PDA

View Full Version : Aquacraft Boats

Richard
04-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Bought a new 27 brushless electric and a used Nitro hammer. the electric boat is great. No fussing with starters and fuel. Got a question about the gas boat: it has a .15 nitro motor. I put a tiger electric starter on it to replace the pull starter. The thing starts hard and won't maintain a consistant idle speed. I've changed glow plugs several times. Can you blow a head gasket in those motors? I got hooked on these things and I'm looking for a cat with a .32 motor. Any suggestions?

Raysoncraft16
04-15-2007, 01:27 PM
there isn't really a headgasket, just shims. I guess one of those could be leaking, but more likely you have a leak where you put on the electric starter on the back of the engine, even the smallest of leaks can cause big problems on an engine that small. also where the carb mounts on is a common point to find a leak... But check the new starter and I bet you'll find your problem there. you can use a very thin layer of RTV to seal it up.

I'm looking at getting Proboat's thunder cat. It's got the dynamite .32 marine in it.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=PRB2750

Richard
04-15-2007, 01:40 PM
My friend's son just bought one. Nice little boat. I'm thinking about one, too. There's a couple on E-bay. I'll check the things you recommended. thanks

moparbarn
04-16-2007, 01:19 PM
i can"t speak for any of their inboard boats, but i have 2 aquacraft ob tunnels. a top speed and a top speed 2. both boats are fast and very stable. both are abs, and to be honest i had doubts about durability. i've had the top speed for 2 years, with both stock and modified 3.5's on jackplates. no cracks or other problems yet. inside stays dry-i don't even have drain plugs in it. never needed them. haven't had the top speed 2 very long (my winter project), but the initial quality looks just as good as my old boat. i like 'em.

AIRWALK

Lanceonthelake
04-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Is that a .15 dynamite motor?

Richard
04-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Don't know for sure. Aqua Craft stamps their logo on the sides of their motors, so it's tough to tell. The .18 motor in the MIss Vega is a os .18.