PDA

View Full Version : Gas boat plans - WILDThing

Stoker1
04-04-2007, 01:38 PM
If you're looking to get into the hobby and feel that you'd rather build one from wood, I've got some plans for you. Like most craftsmen, you should be aware that to build a boat of this nature will still cost a little but should make for a fun project.

Want to say the plans are blown up from the nitro version of the Dumas Wildthing. Finished hull is around 44 x 12 inches and perfect for a smaller watercooled Zenoah or similar engine. Speed when setup properly is high 40's to low 50's.

There will be three Adobe files. You can then take them to a printing office and get the fullscale size print outs and then transpose over to the wood. A good bandsaw will be helpful.

If you'd like a copy, PM me with your email addy.
Have a good one,
Jamie:)

DoktorC
04-04-2007, 04:54 PM
You have a PM!!

moparbarn
04-05-2007, 08:39 AM
good looking version of the wild thing. i'm thinking of attempting to build a scale version of a switzer wing. probably use wood over foam, for ease of shaping. would love to have a good set of photos or even drawings of a wood (early) wing. i understand that there weren't any plans back, i have heard that they were drawn out on the shop floor and each wood version was a little different. if anyone is willing to provide photos and/or drawings of a switzer wing of any type, i want to build one powered by 2 k&b 3.5 ob's.

AIRWALK

DoktorC
04-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Stoker,

Do you have any more pictures of that boat? I like the cockpit design....and I'm not afraid to copy lol.

Stoker1
04-06-2007, 01:38 AM
Rick,
Wonderful talking with you. I've got the plans printed out but haven't stated on the build yet. That picture was borrowed from this thread over at Radio Control Universe. Have a look as there are a few threads related to it but this one in particular is very long and helpful.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4718942/tm.htm

"The International Woody" :cool:

Jamie