PDA

View Full Version : Joe Burgess

Skeeter0226
03-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Here are a few pictures of the late Joe Burgess. I don't know any information about them. I do remember Joe driving a similar Laser at a race in Memphis in the late 70's.

Skeeter0226
03-25-2007, 05:48 PM
A few more. The first I think is in his familar FE allison and the second in a SE tunnel. I guess the last is a FJ?

slowverado
07-29-2007, 08:15 PM
the #270 Laser was Roark

slowverado
08-08-2007, 08:12 PM
That #270 boat is the boat pictured below, it has been in my dad's back yard since ~1993 and was in the garage until then. The rub rail is still "dented" where Joe would use it to "rub" during the race. Dad always refused to fix it because of the sentimental value.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/slowverado/IMG_1061.jpg

Rusrog
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Is your dad's name Billy?

Russ Rogers

slowverado
08-09-2007, 10:06 PM
My dad is David... Billy is his little brother (thats all I'll say about him...) I have Bill's old LTV and this boat. I'm really not sure that either are worth doing any work to now that I have looked at them further.

runwhatchabrung
08-15-2007, 07:54 PM
havasu, st louis and huntington

CUSTOM PERFORMANCE 1
08-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I Believe that is an APBA legal SV (Super Modified V Bottom) with a Twister II C6. BIG FUN!!!!!!:D

mbd29
08-16-2007, 06:13 AM
Runwhatchabrung: Nice shot of your Dad and Len Yeager (Black Max) Reggie too.

It has also been a long time since seeing a photo of Steve Robertson. He wasn't to bad in a V bottom also. Tuff to beat Joe though.

Talked to Ben Sr. about a year ago. He seemed to be enjoying life.

slowverado
08-16-2007, 05:49 PM
havasu, st louis and huntington

Those last two pics aren't of Joe, those are both Roark driving the boat they built for Joe at St. Louis the weekend he was killed. You see in the last pic there how Roark is all alone and there's no wake in front of him? He was WAYYYYY WAYYYYYY out on the field, ran that entire front and back stretch all alone. Walked off with the race until he barrel rolled the thing in turn 2. What a sad and at the same time amazing weekend that was.

Another thing, in the very first pic in this thread notice how little of that 19' some-bitch is in the water....damn Joe was BAD. That pic was taken in Alexandria, LA at a Mod VP Shootout. See the wake going away from the front of the boat....Joe made it. He went out and lugged around in circles creating wakey chop, he knew that Laser ran better on the chop and out of the water. He was a brilliant driver.