PDA

View Full Version : Miss Vega

Richard
04-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Bought a new miss vega today. Nice boat but I can't get it to fire. The glow plug is working and the motor is getting fuel. It says it needs to run on 30% . I'm not sure if my fuel is 20 or 30 %. If the fuel doesn't have enough nitro will it fire?

AV300x
04-21-2007, 06:56 AM
picture?

Raysoncraft16
04-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Any Nitro content should run in it. If it won't fire your either flooded or don't have the needles set right.

LittleProps
04-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Like Rayson said, its either flooding (which nitro engines are very prone to doing) or its too lean.

If you are crankin it over and its not starting, pull the glowplug and crank it over and see if it pushes fuel out of the button. Chances are its flooded ;)

moparbarn
04-23-2007, 11:50 AM
don't know what your temps were over the weekend, but colder temps can make nitro motors very hard to start. it's amazing what a difference going from 60 to 75 can make. seems like about 60 and lower temps are the breaking piont. i also find that hitting the motors in short bursts with the starter works better than straight cranking on it. probably doesn't help you, pull start, right? what about oil ratio? newer boats run much less oil than hp marine motors (rossi, picco). i need to run 20% in my ob's. if your fuel is for "hp" marine motors (usually belt or cone start with a electric starter), that might be it. most ready to runs today are down to 10 or 12% oil. a high % of castor to snthetic could affect starting too. castor doesn't light off as easily as synthetics. most "hp" marine motors require at least at blend, not pure synthetic. i'll bet yours can run on synthetic ok. read the manual for the boat and motor, or use the web. boat fuel used to be a mix unto itself, now the oem's are trying to make it easier to just have fun with little hassle. hope this helps, enjoy the new boat.

AIRWALK

Richard
04-25-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm using a standard, over the counter 20% nitro mix. the manual calls for 30%. I'm guessing the higher nitro content will make it run faster, but reduce engine life. It was a bear to start when I first got it, until I found that one of the bolts holding the head wasn't tight. It ran fine for a while, but now, it's hard to start again. These little motors are a lot tougher to deal with than I would have guessed. It seems pretty simple-- spark and fuel-- but getting the right combination is tough.