PDA

View Full Version : Ebko 14 ft?

Mark75H
05-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know anything about a 14 ft Ebko splash of the little Carlson?

This came up on another board and it is the first I have heard of that particular boat. I am wondering if the guy is mistaken and the boat is really the 16 ft splash of the Magnum/Rabco?

Does anyone have a mid/early 1970's Ebko catalog that could settle it one way or the other?

LakeRacer99
05-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey Sam, That was me on the AOMC board that said that. I don't have any pictures for proof, but have seen a couple in this area. Ebko's were made in Nebraska.
If you search for Ebko on here you will see I have discussed it before.

The 14ft SkiBee was flat at the back and pretty much a direct copy of the Contender. Possibly with a 20in transom, as Bruster said. The 16ft version was the Stinger and was a full tunnel like the CT was. I have had 2 of the Stingers in the past, they were projects that I never finished.

From my experience with this manufacturer, I will say they were very heavy chopper gun boats.

Here is one I had. The 16ft'r had a framed windshied like a Hydrostream or Glastron GT-150

LakeRacer99
05-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Here is the Stinger from the 1975 brochure that I have, there is no 14ft tunnel in this brochure...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/JasPax/1975EbkoBroch.jpg

Mark75H
05-29-2007, 11:23 PM
OK, I'm still confused ... I still don't see a "splash" of the Carlson semi tunnel. Ahead of the windsheild the deck has similar appearance, but the hull is quite different ... :confused:

AirRide
05-30-2007, 11:55 AM
OK, I'm still confused ... I still don't see a "splash" of the Carlson semi tunnel. Ahead of the windsheild the deck has similar appearance, but the hull is quite different ... :confused:Mark75H...Are you refering to the rounded bow, tunnel bottom that diminished to zero, or a flat surface as it met the transom? Oh brother, I hope no one ever popped that one...talk about running like one huge negatively trimmed trim tab with a motor on it!? LOL:rolleyes: