PDA

View Full Version : Broughton Tunnel FlashBack

AirRide
04-04-2007, 07:38 AM
In the late 70's, I bought a used Broughton tunnel boat, roughly 16' in length, from a gentleman in Ohio. If memory serves, it was painted a royal blue and white on the deck & had the name: "The Skies The Limit" on it. Is there anyone out there with any memory of this boats owner & class,etc.? Thanks

MN4V
04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I think this is a Broughton boat.
Mark

Raceman
04-08-2007, 02:03 PM
That rear boat cowl doesn't look much like a Broughton to me. I thought the rear canopy on them looked more like a Velden. That one looks kinda Seeboldish doesn't it?

MN4V
04-08-2007, 02:08 PM
The cowlings don't look like the Broughton. I think his were some what of a copy of the Veldens. But I do think the boat is a Broughton.
Mark

brichter
04-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Janaky's white Mod U boat was a Broughton, as well as Leatherby's Mod 50 and Mod 100 (Bass Pro sponsored) boats......
Leatherby's Mod 100 Bass Pro boat was a 16' and Baby blue and white, but I don't remember the name "skies the limit".....
However, I think we would need to be talking early 80s if we are discussing the same boat....
Mark, Who is the driver in the picture????
That is a little boat for a V4......

largecar91
04-09-2007, 01:35 PM
The Boat In My Avitar Is My Old Broughton With A T2 On It. It Was Too Small For Those Engines. Eventually It Made A Lot Smaller Pieces When It Came Down Upside Down!

FUJIMO
06-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Janaky's white Mod U boat was a Broughton, as well as Leatherby's Mod 50 and Mod 100 (Bass Pro sponsored) boats......
Leatherby's Mod 100 Bass Pro boat was a 16' and Baby blue and white, but I don't remember the name "skies the limit".....
However, I think we would need to be talking early 80s if we are discussing the same boat....
Mark, Who is the driver in the picture????
That is a little boat for a V4......

I remember the Mod U Broughton, Sky's The Limit, from Ohio. I think the guys name that owned it, was Richard Burton.