PDA

View Full Version : Brake lights??

Just Streamin
05-07-2002, 07:51 PM
Hoping someone will know what's wrong with the Ford. My brake lights quit working. I have tail lights and turn signal just when I hit the brakes no lights!!!!! It's very frusrtating!!!! Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks

NPW
05-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Do you have power to brake light switch?if you do its either the switch or the wire from switch to rear of truck..if not check brake light fuse..

Tom D.
05-07-2002, 09:22 PM
If you have directionals you should have brakes lights your trailer should be all right. I would check to make sure you have brake lights on truck first. Then with a test light check at the plug. If you have brake lights at plug I would look at your grounds. A bad ground can really mess with your head. I'm not familar with FERDS so maybe someone can jump in here on what to check on the truck side of the wiring.

Just Streamin
05-09-2002, 08:04 PM
Well It all started when i hooked up my trailer lights. That's when they quit workin.Takin Checkmate's adviceso I Got the dash tore apart done workin on it for the night . Am gonna check the brake switch tomorrow hopefully that's it!