PDA

View Full Version : Class B Runabout

ramrod
05-07-2002, 11:18 AM
I have a Class B runabout that campaigned on the west coast of the US in what I would guess to be the 60’s or maybe early 70’s. I picked it up several years ago
. What I’m looking for is any info on who manufactured this boat. I have included a group of pictures to help with the ID. Note the curved deck connecting with the steering wheel mounting board. This may be a key, as I have not seen to many that have this feature.
Any Ideas would be appreciated. For pictures see below.
Thank You

http://users.infoconex.com/ramrod/13-R.5.jpg

Ron Hill
05-08-2002, 12:34 AM
I think this is a Clark Maloof, "Clark Craft". So how the name Doug Martin "popped" into my head when I frist saw it... Clark is a live and lving where he always did, Quincy , Massachusetts... Maybe. I'll give him a call and ask about the boat....

They basically were "improved" Sid Crafts...at tleast that is how I always saw them. Billy Rosado, Mike Boone.....won "A" Nationals in this style boat, that I why I was thinking Doug Martin... His dad always bought him good stuff....He never did much with it, but the old man bought him a lot of stuff.....

ModRacer7B
05-12-2002, 01:18 PM
This is an A-B class Clarkraft runabout built by Clark Maloof of Quincy, MA. Judging by the style lines of the boat, I would guess this to be built around 1968 to 1972. Clark built some of his sleekest looking runabouts about that time. My former teamate, Mike Boone, originally of West Hartford, CT moved to CA around 1969 and was running a Clarkraft identical to the one in the picture in B Runabout. I am fairly sure that the one he ran was a 1968 model, which is what I would guess this one to be if I had to pin it down to a specific year. - Bill Rosado

Ron Hill
05-12-2002, 01:35 PM
Thanks for adding that Mike Boone had moved to California... Some how I'd forgotten that when I posted.....I can't believe that my memory of of 60's and 70's "slipped".....I'd bet this was Mike Boone's boat...

Come on and give us some history....Like you KG-4s....and props and stuff...We need you HERE BILLY!!!!

Ron Hill