PDA

View Full Version : Merc front end!!!

hydro-cat
05-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Anybody ever seen one of these before? Went to visit an old friend and he pulled out some of his old merc stuff. Pistons in the back ground are 2.0L finger ported, top pinned Mahle pistions. Says he may have a full set. All I could find was 3 port and stbd. Luther is going to look for rings. Don't know if you could still get them from merc or not.

Tim

PARKER RABE
05-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Im Pretty Sure Seebold Made That ...i Had One Just Like It On My 2.4 A Lond Time Ago ...

hydro-cat
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Did it work. I was told there were only about 3 made. And yes Bill Sebold did have one. But I don't think he made them. Luther couldn't remember who actually made them. Just said they becam Illegal to run.

Tim

Rusrog
05-09-2007, 07:39 AM
I have a buddy with one of those that Alex gave him a few years ago. They don't seal up real well and it's hard to make them idle. Mainly for circle racing as idle is not much of a concern there. LOTS of volume....

Bruce Washburn
05-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Seebold sold them and did the machine work. I think Alex designed it.
Did they work? Yes they made good power but also seemed more prone to burn pistons when you backed off. They were made prior to the AMS. I think the AMS or SVS would be a better choice. I would not run it on a lake boat. I would prefer a horn over that system. There were a lot more than three out on the market.

Bruce