View Full Version : Alright guys... WE GOT IT

Stoker1
03-30-2007, 02:54 AM
Lets rock this thing. :D

(thanks Greg)

Stoker1
03-30-2007, 03:05 AM
Sure, lets add some pictures.

Got bored in the shop the other day. Tossed a cooling cap in the lathe and cut away. Turned out alright.?

Noah1
03-30-2007, 04:51 AM
I know nothing about RC boats:confused: But you have my interest. I'll be checking back to see pic. of the boats you guy's have built & info on the boat.
Thank's Jim

Lanceonthelake
03-30-2007, 07:49 AM
I'll add some pics tonight, maybe some video after the weekend.
I'll see if I can edit some winternats video I took couple months back.

Ziemer
03-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Lance, I was at the hobby shop yesterday and I saw the full size version of your Blackjack. That thing is bad-ass.:D I had to get out of there before I spent too much money.

By the way, I pulled the old Hornet out of the attic the other night and got it running last night. Put the battery on charge today and gonna see if it holds a charge. (I was at the shop buying a new controller, my old one was dead.:o :D )

AwesomeBullet
03-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I stopped and got all the stuff I need to get the bulkheads and stringers glassed back into my little F1 boat. I need to get her goin since no one else seems to want to bring any outboard power to this party...:D

I need to order a new radio for it too...maybe next paycheck...

godspeed
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
my slow rides ,,,,,:rolleyes:

godspeed
03-30-2007, 10:26 PM
more .....

The Big Al
03-30-2007, 11:04 PM
I have been search on the net and looking at r/c boats!
You pack of *** have got me going.
I already have one habit with a boat I can't afford.
NOW THIS!:mad:

godspeed
03-30-2007, 11:07 PM
al cool down take a breath ..... i know it is adictive but ......heck just throw on on the cc and have fun ....

1BadAction
03-30-2007, 11:07 PM
I have been search on the net and looking at r/c boats!
You pack of *** have got me going.
I already have one habit with a boat I can't afford.
NOW THIS!:mad:

and how does this make you FEEL, big al? [/dr phil]

Stoker1
03-31-2007, 01:28 AM
Running them is fun no doubt....

But the new part of the hobby for me now is trying to build my own hardware. Hate to say anything about the word "copy" but for me learing from scratch involves imitation:o Its been a challenge. The new mill & lathe are getting a workout.

Stoker1
03-31-2007, 01:36 AM
Even built a new table just for the shop. Just wish there was more time to spend down there.

The Big Al
03-31-2007, 02:13 AM
OLD K&B with Perry carb! http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125208&d=1175322455

I had a few of them in days past!

Man the price of this tuff now!

Stoker1
03-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Al,
I'm very proud of that engine. Like a lot of you guys, my first boat was a K&B outboard tunnel from 20+ years ago. Ran the crap out of them and had a ball but then adult-hood came and had to set the priorites. Cash in hand for a new apartment to move out of Mom & Dads house meant selling off the RC stuff and turning a new leaf in life.

Fast forward to current time and I'm fortunate to have found this engine and have the toys. (though no full scale boat as of yet, its in the works).

Lets get this forum ROCKIN' and I'll turn up some Van Halen.

Noah1
03-31-2007, 04:05 AM
Stroker1 nice work bench. Your shop floors are better then my living room:eek:
later Jim

OrangeCrush
04-01-2007, 09:00 AM
well you got me looking too. i had the tunnel outboard also,never finished it.

moparbarn
04-02-2007, 10:13 AM
first day at the pond saturday. had a ball! just took my top speed (original version) out to break in a fresh piston and cylinder-in an old 3.5 k&b with a perry carb, big al! went great until i added "a little more" trim and nitro. ran great until i blew it over, then i looked like big al's nightmare. boat was fine, dried it out, and ran some more. went home and started putting my dumas hot shot sprint with a 3.5 k&b with the old prather (cal.) mod kit on it. got to hurry-80 here tomorrow and possibly snow by friday. waiting on a top speed 2 to arrive. i'll try to get some pics running tonite or tomorrow after work thanx, greg, for the new forum!

AIRWALK

bigbore
04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
first day at the pond saturday. had a ball! just took my top speed (original version) out to break in a fresh piston and cylinder-in an old 3.5 k&b with a perry carb, big al! went great until i added "a little more" trim and nitro. ran great until i blew it over, then i looked like big al's nightmare. boat was fine, dried it out, and ran some more. went home and started putting my dumas hot shot sprint with a 3.5 k&b with the old prather (cal.) mod kit on it. got to hurry-80 here tomorrow and possibly snow by friday. waiting on a top speed 2 to arrive. i'll try to get some pics running tonite or tomorrow after work thanx, greg, for the new forum!

AIRWALK
you running tilt n trim on this thing?or just a manual setting?:cool:

moparbarn
04-03-2007, 06:51 AM
manual tilt & trim. i have an octura mount, gives about 1" setback. works great on a longer/heavier boat like my top speed/original version. too much of a good thing on my dumas hot shot sprint. that much setback with a modified motor makes act like a pole vaulter! straight up and over. didn't make it back out last night, going to try after work today, if the wind will cooperate. i'm in the mountains, and the pond by the house isn't very well sheltered. our winds in the spring and fall are 20 to 40 mph - not great for LITTLE boats. hope to have pics also.

AIRWALK

PULSECWBY
04-03-2007, 08:57 PM
hey guys looking forward to meeting some of you guys at the race on may 6th. here is my challenger.

DoktorC
04-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I need to get my stuff running again!! I've also got an OLD 3.5..it's got to be 40+ years old (if they were made back then). I haven't used it much lately because I've been running bigger gas stuff but I think I should break out a tunnel or two.

I've got a strange older tunnel from Midwest cald the Klampon Kia...anyone ever seen one or heard of one?

moparbarn
04-04-2007, 07:36 AM
made it back out last night. boat ran great motor still a little bit high, wants too hook a real sharp turns. easy to fix. al, that's not a perry carb, looks like an early k&b black carb. perry carb isn't "domed" out to the mixture needle, and has a brass idle disc around the mixture needle-flat against the side of the carb. if i can figure out picture posting, enjoy. also have video, i might need help to download or set up a link. i'll try.....
still waiting on a cowling for my dumas hot shot, those people are sloooow! almost 2 months now. lets see more of your toys.

AIRWALK

moparbarn
04-04-2007, 07:48 AM
more pics running. i'll try to get them set up right this time. i'm new to this, cut me a little slack, ok?

AIRWALK

Riverman
04-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Great to see this!

There is no better way to get more young people involved and to grow our hobby than R/C.

moparbarn
04-04-2007, 10:19 AM
i'm 55 and my son is 28 (he ran the camera). we fight over the boat now, we only have 1 running right now. don't need any more - just kidding, we ran rc off road car together with a club when he was younger. you're right, get them into sports or a constructive hobby-GREAT substitute for drugs & alcohol.here's the 1st 3 pics again, al, look at the pic of the left side of the carb, it will show how my perry carb differs from the stock carb on stoker1's post.

Riverman
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Sorry for calling you young moparbarn. I didn't mean to offend. :D :D

Stealth Assassin
04-04-2007, 10:39 AM
I am working on a 42" 1/5 scale drag hydro to run the 1/5 down 1/4 mile which Is 264'. It Will be running a huge lehner brushless motor and 40 nimh cells. I will be going to forth worth and norcal to race. There will even be a tree set up!:cool:
My hull Is getting some house of color layed on It right now but, here Is a before pic. I also made a mold for the one piece hatch I designed for It to seal off the Inside.

Looking for speeds of 80 to 100 In 264'

before...
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/PA300051.jpg
after on the hatch build...Also sprayed gel coat In the mold. It needed to be cut and buffed at this point.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/DSCF0138.jpg

There will also be a 1/5 blown hemi setting on the back for scale a appearance.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/dragboat/PA300056.jpg

moparbarn
04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
check out item #2700104748261 on ebay. old k&b #998 "up, up and away" merc tunnel. was a dealer promo or could only be through a mercury dealer back then. ends real soon-6 hrs.- if you want it, you better hurry.

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
04-04-2007, 01:26 PM
check out item #2700104748261 on ebay. old k&b #998 "up, up and away" merc tunnel. was a dealer promo or could only be through a mercury dealer back then. ends real soon-6 hrs.- if you want it, you better hurry.

AIRWALK
I found nothing on that Iten number!

*ah I found It!*

Ripper
04-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I am new to RC boating... I have a CEN Aqua jet "beginner" Gas boat... Looking for another or something similiar so my son and I can race... Any ideas or better yet anything for sale (Ready to run)...

Ripper

Stealth Assassin
04-04-2007, 02:15 PM
I am new to RC boating... I have a CEN Aqua jet "beginner" Gas boat... Looking for another or something similiar so my son and I can race... Any ideas or better yet anything for sale (Ready to run)...

Ripper

Aquacraft SV 27 Is perfect for the beginer and Its brushless also preety fast!

moparbarn
04-07-2007, 08:11 AM
riverman, awesome looking drag hydro. the detail i can see already is incredible. keep us posted on the progress. as you can tell by my screen name, the hemi did it for me. snow here last night. lows in the 20's, highs in the 40's for the next few days. my boays in dry dock again! can't beleive just tuesday i was at the pond in a t shirt until dark. i'll be glad when the weather gets right. good time to put my mod motor on the top speed (my test mule), and get ready to break it in also. rebuilt both obs this winter, already ran the stock one- i'll post pics of the mod running when ma nature gets it right again. looks like next weekend at least.

AIRWALK

Stealth Assassin
04-07-2007, 08:49 AM
You guys can check out http://rcdragboats.com ! Cool site.

Or http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/ for rtr boats and parts...;)

moparbarn
04-13-2007, 09:01 AM
if anyone is looking to get set up from scratch in smaller nitro ob, check out ebay #190100945538. a huge lot of good hulls, motors and parts. not all the latest and greatest, but some good quality stuff-and enough of it to pretty much have what you need. nasty again this week. rain, cold and high wind. possibility of snow AGAIN! this sh*t needs to stop, i want to go have some more fun. i'm supposed to be south of the mason-dixon line (just barely). sure has been quiet, where did everybody go?

AIRWALK

LittleProps
04-16-2007, 12:30 PM
weeeeee

moparbarn
04-16-2007, 01:12 PM
just went to the local hobby shop at lunch. bought some brass inserts to install as motor mounts in the transom of the top speed. package says fits 1/4" hole on front. on the back, in the instructions, it says to drill 1/4" hole again. get my drill and drill bits, drill 1/4" hole, get a bushing, and it falls through the hole! went back today, and find 2 different sized 6-32 bushings. same inside, outside different. in the same package, same part #. sold by great planes, so beware. anyway, while i was sorting that out, my son finds brand new dumas hot shot sprint abs kits on a back shelf. marked at $124.95-the manager said if he took the open one, he could have it for $75.00! checked the box, everything was there, plus some extra fuel line. what a deal! dumas wants $127.00, this guy said he would sell his for $100.00. also has some top speeds like mine in the earlier pics. if anyone is interested, i can hook you up with them. welcome aboard littleprops, nice boats, got any action pics? where are you located?

AIRWALK

LittleProps
04-16-2007, 01:48 PM
welcome aboard littleprops, nice boats, got any action pics? where are you located?

AIRWALK

thanks. Dont have any action shots but do have some video :cool:

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2pzbui8

sofar the mono has run 57mph (51-52 in that vid). Got a new motor in it thats lookin like it will get her runnin in the low-mid 60's very soon :D

one day ill have another big boat....just have to sell one of the real cars first :p btw im in Blue Ridge, GA up in the mountains. Big ol lake to go fast on though :D

moparbarn
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
cool vid of your mono, littleprops. i'm on the other end of the blue ridge. north, east or west and i'm in w. va. in about 3 miles, about as far north in va. as you can get. rain, snow and 50-60 mph wind today, little boats stay in the garage for a while longer, dammit! when is this s**t going to stop? global warming, my butt. i've got some long video i need to edit down to a manageable length. maybe i can get it done tomorrow, we are slow as can be at work. go home and get the top speed set up with a modified k&b and a larger prop tonite, then wait on this freakin' weather.

AIRWALK

moparbarn
04-19-2007, 10:38 AM
just talked to the hobby shop. $100 on the dumas abs hot shot sprint, and $50 for the aquacraft top speed/original version. these are both .21 size ob tunnels. the top speed is the same as mine in the previous pics. i also have an older hot shot sprint-very light and fast. the top speed is a little longer and heavier-much more stable for just fun. the dumas requires more attention/actual driving. both are a hoot! rerigging my dumas, hope to have it ready for saturday, temps near 70 and sunny! now that my son has the same hull, we will have to sort out the bragging rites. i'll keep ya posted.

AIRWALK

LittleProps
04-19-2007, 11:10 AM
cool. I use to be big into the nitro stuff....but have migrated over to the dark side.... gas :)

Actually just sold my nitro cat..... now have just one nitro boat left, and it should be an interesting one once i finish it.

.21 size Rigger with my OPS .65 :eek:

moparbarn
04-19-2007, 11:42 AM
if you can keep that rigger on the water, it should scream! i've always been into ob's, both big and little. like .21 tunnels the best, more fun to tune your set up. LITTLE things make a HUGE difference. cheaper, too.

AIRWALK

Jay R.
04-19-2007, 11:49 AM
I have a fiberglass hull and a abs is anyone wants to get into R/C cheap. I also have a couple of stock homelite engines to get rid of.

moparbarn
04-19-2007, 01:23 PM
what kind of hulls/size/price/pics?

AIRWALK