PDA

View Full Version : any ranger freaks out there?

mr fun
06-11-2007, 08:09 PM
just scored an 84 2wd v6 5spd creampuff. thinkin desert racer. lift, rims n rubber, maby bumper n winch. sit for 5 yr. got her happinin. SLEEPER! lil 14" street tires, smoke most anything but a racecar in 2 gears. no rocks in fla. just want to rip up some dirt roads/trails. any experince would help. fun out :D

Redneck
06-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I did a Nissan truck full Baja style about 9 years ago. It was fun, but a money pit. Glass fenders, bedsides, doorskins and hood, full cage, coil overs front and rear (into the bed and through the hood) moved the cab and motor back, streched the fenders, shortened the bed, long, custom made 4-link rear, equal lenght a-arms in the front, the whole 9 yards. I never saw anything on the market that I trusted to the abuse I put it through, so I built my own 4-link and front suspension. Not hard to do, just takes time to make it right. I also ran a Chevy 4.3 and a Camaro 6 speed. Pre-ran the Baja 250 for a friends dad who raced it. I drove the truck on a supercross track a few times as well. Way more fun than a street truck. If you want to spend some cash, it can be a lot of fun.

mr fun
06-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Way more fun than a street truck. If you want to spend some cash, it can be a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

i just want to get "off the pavement" :o i figure at it's age i'll get the most high tech hardware still avaliable. skyjacker has a 6" kit w/ r/springs n gas shocks for 1500. i'm lookin at 4wheel n off roads ads close, may do better, time on phone :( still, blastin around (posi rear :D ) in a 2wd w/no worries bout value seems like a great stress releaver. :D fun out

ShorePounder
06-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Hey Fun,

Check out www.therangerstation.com

If it can be done to a Ranger, they've most likely done it a couple of times.

LakeRacer99
06-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Therangerstation.com (older 4x4 rangers) and rangerpowersports.com (newer and 4x2 rangers) are the 2 main ranger webpages...

I have had 9 rangers in the last 15yrs and am looking for my 10th. I have had all configurations of a ranger except a v8 swap. I have had every stock engine and cab combo. I have lifted and lowered them and I have no preference towards either. I have converted a 93-97 front clip over to a 98-2000 front clip. I have had various stereo system as well.
If I had the time and money, I would like to do a turbo4 or Supercharged 6 ranger sleeper.

On the RPS page there is a section for timeslips and the4re are some hella-fast rangers out there.

Do I qualify as a RangerFreak?

This is my favorite one, it had 35in Xterreins on it when I rolled it...

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/blackmotors/Trucks.jpg