PDA

View Full Version : Local hero

LaserModVee
05-07-2002, 02:44 PM
A guy I work with at the phone company, (Dale), had an eventful Friday, where he was working in the inner city, around crack houses and stuff. He was sitting in his truck alone, in an alley on the cell phone talking to a co-worker. He saw in his mirror some guy getting chased by a cop on foot running towards the back of his truck. The cop tackled the guy about thirty yards or so in front of his truck in the alley. The guy was giving the cop a tough struggle, the cop had no help and this guy was over powering the officer. My buddy, Dale, said he looked up once and saw the cop on top of the guy, then he looked down to write something, then when he looked back up, the guy had the upper hand on the policeman. Dale put his truck in gear and drove up to the two fighting. Dale is all of 5'4" and 140 lbs. He wrestled in high school, but he is probably forty years old now. He jumped out of the truck and said, "Officer, do you need some help?" The cop quickly responded, "HELL YES I NEED SOME HELP!!!" Dale picked the guy off of the officer, slammed him on the ground, and put him in some arm bar wrestling move. The cop finally had a chance to call for back-up, and update the dispatcher on what was going on. Dale said the cop's knees were shaking from the adrenaline. The cop told him that if he would not have pulled that guy off of him, he probably would have got to his gun.

Guys, Dale is a freaking hero! Can you believe that sh!t? I guess I would have done the same thing, I hope. Dude has major balls to jump out and get involved. I know he has the strength and ability to do this, I saw him get really pissed off towards another guy we worked with about four years ago. This guy was calling him names like half-pint and shorty, total a-hole. The guy is easily 6'2" and 240 lbs. I watched Dale pick this guy up over his head and body slam him, he is a very strong little guy. Don't call him short.

I get pissed off because stories like this aren't in the paper, it's always negative crap, especially about my company, but overall about everything. It's everyday happenings like this that would help keep us total strangers in a big city, a community, people looking out for one another. It goes back to the days and weeks after 9/11, we all were a huge family, watching each others back's, I want to see that get stronger. I want to see an attitude with Americans and Canadians, like "don't "F" with us, because my brother has my back.

I'll get off my soapbox now, and I have your back.

woodco
05-07-2002, 05:55 PM
It's great to see people get involved and help keep the peace :cool:

H2Onut
05-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Way to go Dale !

Talon2.5
05-07-2002, 06:55 PM
GO DALE!!! YOU DA MAN!!! i like your style!!

lazermodv, if we ever get together i got your back too those lowlifes need to be taken down and i'm not much on size either but ive got the temper of a mad man if i get pissed and that kind of people need to go DOWN!!

AnthonySS
05-08-2002, 01:02 PM
GOOD STORY BRIAN,

Thanks for sharing!!!

FTGF

Liqui-Fly
05-08-2002, 03:40 PM
About Ohio but that freaking state produces some of the damn scrapiest wrestlers in the country. I had a roomate in the Marines that I outweighed by about 25 to 30 pounds that I just couldn't hurt and the little bastard was always twisting my fingers and what not to gain position on me.

I hope Dale dropped that scum bag right on his head. For some reason building hope and faith in fellow humans isn't sensational enough for the media.

David