PDA

View Full Version : Window Help????

beer30
04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
I washed the Excursion yesterday, notice the BAD acid rain spots all over the windows. What is a good way to remove these? Tried wax to remove them, didn't work. Any suggestions would help. Thanks, Chuck

stvhelm
04-23-2007, 08:20 AM
stainless steel polish works good or glass cook top surface cleaner.

Boat, when you going to splash it?

beer30
04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
stainless steel polish works good or glass cook top surface cleaner.

Boat, when you going to splash it?

I am going to un-cover it this week and clean it up. I should be ready to go by middle of next week. :cool: Chuck

Checkmate2.5
04-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Try Mr clean magic eraser. It would be worth a try.

laserracer6
05-06-2007, 06:11 PM
hi guys hope this helps im a mobile car detailer i use autosol chrome cleaner and a non scratch teflon pad im from new zealand so if you cant get autosol try a very light buffing compound and non scratch pad just make sure whatever you use keep the glass lubed with water you dont want to scratch it
cheers dave

pyro
05-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I got a bottle of "Glass Tech Glass Scrub" at the supermarket, whatever is in it, it WORKS. It's a non-caustic water-based mild abrasive and cleaner. It's great for decal prep, leaves the glass laboratory clean.

I would avoid using metal polish and such on glass, really easy to scratch with the wrong stuff.

BUSHWACKER
05-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Bon Ami, or Starbrite marine polish works. S/B works great on plexaglass removes scratches, acts like RainX too, beads the water, moving pushes water right off the w/s.

Cleavor
03-21-2008, 11:16 AM
A vinegar and water solution works if you want to save time and money.