PDA

View Full Version : Raymarine.

Orbit`
05-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Has anybody got experience with the raymarine E series Multifunction nav systems?
How have you found it compared to other systems you have used.
Looking to upgrade...

obrien
05-28-2007, 08:25 AM
2 of the 3 owners at my company are using the E120s and E-80s in their Spectre center consoles. From what little I have used them, they are very nice and have alot of features. With the newer machines and the new chip you can buy, provides some pretty nice detail, and even over head pictures of certain areas. Another cool feature is, if you have a CAN based data system in your boat, you can display the engine data on the screen.

The Big Al
05-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Raymarine is not a low quality unit and very expensive!

They change stuff around a lot making their units obsolete with upgrades. When they upgrade they turn their back on the older units.

Lowrance is very user friendly, constant upgrades for old and new.

Lowrance has new products that seem to be the wanted products.

I like Lowrance for easy use and they have out standing Customer service!
http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine/LCX-113chd.asp

Orbit`
05-28-2007, 11:06 PM
The lowrance range seems pretty nice.
The raymarine system does everything i want. But the redundancy issue is not very attractive. Is there another multifunction system that allows for video imput as well as chartplotter/gps/radar/sounder? I'm not a huge fan of having lots of screens and seperate systems (my current setup) I'd be happy with say2 or 3 screens as an absoloute maximium but at the moment i have a screen for every system..including audio. and it's rather annoying.

lugger
06-21-2007, 06:07 PM
the lowarance lcx 113 hd is great . its supposed to be video cabable in the future for like under water camers but thats not a for shure thing or out yet . the 113 is a nice unit . its a nice peice . and im verry happy with it