PDA

View Full Version : New Guitar!!!!!!

Laker
05-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Stacie Bought me this today!!!!!!!!
New washburn!!!!!
YAA HOOO
My fingers are gonna be soar from playing all night!!

steve
05-09-2002, 10:02 PM
I'd be very happy with that guitar too. Hows the projection on it? Fret action? Looks like a nice neck too. Sounds like you have a nice lady there. Take care .

Laker
05-10-2002, 09:40 AM
I sat at the Academy of music a while back and played about 20 different guitars and this one was my favorite. She took note and picked it up for me the next day. She just gave it to me now.... Yes She is special! It is one of those guitars that is LOUD. It vibrates so deeply it shakes your whole body and every string has the same projection and tone, very ballanced and probably the easyest to play I have come across.

AnthonySS
05-13-2002, 07:34 AM
Nice AXE LAKER,

Congrats and make sure you keep that girl!!

Any electronics on that guitar??

pyro
05-13-2002, 07:59 AM
Nice axe! Is that a Epiphone PR-5E behind it? That sharp cutaway is a distinguishing feature on those.

We started selling some new acoustics at our store called GARRISON, they are Canadian made, and they are AWESOME! Some of the best playing, best sounding stuff on the market. They have a fiberglass/resin frame inside instead of traditional wood-slat bracing. The cheapest one is $429 with a hard case, and it sounds great, just like the more exspensive models. Anyone who's thought of getting a new acoustic shouls see this:

http://www.garrisonguitars.com/

Click on the dealer locator, and take a drive and go play one. the company isn't very old, so there aren't a lot of dealers yet. There's one in Peoria and another in Madison, for Laker and Steve. Anthony, check out MacAulay's Music in Cambridge, Renaissance Music in Kingston, or St. John's Music in Ottawa. We're in Ann Arbor, MI, we have 6 models on the wall right now.

Their stuff will blow you away! Much better guitar than a Tacoma, Seagull, or anything else in its price range.

-Chad

AnthonySS
05-13-2002, 08:31 AM
CHAD,

Thnaks for the interesting lead on the Garrison...I actually have to consider a good accoustic guitar purchase for all the stuff I do.

I will need one with active electronics though..any comment on that??

What sort of price with actives??

Laker
05-13-2002, 08:52 AM
Thanks Guys
No electronics in this guitar...
YES its a PR5 behind the washburn. VERY Good Eye!
And YES Im keeping the Girl! :D :D :D
Thanks
Chris

pyro
05-14-2002, 07:00 AM
Any of their models are available in CE (cutawy w/electronics.) The electronics consists of a Fishman active pickup and pre-amp, the best in the business. The website doesn't have an online brochure yet.

If I remember correctly they're like this...

10 series- all birch-- the whole damned guitar is solid birch.
20 series- Birch body and neck with cedar top. several models.
30 series- Sitka spruce top, sides and back vary with model.
40 series- Engelmann spruce top.

They are expanding the line as we speak. they now make a 25 which is a dressed up cedar top with abalone inlays and ebony fretboard/bridge. Nice, but expensive.

GO PLAY ONE. YOU'LL LOVE IT.

AnthonySS
05-14-2002, 07:40 AM
CHAD,

I checked out thier site...They seem really impressive.

The guitars are built in NFLD...so they must be good:)

Anyway waht does one of theses cost with the actives??

Laker
05-14-2002, 08:35 AM
ohhh
I would love to try out a 40 series .....
Sounds Very sweet!!