PDA

View Full Version : need vacation tips!

pirogue
06-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Got the d40 in with 18-55mm and 55-200mm vr zoom lense. i don't have any expirience shooting in any mode beside auto. looking for any tips on shooting.

we will be on a cruise to carribeans with my wife, 1yr and 4yr old. any quick tips on shooting will be appreciated. i have joined a forum and i've been trying to pick up tips, but it's been a slow learn:)

thanks

Scream And Fly
06-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Craig, you can leave it in auto - that should be fine for vacation photos. If you have some time before your vacation, experiment in "P" mode a little and change parameters. Auto will be fine in most cases though.

mr.clean
06-01-2007, 03:31 PM
A Cruise with a 1yo and a 4yo :eek: you're a better man than I :p

pirogue
06-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks Greg, i have been playin a lil.

Billy, i'm actually looking forward to it. i'm missing the westlake race and was bummed about it, but after realizing how selfish i was, i can't wait to see how they respond to the new enviroment. there will be other children and family members. wife's cousin's wedding:)

hsbob
06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
two suggestions
1. use only one lens at a time. leave the other in your room. trying to take picture at the boat rail and changing lens is asking for trouble. i didnt and the columbia glaiser is notw the owner of my lens.

2. the vr lens is great for low light. but at the lowest level move objects [people] will be blurry. look at the focal length in the viewer and think 1/that number should be the lowest speed you can get a clear picture from. eg if you using the 200mm the best picture is at 1/200th of a seconf for the shutter speed.