PDA

View Full Version : 35mm

whipper
03-25-2007, 02:28 AM
What asa is best for out door sunny water shots. I always use 400 should I use 200? James

Scream And Fly
03-25-2007, 02:33 AM
James, film speed depends on many things such as available light, lens, the type of photography, speedlight (if any), etc. If you're shooting fast boats outdoors in bright light with a reasonably fast lens, 200 would work and 400 would be fine.

whipper
03-25-2007, 02:43 AM
Thanks Greg. Hay did ya see the new camera comming out next month?Its a Canon TX1 it is a digital video,steady shot,and shoots 7.1meg stills!! 500 bucks. They said it was specialy designed for posting on the net with the youtubers. Sounds like a good one for the average guy to take and dounload boat vids.

Scream And Fly
03-25-2007, 02:44 AM
Yeah, it looks pretty cool - I bet its image quality is not very good though.:)

whipper
03-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Isnt 7.1 meg pretty good for stills.Its HD 720p high def video and 7.1 meg stills.4gig flash cards.It has a seperate memory just for stills.http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Canon-TX1-Brings-HD-Video-Capture-to-a-Pocket-Digital-Camera.htm James

Scream And Fly
03-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Isnt 7.1 meg pretty good for stills.It has a seperate memory just for stills.

Well, here's where we have to get past what marketing has people believing. Megapixels and image quality are two different things. But common marketing makes people think that more is better. Not true at all.

You can have a 6 megapixel camera shoot higher quality photos than a 10 megapixel camera. That may not always be the case (especially with consumer models). Lower megapixel cameras are usually able to shoot in lower light better, since their sensors have larger photosites.

For example, the $3500 (without lens) professional Nikon D2Hs is 4.1 megapixels, and it will shoot an image that absolutely blows away the best consumer 10 megapixel camera.

Greg

whipper
03-25-2007, 02:58 AM
I knew this wasnt going to be easy.:D To bad you cant always just try before ya buy with the consumer models.Ill have to try them if I can or look for a used higher end one.i realy want to get some great video this year. I wish I had one for tuesday. My family and I are taking off to Cancun on tues for 8 days of fun in the sun!!!:D Being spring break and all could most likely get some interesting footage.;) James

Scream And Fly
03-25-2007, 03:00 AM
Just remember that those models that do everything usually don't do anything particularly well. If you want good quality photos or video, it's best to get a dedicated camera or video camcorder. :).

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Greg

whipper
03-25-2007, 03:07 AM
Thanks.