

I can either way. No problem...;)

Little Jon
06-14-2007, 08:34 PM
all i need is numbers.... whatever you think is best is most likely whati will say. i will have to stayon this thread to learn about some of this stuff. This is a little different than the old rc cars i use to play with.

Little Jon
06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
i just dont want it to go this fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGyqsdneaPE&mode=related&search=

:D

Stealth Assassin
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
i just dont want it to go this fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGyqsdneaPE&mode=related&search=

:D

:eek: Holy hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

racer
06-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I found that using an end mill and solid material works good and saves a lot of time if planning to build a mold, I have done a couple that way one 30 inches and the other 36

Little Jon
06-14-2007, 10:19 PM
lol thats what i said, hahahaha, i thought it was slow at first buy dayum lol

moparbarn
06-15-2007, 06:46 AM
here's some dimensions off 3 of my boats:
dumas hot shot-3'' W X 2 3/4" H X 3 7/8" TTT
top speed-2 7/8" W X 2 1/2" H X 3" TTT
top speed 2-2 3/8" W X 2 3/4" H X 3 1/2" TTT
height and width are the actual transom/ motor mount area sizes, and TTT(to the top) is from the table to the top of the transom, with the bottom of the rear of the sponsons on the table/total height. these are all tunnels, so height is from top of tunnel to top of transom. hope this helps.

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
06-15-2007, 10:17 AM
I got my hardware this morning to finish setting the driveline up for testing. Hopefully this weekend.;)

moparbarn
06-15-2007, 12:36 PM
you mean we gotta wait until monday!!! good luck, hope it runs straight and fast.

AIRWALK

Redneck
06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Im interested in something like this. Either nitro outboard or brushless electric outboard would be fun. Got to see what if I still have my nitro outboard stuff. My old 7.5 had trim and a jackplate that was controled by the radio. Took me forever to make it all work right, so Im sure I didnt get rid of it. If you make a Liberator I would be all over it too.

Stealth Assassin
06-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Im interested in something like this. Either nitro outboard or brushless electric outboard would be fun. Got to see what if I still have my nitro outboard stuff. My old 7.5 had trim and a jackplate that was controled by the radio. Took me forever to make it all work right, so Im sure I didnt get rid of it. If you make a Liberator I would be all over it too.

Those are my plans Redneck! Nobody has ever made the scale boats like these before.

moparbarnyou mean we gotta wait until monday!!! good luck, hope it runs straight and fast.

AIRWALKToday 10:17 AM

I don't think It will break any records but, It should be fun enough!;)

Redneck
06-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Thats why Im interested. You never see scale tunnels like the boats we own. There are scale versions of race hydo's, but not anything like a boat I own, or will own. If you are able to do a good price (not meaning cheap, but not too high) I will get one from you. If nothing more, it will go on my mantle as a conversation piece. The old hydo I had, I kind of dressed it up closer to a production boat, then made a cowl for the motor that looked like the old 2.5 260 cowl. It was a little too big, but it got the boat more attention than anything. The guy who bought it from me didnt want it running, just a display, so I made a fake motor for it that looked like a 15" offshore mid Merc. External cable steer and everything. Only reason I sold was the boat didnt look right to me. Something like this I would really like.

moparbarn
06-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Those are my plans Redneck! Nobody has ever made the scale boats like these before.

moparbarnyou mean we gotta wait until monday!!! good luck, hope it runs straight and fast.

AIRWALKToday 10:17 AM

I don't think It will break any records but, It should be fun enough!;)
isn't that the point? if it isn't fun anymore, find something that is! this stuff is still a ton o' fun to me:D :cool: :D :D ! enjoy.

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
06-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Hardware has been fitted, a little epoxy and I should have her on the water sunday or monday...;)

Stealth Assassin
06-20-2007, 10:45 AM

moparbarn
06-20-2007, 11:13 AM
i hope the changes are for a cockpit and motor fairing(for my ob power), kinda reminds me of a coffin now:D . let us know how it went at the pond today.

Stealth Assassin
06-20-2007, 12:32 PM
i hope the changes are for a cockpit and motor fairing(for my ob power), kinda reminds me of a coffin now:D . let us know how it went at the pond today.

Haha... Yeah the pharing Is kinda square but, I had to make room for Inboard power. The transum Is probally just about large enough for the outboard.

Stealth Assassin
06-20-2007, 12:43 PM
If It where made to run just outboard power It could be more scale around the freeboard.

The top Is the hardest part to scale when trying to pack In a motor and cells with a servo also.

Stealth Assassin
06-20-2007, 10:20 PM
She was under powered and can take alot more!

Bullet Basser
06-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Really cool!!! Keep it up!

moparbarn
06-21-2007, 07:41 AM
very nice first run! i know a lot of thought and experience went into the set up, for a 'guesstamate" of where it needed to be, but that's sweet. a little wet, but turns and tracks well in a straight line. looked like it handled the wakes and air really well. for no test and tune session, that's nice. figure out what an ob hull is goiong to cost. probably need 2-1 more for my son. keep us posted, and enjoy:D .

AIRWALK
gettin' old ain't for sissies

Stealth Assassin
06-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks,
The cells killed me and where old. With the low power of the cells she was running a little wet but, I know that the hull design works preety good scaled down for the first run .;) :cool:

I can really step up some more power on this hull...

ProComp
06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks,
The cells killed me and where old. With the low power of the cells she was running a little wet but, I know that the hull design works preety good scaled down for the first run .;) :cool:

I can really step up some more power on this hull...

:D Just like the real ones! :) Next time trying making circles in the other direction as I am pretty sure STVs were designed to turn left. ;)
Great project!

Redneck
06-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Looks bad azz man. Throw a 7.5 outboard on it and lets see what it will do.

Stealth Assassin
06-21-2007, 11:00 AM
:D Just like the real ones! :) Next time trying making circles in the other direction as I am pretty sure STVs were designed to turn left. ;)
Great project!

Yeah that's weird because model boaters race turning right... It's the rotation of the prop.

Stealth Assassin
06-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Does the hull design look worthy enough for a mold? PM me any thoughts.;)

Derrick

moparbarn
06-22-2007, 06:47 AM
stealth, show me a pic of the transom. and the dimensions of the motor mount area, and from the table to the top of the transom. that way i can see if available mounts/jackplates will work ok. now get your a** busy on a proper cowling:D . do you think you should get more power in what you have, before you pull a mold? maybe not, fiberglass isn't too bad to modify, if you had to. this is your baby, i like what i see so far. just want to see it aired out, its got to fly. in the test run it looked very stable, it should be killer with the right tuning and power:cool: . why do you think my signature is what it is;) ?

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
06-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Transum height from the bottom of the pad the top Is 3"

Transum flat surface height from bottom to top Is 1 1/2"

Width Is 3"

moparbarn
06-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Transum height from the bottom of the pad the top Is 3"

Transum flat surface height from bottom to top Is 1 1/2"

Width Is 3"
i need to measure my mounts/jackplates, 1 1/2" heighth might be tight, not allowing much vertical adjustment. all that stuff is at the house, 60 miles away. i'll do some measuring & checking this evening, and let you know.

Tom Foley
06-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Looks trick ! Go over to International Waters site , the best RC boat racing site and post some pics and ask some advice . All the top racers and up to the minute info is available on this site . As you are finding out if you run a 7.5 ouitboard on it you will need all the radio gear forward to offset motor weight . A hot 45 inboard with a dummy powerhead on the back would really make this thing fly . intlwaters.com

moparbarn
06-24-2007, 08:00 AM
stealth, my mounts for my ob's are 1 5/8" tall. the height from the pad to the top is good, with careful placement it might be ok. how hard would it be to make it 2" tall, if the height was at the top? would look better if the mount wasn't hanging over the transom. BTW, tom, he is a member at intlwaters, not sure why he hasn't posted it over there. i see some of us over there, that don't post on our rc forum here. i wonder why not?

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
06-24-2007, 08:10 AM
I really did not think there would be any Interest over at Int Waters.

I have better cells charged up ready to go play today. I also got a lot hotter motor I may drop In after I run the original one with the new cells.

moparbarn
06-25-2007, 07:04 AM
have you thought about an electric ob? a lot of options available for lowers, or kits for nitro lowers. IMHO it would look more realistic set up that way. i realize you are going to have an ob cowl mocked up on it, but it's still an ib with a strut and rudder. ob power just seems right to me for a mod vp. i don't know if any body is still making cowlings for smaller ob's. i do know someone who has a big collection of the old amps ob's. some 3.5's, in johnrude & merc-various models-xr 6, gt 150 etc. don't know if he would let a mold be pulled, but i can ask. he's a member here and intlwaters. you ought to post it on intlwaters, mod vp's are becoming more popular, i think they are starting to run them with tunnels at some races. hopefully their own class, if interest is there. posting yours would help, i think-can't hurt. let us know how it handles the new power. took my dumas hot shot sprint to the pond sat. first time in the water in 2 years. wow, i had forgotten how much fun that boat is. but, you better pay attention, it will get ahead of you in a hurry! had a ball, you do the same:D .

AIRWALK

moparbarn
06-28-2007, 04:15 PM
well, what did more/better power do? inquiring minds want to know.

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
06-28-2007, 05:48 PM
The better packs made the boat alot faster and the run time alot longer. Also the hull can still take alot more power!:cool: This hull needs brushless power or nitro If, someone likes messing with nitro...

moparbarn
06-29-2007, 10:50 AM
i love the smell of nitro in the morning:cool: ! i want 1, more than likely 2. they will be nitro ob's when i get done. let me know when you get closer to pulling a mold, and can figure a price.

AIRWALK

obrien
06-30-2007, 03:47 PM
I may be interested, just depends on the price. I think I would have to do and electric as well.

Stealth Assassin
06-30-2007, 04:08 PM
I am about to get the mold started soon... ;)

Stealth Assassin
07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I am about to get the mold started soon... ;)

Scratch that, I built a new hull with alot of changes. The hull has alot better lines and will air out alot better with the new pad.

Redneck
07-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Get one up and going and lets see some pics! You are gonna get me back into R/C stuff again.

quartershot
07-17-2007, 12:35 AM
I want one when its done !!!!!!!

moparbarn
07-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Get one up and going and lets see some pics! You are gonna get me back into R/C stuff again.
good, you'll have fun again:D !
steatlth, are you going to be able to make the transom any taller? 1 1/2" is kinda tight for a ob mount, and allow for any height adj.. given any thought to an electric ob? i know nitro isn't your thing, but that hull needs a ob on it:cool: . i'm still thinking i will need 2 hulls-ob versions, of course. you got a pm.

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
07-17-2007, 08:46 AM
good, you'll have fun again:D !
steatlth, are you going to be able to make the transom any taller? 1 1/2" is kinda tight for a ob mount, and allow for any height adj.. given any thought to an electric ob? i know nitro isn't your thing, but that hull needs a ob on it:cool: . i'm still thinking i will need 2 hulls-ob versions, of course. you got a pm.

AIRWALK

The transum has the height no problem from the pad to the top. I will just have to make more mounting surface at the bottom. That will not be a problem at all.;)

moparbarn
07-17-2007, 10:24 AM
cool, keep us posted. any video or pics of the new hull would be nice, when you run it.

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Does anyone have a overhead pic of a STV???

ProComp
07-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Saves me from climbing on my roof :D

Stealth Assassin
07-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Saves me from climbing on my roof :D

Hahaha.... Thanks! Man those sponsons look skinny from up there.

Stealth Assassin
08-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Check out the dummy outboard rudder cover I carved the other day...
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/DSCF0026-2.jpg

h&r customs
08-07-2007, 09:30 PM
nice work and a Merc on top of that!

Stealth Assassin
08-07-2007, 09:33 PM
nice work and a Merc on top of that!

Thanks! I carved It with a razor blade knife...:eek: It still needs a little TLC!

Stealth Assassin
08-22-2007, 05:11 PM
The 2nd prototype Is being molded as we speak...:eek: :D

Fish
08-22-2007, 05:43 PM
love the rudder cover, that looks really cool!

Stealth Assassin
08-22-2007, 06:59 PM
love the rudder cover, that looks really cool!

Thanks! I think It turned out really well... The 2nd prototype STV hull really looks alot better that the first hull I posted! It can take alot of power and handles like the real thing. It takes the wake like a big offshore race cat. It also stayed bottom side down threw all the stress test. It was Killer!!!;)

chynewalkr
08-22-2007, 07:09 PM
i built a 26 inch hydromite a year or to ago and put a ep1 outboard on it. at first i used the stock 540 and it was a dog, i later put a 12 turn double in it and i will ride a wheely for about 50ft at a pretty good clip and really starts to cook once it settles down.

slowverado
08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
I think its time for some pics of this beast...anything new?

Stealth Assassin
08-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah... A much better looking and better running hull. It had no trim tabs or a turn fin and ran great! Out of 3 days testing It only went upside down 2 or 3 times. If there was a problem It would just spin out. I am very happy with the performance and the hull can take much more power.

Give me a few weeks to finish the mold and build a boat. Then I will post some pics of the first hull. ;)

Stealth Assassin
01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
She's close to completion. Here Is a sneek peek at the top deck mold. :D

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/stand.jpg

DoktorC
01-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I want to see MORE!!! :)

Fish
01-05-2008, 05:12 AM
Check out the dummy outboard rudder cover I carved the other day...
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/DSCF0026-2.jpg

that is really cool. what did you carve it out of? Will this fit over the motor? Can't wait to see the finished product.

Stealth Assassin
01-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks Fish! That Is Intended to be a rudder cover when using Inboard power, carved out of balsa with a razor knife/box cutter. There will be a mold made for a plastic part. As soon as I make a few hulls and get a outboard leg mounted with a brushless motor there will also be a cowling/motor cover molded.

I will post a pic of the first hull made very soon I hope.

Thanks,
Derrick

moparbarn
01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
impatiently waiting.........:D . would've liked to had one in time to get ready for the tunnel champs. at least this way i'll have the rest of this year to set it up, for next year. keep me posted on the ob (nitro) version, derrick. btw, are you going to s.c. in march?

Stealth Assassin
01-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Ok, I can't wait to show some more! There are a couple changes due to Inboard power hardware needed. The rest of the transom Is covered by the deck mold.

Derrick

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/hull.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/hullmoldcomplete.jpg

baja200merk
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
sweet!

chynewalkr
01-09-2008, 05:27 PM
how scale would an ep1 outboard look on there?

Length: 4" (102mm)
Width: 1-3/4" (44mm)
Height: 7" (178mm)

Transom mount dimension: 1-3/4"x 1-3/8" (44mm x 35mm)

i have one and was just wondering:D

Stealth Assassin
01-09-2008, 06:57 PM
how scale would an ep1 outboard look on there?

Length: 4" (102mm)
Width: 1-3/4" (44mm)
Height: 7" (178mm)

Transom mount dimension: 1-3/4"x 1-3/8" (44mm x 35mm)

i have one and was just wondering:D

I think that It would be preety scale...

DoktorC
01-09-2008, 09:54 PM
That looks fantastic! Get ready to go into mass production lol.

Stealth Assassin
04-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Check this out... I will only have time to make a few here and there.

Derrick
collett00@comcast.net

This one will be for sell. There are a couple small blems that are no big deal. E-mail for details If Interested. I can build this hull Ready to run with Inboard power If needed.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/random021.jpg

gotboostedvr6
04-07-2008, 08:11 AM
price?
gotboostedeg@gmail.com

Body Guard
08-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Derrick,
Its three in the morning here. I give for tonight trying to post my reply to your other email. Notified by Yahoo. I'll sleep over it and work it out again tomorrow.

Body Guard
08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Stealth Assassin,
Confirmed LOA 44in. Width 21in.
Sponsons length 42in.
Wing chord 39in.
I'm back on the drawing board doing down sizing of this race proven hull ,for a little lesser air lift

oldstv
08-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey Derrick, is this the new one?

Stealth Assassin
08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Hey Derrick, is this the new one?

No sir that was the first one. yellow and white was from the second mold.

The new one Is totally differant and better suited for racing. She will be done soon. :cheers:

oldstv
08-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Cool! I can't wait to hear how it runs.:cheers:

Body Guard
08-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Stealth Assassin.
My new e mail address: bodyguardboat@live.com.
Please respond to establish this communication link.
Body Guard.

Body Guard
08-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Stealth Assassin,
Here are some pics of the same design configuration made for my customer.

Stealth Assassin
08-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Stealth Assassin,
Here are some pics of the same design configuration made for my customer.

Body guard,
Are you still not getting my e-mail or pm's from me? I e-mailed your new live mail.

Body Guard
08-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Body guard,
Are you still not getting my e-mail or pm's from me? I e-mailed your new live mail.
yes it's through. I,ll send some words to you now

inspectorlance
07-08-2009, 09:41 PM
What happened to this project ? I would love to have an RC STV.

twogees
07-08-2009, 10:06 PM
yea this thing is very cool... one of the first guys talked about making hst r/c, now id def like to get my hands on one of those

Stealth Assassin
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Lance,
I put the molds to the side for a while. I started making a new version and got side tracked...

Thanks guys,
Derrick

gotboostedvr6
07-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Have any used ones you wanna sell off cheap?

Mark Poole ModVP
07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
There are several of us who build RC Mod-VP's. I have played around with them for about 20 years. Including Derrick, there are at least 4 or 5 that make them. Mine looks like a Stoker, Mic's looks like an LTV, Doug's looks like an STV Euro. Rich Junker made one by modifiying his tunnel boat with a center pad. If we could ever get the sanctioning bodies to put the class in the rule book it would do well nationally I am sure.

chynewalkr
07-09-2009, 04:49 PM
yea this thing is very cool... one of the first guys talked about making hst r/c, now id def like to get my hands on one of those

i was the one that had a HST plug built out of foam, however it warped to bad and scrapped that, someday Ill pick that up again too. i have a Vking plug made of balsa that is about 75 % done, I just havent had time to finish it or any other rc stuff lately

twogees
07-09-2009, 04:56 PM
i was the one that had a HST plug built out of foam, however it warped to bad and scrapped that, someday Ill pick that up again too. i have a Vking plug made of balsa that is about 75 % done, I just havent had time to finish it or any other rc stuff lately
...get to work!!!:thumbsup: i want a r/c model of my hst....got a few r/c cars/buggys but never had a boat. seriously if you ever do make one again, please let me know:D:D

Stealth Assassin
07-09-2009, 05:17 PM
There are several of us who build RC Mod-VP's. I have played around with them for about 20 years. Including Derrick, there are at least 4 or 5 that make them. Mine looks like a Stoker, Mic's looks like an LTV, Doug's looks like an STV Euro. Rich Junker made one by modifiying his tunnel boat with a center pad. If we could ever get the sanctioning bodies to put the class in the rule book it would do well nationally I am sure.

Hey Mark,
I don't know If I have seen dougs boat??? Is It on the latest metime video?

Mark Poole ModVP
07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
The boat he showed me was dark gray, he said 28 inches long. I will send him your contact info if you want and he can send you a pic.

E mail?

Stealth Assassin
07-09-2009, 05:35 PM
The boat he showed me was dark gray, he said 28 inches long. I will send him your contact info if you want and he can send you a pic.

E mail?

Yeah,
I would really like to see It.

collett00@comcast.net

Stealth Assassin
07-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Have any used ones you wanna sell off cheap?

Depends what you call cheap. ;)

moparbarn
07-26-2009, 10:15 PM
derrick, am i ever gonna see my villain build sheets & cd again?????????? why did you stop replying to my pm's on int'l. waters? i've been very patient & polite about this, but over a year now, come on, dude!!

inspectorlance
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
What brand of motors are most people running ? Me and my brother ordered a K&B 7.5, but they seen to be out of stock, and wont give me an ETA !! From reading it seemed like K&B was kinda the standard. Any other brands we should consider ?

We got a Prather SpitFire2 outrigger we want to get running, and dont want to wait for K&B to maybe ship us a motor at some undisclosed future date.

Thanks
Lance

ProComp
07-31-2009, 01:30 PM

E mail?

Please post some pics of the Euro look a like and let us know if he'll build to sell, thanks

chynewalkr
07-31-2009, 03:51 PM
What brand of motors are most people running ? Me and my brother ordered a K&B 7.5, but they seen to be out of stock, and wont give me an ETA !! From reading it seemed like K&B was kinda the standard. Any other brands we should consider ?

We got a Prather SpitFire2 outrigger we want to get running, and dont want to wait for K&B to maybe ship us a motor at some undisclosed future date.

Thanks
Lance

does OS make a 7.5 I know they have a 3.5?

chynewalkr
07-31-2009, 03:55 PM
you could run twin 3.5s

Mark Poole ModVP
07-31-2009, 09:36 PM
3.5 motors are available from K&B but out of stock most of the time on 7.5.

Get a Rossi 7.5 powerhead with a pipe and mount it to a K&B or Lawless leg. More reliable motor anyway.

Mark Poole ModVP
07-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Pro Comp.....

The guy that is working on the Euro asked me to not send any pics of it. Guess it is a big secret or something. Nothing spectacular about it, looks like a Euro with several steps in the outside sponsons.

Stealth Assassin
07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Pro Comp.....

The guy that is working on the Euro asked me to not send any pics of it. Guess it is a big secret or something. Nothing spectacular about it, looks like a Euro with several steps in the outside sponsons.

Top secret/highly classified/007/for your eyes only/ Stealth jet for the military kinda private???...

He must be planing a huge bussiness around the never seen before design?

Hahahahaha.... Just kidding around.

1611odalys
03-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Did this boats ever made it out for sale?

fichrman2
03-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Dont know about that hull- But......

Andy Mason out of S.Fl (longboardboatsinc.com) is making a very quick Mod Vp , thats gonna be the boat to chase or own in class for 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FghfNzswcyI

The Junkers are doing a Tunnel (basically a Vision with a pad) that is working well also, but I dont think its production yet.

We (in Namba D3) run .21 -3.5's . They are not the fastest boats in the world , but the racing with 5 different brands is AWESOME, and very close. :thumbsup:
This weekend at the STORM race we are gonna do an 8 boat LeMans style beach start, should be interesting !!!!!!

Andy

obrien
04-04-2011, 08:44 PM
The lemans starts were fun as hell. Modvp is a great class.

Lightning 21
05-01-2014, 05:36 PM
I would love for you to build me one if you're interested pm me with a price for hull

fichrman2
05-02-2014, 04:00 PM
I would love for you to build me one if you're interested pm me with a price for hull

As far as I know, that hull never made it into production.
Shawn Junker or Jeff Connely @ VisionCraft may be able to make one of their 20 Tunnel boats and put a pad on it for you ??
They work VERY well :cheers:

or Mark Poole in some of the above posts make an OMC , have not seen the latest version run :rolleyes: But its supposed to be pretty good.

Dont even bother with the Mason boat , as you will never see it.

And Carl Van Houten is going to be making a new 20 Tunnel with a pad.
I THINK all the new boats are at the Tunnel Champs this weekend in NC

Andy